"bro stop being a loser and get a job"

>"bro stop being a loser and get a job"
>get a Masters in computer science
>apply to 230 companies
>get rejected every time
>now unemployed
Huh?

Attached: img.png (1080x891, 281.78K)

I literally keep getting called 7 months after getting a degree next time look for an actual career retard
>t. Mechanical engineer

>thinks he can be white and do white collar work in 2022

Attached: you retarded slaves.jpg (1280x720, 50.27K)

You did not apply to 230 companies, more like 2,3

Nice fitness thread dumbass

Nigga, companies are crying out for programmers. The only way you'd go unemployed is if you're one of those "Too smart to code" types.

Next time put that you're non-binary on your resume. Go by they/them.
Ez diversity hire.

>tfw literally too smart to code

Attached: Your-Sanity-In-a-Dull-Working-Environment.jpg (828x551, 85.63K)

i guess you were too retarded to realize that you have to be a pajeet to get a programming job these days

You probably have no proof of programming skills or have absolutely 0 soft skills. A masters degree in computer science doesn’t matter much when you can’t show a potential employer functioning projects. Further jobs don’t want to hire people who are completely unable to communicate.

>apply to 230 companies
no you didnt.
lets entertain your blatant lie though: It's not working out for you, go become a forklift operator or something
>inb4 any job is below you
You're a neet, nothing is below you

there are over 2 million computer science graduates in the workforce currently, what are you doing to make yourself stand out when applying for jobs?

>europoor
>country already too densely populated
>housing prices out of the ass
>government still decides to import more refugees every year
>overall population keeps increasing, while amount of native people keeps decreasing
>30% of my country will be non-western in less than 40 years
>people expect me to wageslave 40 hours a week to support this vile system where i own nothing and will be ethnically replaced
lol

All my free time went into competitive programming (red coder on codeforces), a small operating system and my own antivirus software. I have extensive programming knowledge in C/C++, Python, Java and a tiny bit of Rust.

get on cybersecurity or try a gubbermint job

then you're just lying

Attached: unnamed.png (390x512, 134.28K)

Most of your cities have a bigger population than at least 10 European countries lol
Also your opinions are based on your shitty news outlets rather than your own experience, and thus you have inferior opinions

Yeah like someone on Any Forums would pass that background check

Op hire a pro resume writer for like 100 bucks

coping wagecuck detected

not him but what the fuck are you talking about moron?

dude you do realize a lot of normies are on Any Forums now its not a niche or mysterious non normie place right

>cybersecurity
My Masters was in Cybersecurity. I even tried to apply for very low level systems engeering jobs where you only install windows servers and manage an active directory but I even got rejected from these offers.

Lmao I can call in sick any time and still get paid, get baby leave when wifes pregnant and still get paid, have burnout? Still get paid
You have no rights in your land of the free lmao.
This comment says everything about you and nothing about me

Where do you get rejected? How many interviews have you had? What happens at them?

start your own business you fucking mental wagecuck. has every bit of freedom been bred out of you you r-selected parasite?

he literally says hes from europe and all of that shit applies to euro countries including mine, are you illiterate? what makes you think hes talking about the US?

>Be me
>Have MSc Computer science (10 years ago)
>Cant programme to save my life
>Dont have a job as a programmer
>Test Engineer
>Still earning £60k a year

:))

should have gotten a trade

I thought he was American lol

Federal government is desperate for employees. Learn the tricks to getting past the automated screening process for USAJobs and discover the glory of making too much money for doing too little work.

step up your resume/application skills

>master in lowtier job
they dont want you cause master means they have to pay you more. If a moron can do it its better to hire someone without a degree to pay min wage justified by no degree.

this isn't true

They don’t have to, it’s more so they are concerned if you have those qualifications/specialization you will leave the job soon for something that fits your specialization better (and will pay more) so either you are a higher risk for
quitting, or they pay more to try to prevent this. If you really want the job you can always just leave out that you have a masters degree.

i know for a fact that the wage brackets here are defined by your degree. Maybe youre a burger or whatever but op was euro so hes likely closer to my country than yours.

Especially for gov jobs its written in law. So your prospects to level up are limited if you dont go full route.

yeah burgers they want that masters to pay you the minimum thats how we do it here
he'd get a job but he wouldn't be paid what hes worth

you got in too late. tech bubble is popping. never made sense how us programmers were making 100k+ starting whereas euro salaries were half that.

