Does society understand or care about the idea of a "genius" or someone that is highly apt at something that just...

Does society understand or care about the idea of a "genius" or someone that is highly apt at something that just doesn't want anything to do with society.

Here's the story of Good Will Hunting, a man that is extremely apt at something that is known about by nobody and is generally the last person you would expect to be that way.

>he generally avoids society and lives his life doing "simple things"
>why is he this way? It must be because there's something wrong with him
>there's nothing wrong with the society that he's in, no. He lives in a shit neighborhood, and the people around him are nobodies with no future that start fights with strangers and break windows, but the problem is him specifically because... "he could work on his people skills". Or something, I don't know
>the film invents a contrived example where his father was a deadbeat drunk that beat him with frying pans
>the film concludes with Will overcoming his inner demons and saying "Man, that was really bad. But it's time for me to get over it"
>the conclusion to this film is not that "Society left a young boy for dead. Nevertheless a young boy that could have grown up to be Einstein. We need to say never again"
>Will then goes back into a society that he hates. Instead of... I don't know. Living in the mountains or something. He doesn't overcome his demons and then go back into seclusion, he overcomes his demons and then goes back and integrates into a society that left him for dead

It reminds me of the insane Russian guy that solved one of the Millenium Prize problems and never showed up for the million dollars or the reward.
And then society proceeded to follow him around and demand answers.

Not "Can we help you. You look mentally ill"

Attached: MV5BYTc2MjE1YTItNWIyYy00YTA4LWE1MWMtODA0MDM1NTVlNjcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 103.5K)

No. Unless you are an OBVIOUS genius and your family has the resources no one gives a damn.

this also
>was good looking
>genius
>lifted aka good physique not too big but athletic type
>cute gf
literally my dream

What I remember about geniuses is some Russian guy who had an amazing memory. Eventually the constant gaslighting caused him to an hero, though the official story was that because he HAD such an apt memory, he couldn't forgive and forget because he couldn't forget

>and your family has the resources no one gives a damn.
You have the ability to solve some of the hardest problems in existence that nobody else in the world has been able to crack.

But you don't have the money to fund your studies and ventures yourself. So go fuck yourself, I guess.
Come back when you're a genius that is also rich.

They should have left Ramanujan in the Indian slum they found him in.

Attached: b2miezcwvar61.png (1080x1250, 482.52K)

>It reminds me of the insane Russian guy that solved one of the Millenium Prize problems and never showed up for the million dollars or the reward.
>And then society proceeded to follow him around and demand answers.

Wait why didnt he take his free money?

>His reasons for refusing the medal, says Ball, are complex, but "it centres around his feeling of isolation from the mathematical community, and not wanting to be seen as a figurehead".

No one really knows.
"He's crazy" seems to be the best answer.

He currently lives in St. Petersburg with his mom.
The most interesting thing he's ever been recorded doing is buying a loaf of bread.

Yes. Genius is worthless unless its actually used in the real world

Oh so he was just afraid of being put in a leadership role and the rest of the math dudes were dicks to him because he would style on them without trying.

Classic genius situation. Governments really need to go out of their way to find and protect people like that if they actually want to get anywhere.

Hopefully this recognition happens soon.

Your practicality is demonic. You have no appreciation for the beauty of a thing it self. Only what it can get for you. It's disgusting. You should be ashamed.

Attached: satou.jpg (865x754, 174.39K)

If there was beauty in the thing then people would value it, and the person would be wealthy. You only care about what other people think, try to think for yourself for once

>You only care about what other people think, try to think for yourself for once
>Beauty only exists based on what other people think is valuable

No user, you only care about what other people think. You should think for yourself.

Attached: 1ctwcsx.gif (356x371, 575.91K)

You only care about what other people think. Your entire argument is about what other people think. Get your social IQ up.

The fact you judge value in things because of the wealth associated with it is alarming.

>nobody gives a fuck about you
> all of a sudden everyone acts nice to you because you have something to offer
>oh yeah, sure I want to accept my new friends and career that never existed
>my past? haha, who cares?
>it's ok to ignore and hurt people as long as you give them money

Attached: 1602410584528.jpg (960x960, 28.84K)

I can't speak in the name of society yet.

I don't even have an argument, I just made a statement. I think your thought process is dumb. There is no argument that involves "other people" only you.

You're just repeating yourself now.

Thank you for not arguing with my observation.

Wealth is a proxy for value correct. Health and quality of relationships are others but harder to measure.

No, you dont understand. Your observation isnt even correct because I wasnt making an argument to begin with. I was just insulting you. Even now I am only insulting you. You are dumb.

There was no argument that would suggest it was incorrect.

I'm just gonna let you have this one. It's not worth it.

I'm not sure the concept of a genius exists. Most people who were considered eccentrics or geniuses historically seemed to have autism, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.

I've been called a genius before but I'm just an autist with OCD who repeats things I read in books.