Should i see a psychiatrist?

should i see a psychiatrist?
are they trustworthy?

Attached: 1657271277577.jpg (1023x629, 98.67K)

dyor and self diagnose beforehand
be sincere, the worst that can happen is that the psychiatrist discriminates against you for drug use or being "lazy", at which point id recommend going to another professional (using public healthcare in most or all places you can ask for them to change your professional no prob)
if you worry they might lock you up (they wont) check if its even possible in your country
ask for a diagnosis if they dont give you one in a few appointmenrs, there are some who are so shit they try to work without a disgnosis, btw same reason many psychologists FUCKING SUCK
ask for explanations of the diagnosis if you dont see it
ask for explanation of why the meds and disagree if you do

Attached: unknown-316.png (577x545, 450.92K)

i feel like this is quite good advice, thank you user
i will keep this in mind if/when i decide to see one

>should i see a psychiatrist?
Depends on what you're planning on visiting them for. The DSM is bullshit verging on theology, and the APA are basically the modern equivalent of high priests. But mental illness is also serious and sometimes people need help.

That said, if it's just for something like autism, then no you shouldn't see a psychiatrist

i want to go because of depression, trauma, and like maybe the very slightest possibility of schizophrenia
just because of paranoia, and like you know when you see a person just as a trick of the light, or like you misssee a chair as a person out of the corner of our eye, but then it goes away immediately?
that happens to me maybe 4 or 5 times a day

Schizophrenia is serious and yeah you should probably be seeking help for it. Trauma is something you're going to have to live with and work through for the rest of your life, so consider seeing a therapist

dsm and icd rock theyre quite good you just dont see it because youre stupid unironically
theres a limited amount of ways one can turn out and theres a lot of ways already there fairly well defined, not everything but cmon its useful
>if you have autism you shouldnt see a psychistrist
confirmed retard or malicious get outta here
to get autismbux which could be a step up and you should get them if they think you deserve them (although i should too but i hate the idea of leeching more and will probably kms first) you need a diagnosis first

Attached: 1656228524276.jpg (469x452, 91.1K)

i might, i've just had very bad experiences which scares me
since like, i do self harm, i do some drugs, and i'm a little bit suicidal
mental health people have threatened to report me before, plus a school councillor got me kicked out of highschool

/thread

I really don't know what anyone could add to this.

Oh no.....
I totally do not want those large paws push down my hips with ferocious fervor.
Forcing my member to stand up from adrenaline.
The same soft strong paws then covering my mouth muffling my screams as my member is pushed inside this beast's opening. Oh nooo~

Attached: rape.jpg (707x1000, 150.01K)

You should take benzos with vodka, they feel really really good, trust me fren. I know all about it.

Very wrong I've talked to therapists before and they have tried to chapter 15 me. They even called the cops to bring me to the psych ward. You can't trust them at all.

Imagine paying someone to just listen to ramble for an hour

a fundamental aspect of PTSD is a chronically elevated level of norepinephrine which can be treated
going to a bad therapist or even any therapist if youre yourself intelligent is a bad idea because they wont contribute anything just make you think of it again and again and make you more emotional and broken than you already were; i hope not, and there must be at least one good therapist somewhere, but i can only recommend psychiatrists without a doubt
could be serious in a couple fo years but could be minor and you could get overmedicated makign you useless, seriously read about the stuff yourself before you go
its not true everywhere which is why i told to check, in some european countries like mine you cant be at all restrained or put in a ward unless youre an *immediate* danger only to others
lol whatd you tell em
if thats all it ends up being you have to leave, they have to answer something and clearly be doing something

Attached: IMG_9044.png.jpg (1936x2146, 637.65K)

>should i see a psychiatrist?
>are they trustworthy?

trustworthy?
probably to some extent yea, they won't lie to you.

Should you see one? FUCK no.

SSRIs are a meme, at best they do nothing, at worst you will experience debiliatating side effects.

Therapy is a total meme, you will go through rounds of therapists who will give you WORSE advice than you find on Any Forums. I am not even joking about this. Therapists are a group of the most uninspired, cash grabbing retards I have ever interacted with in my life.

Before you try medicine or therapy, please follow my advice user. We've all gone through shit in our lives and help is readily available if you reach out for it. But the medical system will not help you.

1) You need to CHANGE your scenery.
The configuration of your life as it is isn't working. Before thinking the problem is you, try and change that first. Can you move? Can you get a different job or go back to school? Can you remove yourself from a toxic environment or friend group?? Do this FIRST.

2) You need to be HEALTHY -
This means both physically and mentally healthy. The gym is unironically a great place for working on both. Go lift weights. It's the highest impact exercise you can do. Try and get a personal trainer if you can afford one.

3) you need to be making progress in life. Whatever it is you want to do - learning to draw, learning to code, getting your degree - you need to actually be working towards some goal every day. Otherwise you will fill listless, frustrated at the tedium of life. This comes after the first two.

If you need to talk to someone I would love to talk - my discord is loveliesbleeding#8614.

this goes hard except i think you should see one but read about stuff first and disagree if you do and dont take things you dont know/think will help

Attached: wiru7pd9os591.jpg (1242x1056, 155.97K)

i feel like i've already tried all those things except for number 3, and they didn't really make me feel any better, tho maybe i didn't do them hard enough or something
i'll add your disc in a bit, i might make some food, it's like 8pm and i haven't eaten yet

>8pm
do you live in Japan user???

i gotta sleep its 3 AM here lol. but ill talk to you later tho

Attached: 1656461911442.png (1080x1003, 1.45M)

i'm australian :^)
sleep well tho, user!!

Just my extreme nihilistic existential thoughts. My constant suicidal thoughts. Depression anxiety. Male BPD thoughts. One time I was telling my therapist all this and she said do I even want to get better in an extremely condescending way. She didn't want to hear me out and it seemed like she was disgusted with me. Seriously fuck therapist. I tried that shit for 12 years and did medication for 12 years. Three group therapies two psi chord visits. Even tried DBT therapy. All the shits a scam to get money out of sad people.

i think the issue a lot of people have is the way therapists communicate. they don't try and convince you of anything by outsmarting you or by poking holes in your logic but instead they try to be "understanding" and "let you come to your own conclusions".

which is never going to work for many people.