> never made sense
living cost.

high salaries are mostly pure show when you have to live in places that eat up the salary entirely. The only winners in silicone valley are the coders who lived in a van for a few years, stockpiled millions not paying anything and ran away.

You never filled the autoexec.bat with pauses.
Ngmi

Attached: monkey-calculate.gif (220x167, 713.18K)

Do you have a spreadsheet about detailing your applications?

If not, you're not serious. If yes, anonymize it and post it

Unironically this. You'll be about as non-binary as everyone else using "they" so just take the advantage.

this makes no sense
I only have a high school finished, I still havent completed my cs undergrad and I landed a junior position with one project

are you asking for obscene money, acting like a cunt on interviews or lying?

>apply to companies like a good cattle

You seek wagecuckoldry, until you learn why this is wrong we cannot help you.

Indians work for 1/10th of that. Why wouldn’t companies outsource to India then? You know the answer.

what project? Just wondering if you got something solid usable while op got nothing to show.

I have a meme bachelors in stats and i got a 120k a year job in the midwest and my wife makes dumb shit and gets 60k a year are you fucking retarded or socially inept?

>applied to 141 companies since yesterday

I basically made a simple holiday reservation web app, you can select which hotel/room you want from the available ones in the period that you choose, while the administrator can see all that data, filter through it etc

.net core in c#, react for frontend with mssql databases

Uh oh another person who graduated without a portfolio on Github and who didn't even try to utilize the school's resources to get an internship or network with similar students so your chances to get a job improve. My best jobs were always referrals from people I competed with in clubs in college. Better luck next time. Lmao debt.

>quit my CS degree 2 semesters in
>got a programming job literally next week
you must be a complete autist if companies won't hire you with a masters. Are you able to hold a normal conversation with a human being? Because the problem likely isn't your qualifications

The software Armageddon from all the Pajeet code is going to be sweet. It's like saying to a plumber "my uncle is going to do the job for free" and then laughing when they call 6 months later for quadruple the repairs.

>Lmao debt
University was free in my country.

>what did the jews mean by this

>in my country
Wasted 6 years then fucking retard. I love how people complain about not finding a job and act smug that their education is free.

Enjoy the 60% tax rate fucker. Lmao taxes until you die for $40k in education.

>people expect me to wageslave 40 hours a week to support this vile system where i own nothing and will be ethnically replaced
What is the solution? Be poor, live out in the country, make babies and Vargpill?

>Wasted 6 years then fucking retard
Actually took me 10 years to finish Uni :D

I hope you at least fucked college girls

Do you have any projects to show? How much job experience do you have? Companies don't want to hire you if you don't have either of those and have a masters since they think (know) you'll want more money even though you perform like a junior developer would. You better have some good projects or research to put on your resume, if not then only put your bachelors and apply to junior positions and get 2 years of experience.

>29 year old man with 0 work experience
yeah, I can see why nobody wants to hire you lol. Hope you at least got a ton of college pussy out of it.

Your post describes perfectly why your country has a severe case of societal rot

They are crying out for experienced programmers. They don't give a shit about people with less than 5 years experience.

>Dude, getting a job is ez just be better than 2 million people at something

>if you're not paying 60% tax rate you'll have societal rot
Last time I checked europoors are being ethnically replaced by sandniggers and it's illegal to complain about it.

the world has rot we unironically need a famine, great war and a real pandemic to cleanse the earth or 50-60% of the people

>average person is garbage and I can't be assed to be better than any of them

>You got your Bachelor's 2 years ago but I don't see any job experience. What have you been doing in this 2-year employment gap starting at the COVID-19 shutdown???

I hate HR so much it's unreal

>There is no mass immigration to America
Lol
You have societal rot because you live in a complete eat or be eaten world, which worked in the 60's 70's 80's etc., but it's getting outdated.
It's funny to me how Americans don't realize their ego affects them in every way. Plenty of 'self made' old guys in America don't even give their kids shit because they think they should make their own money like they did. Here in Europe every parents helps out their children in at least one way or another.
Housing is the same shit whether you're in Europe or USA, live in big city? Good luck, live in rural area? Opportunity everywhere!

leaving is the solution. And the richfags did exactly that. When ferkel invited immigrants to eu the rich went out. Some will say oh it was only cause they persecuted them for tax evasion but why did they suddenly need to persecute them? new immigrant influx caused a spike in gibs requirement. And since the rich left the remaining poor idiots got to pay up even more.

