How do I choose a therapist?

how do I choose a therapist?
I feel like I would be more comfortable talking to a woman, but I heard its better to choose the same sex as yourself. Any anons have any advice??

Attached: 207.jpg (1600x1064, 319.09K)

therapy is fucking dumb and waste of money. which is funny because my ex is fucking dumb and doesnt have a lot of money but will pay a stranger to listen to her bullshit anyways

paying strangers to listen to your problems is as robot as it gets, if you're a therapy denier get the fuck out of my thread

a real man would deal with his problems unlike a bitch or a woman. and if you need to get some shit off your chest go to a bar and unload it their or talk to your bros at the gym.

therapists will never really help you solve your problems because that's the source of their income

I'm in the same boat I don't think I need it but my mom's insurance gives me 3 free trips so why not I guess?

you're a little kid lol
>muh gym muh bar
that's like a woman's or a little boy's perception of what a man is kek
gay faggot homo buttfuck

okay fag, guess I won't go to the doctor either
there's no shortage of patients, they don't need my 100 bucks a month to keep their job
can someone who isn't retarded please reply

Shop around. It's all you can do.

Depends on the therapist. Therapists will basically try to prime you in certain ways hoping to evoke clarity about your circumstances. They'll work through programs which often involve writing stuff down.

Writing stuff down forces people to contend with their thoughts in an immediate way, which is difficult at times for those going through it. At the same time, the therapist can't really tell you what to do because it's not their job: their job is to help YOU come to an understand yourself about why you think what you do.

This can be tough to do in the real world. There's subjects you can't bring up without alienating others around you, and paradoxically those closest to us are sometimes the ones we hide the most from. That's the benefit of a therapist from what I can tell.

Pick someone who has a similar background to you
Ex: same race, gender, financial background, etc.

I bet you are arguing with me but you are a virgin and you are younger than me and a lot fucking dumber and most definitely less wealthy than me.
so maybe you should go whine to your therapist faggot your problems arent going to be solved by your weak ass alone apparently a gym scares you kek

after my first session the therapist said
>I think you need medication
>I think you need in person sessions
>okay see you next time
what a fucking joke anyone who advocates for it or does it themselves. Weak people you are

>go "unload" at "muh bar" or talk about your "feelings" with your sweaty half-naked "bros" at "muh gym"

Attached: 1587581341736.png (599x640, 288.13K)

post body and post lifts faggot I bet they are both pathetic in every sense of the word

holy shit, you are just fiending for some big musclebound MEN right now, literally begging for pics
I don't "muh lift" you normie dumbass

obviously you dont lift. and this is how I know your body is weak and feeble. Whats worse? Your mind is weak too because you need to literally pay some jew or jew-lite to listen to you whine you dont have any bros or otherwise who could help you out. But most men don't need help, that is what makes them men. You would know this if you hung around them more

I met a new one for the first time today, instantly didn't like him he was just a wierd guy, go for a female therapist they actually give more fucks 9/10 times
I didn't like him so about 15 minutes in I told we didn't click and that I was gonna leave, you should do the same if you don't like them. If you like them keep going, but a nice therapist is not as common as a wierdo desu in my experience, I've tried 8 therapists and had 3 I liked and they actually helped a fair amount. Even if you think it's not working it does have at least some effect on you. You may not notice it immediately but if you take the steps to work on yourself and your situation you will eventually look back and realize how far you came.

user you are a little bitch who copes by pretending you are macho, real men don't give a fuck what is expected for "real men" to do
you will kys because you refuse to admit you are a human being

keep whining you little slut. Go to the doctor and get hormones to transition because obviously your body has failed you and given up and you arent receiving the proper amount of testosterone

If youre a failed normie dont listen to these dickheads therapy does work. I am becoming more normal each passing week as I interact with people who care about my wellbeing and progression while they also identify my flaws that I didnt see in myself.

I dont have anything to respond to these with but I appreciate the insight anons, I will keep searching