Based. Took me 5.5 years to get my BSc too (average at my uni was 4.3 years).

In that time I would expect to at least a mature project in their Github portfolio that shows they even care about their job. People are graduating and they don't have fucking anything to show for it. I like programming so much I have side projects to show for days that I do in my spare time.

Nope, also no college pussy. I am now a 29 years old kissless virgin with zero work experience and a Masters in Cybersecurity. I don't know why I shouldn't kill myself haha

The problem with Europoors is they think the United States is "United State". Each state in America is as diverse as each of your tiny countries. My state is growing into a GDP superpower within 20 years and it's where the high IQ people in the west live. Low taxes, conservative, intelligent population. Oh and low crime rate with based cops.

join the militaryNANBT

I can tell you specialized in C

Idahoian?

> Get masters in data science
> Build an indeed profile
> Apply to jobs with literally 1 button
> Apply to 150 jobs per day on average 7 days per week for 6 weeks
> 6 figure job before my Research position ends at university
It's that simple fitizen

>I have side projects to show for days that I do in my spare time
How do you manage Uni workload, 10h part-time job, lifting weights, a girlfriend, 1-2 hobbies, cooking, grooming, showering etc. and still have time for side projects?
Computer science really is a all or nothing approach. Either dedicate everything or don't even get a job.

Sounds like Straya.

Yeah you live in a rural area, maybe even up north in Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire?
Every EU country has places like this.
Also sorry to say but the most 'diverse' state I can think of is Texas and other states in the south, at least when it comes to common beliefs and expression of thought.
In EU you have a different accent every 30 minutes you travel lol.

>29
>no pussy
>in 2022
Holy shit, how is this even possible?

Attached: 08E866CC-3EDD-40D9-B322-C0650A0A5807.jpg (836x814, 49.83K)

> conservate
> intelligent
You can only have one. And no red states have decent GDP.

Not him but it‘s pretty easy to achieve if you‘re naturally an antisocial coward.
You can be successful in all other areas of life but still suck when it comes to other people in non-professional settings.

My point is if you actually liked programming one of your hobbies would've been related to your degree. I make video games in my spare time, I also like to dabble in machine learning projects. My actual focus is dev ops, server architecture. So I'm extremely well rounded as a programmer and my interviews are always a piece of cake because we just shoot the shit talking about fun projects rather than their boring job role.

>Holy shit, how is this even possible?
I am a ginger.

Let me know how your state fares during the food riots. I'm going to be watching the riots this year with glee, hope you been buying 6 months of food because it's going to get real this fall for the election. :))

I like programming at my job and advance my knowledge in my free time to get better at it, yet I‘ve never really programmed a larger app in my free time. Simply can‘t be bothered to.

>10y exp and earning less than fresh out of college americans
lmao at europoors

>Any day now guys
>Any one of these days I'm gonna be right
>Just ignore all the times I've been wrong
>Any day now

>he thinks there will be food shortages in the US
Rural retard plz

>My point is if you actually liked programming one of your hobbies would've been related to your degree
And where do you make time for a hobby where you can meet girls? This is the problem with cs, you need a lot of time outside of work sitting at home doing your own projects while staying a shy virgin because you have no time meeting girls.
Well, it's too late for me anyway I have no career, no money, no dating experience, nothing. I will never have a family or amount to anything.
I will now set up my stream and send you a link so I can kms just like the dude from r9k a few years ago.

>They don't give a shit about people with less than 5 years experience.
in my previous company there was a guy with 3yrs of experience hired as a SENIOR engineer. to be fair it was deserved and he was good
actual skills>years of experience

My real advice is working an app for yourself that has the potential to make money. If you publish it and it works you have a chance to be free from the shackles of a job. If you publish it and it doesn't work it's still a fantastic portfolio piece that shows you're not a chump. I say this as someone who makes six figures in the industry and has people trying to poach me on LinkedIn even though my profile says I'm not looking for a job.

Your issue is you have no initiative and would rather post on Any Forums being demoralized rather than spending that time working on something fun. I unironically meet girls on online dating apps, just had a nice date doing mini golf yesterday. It all blends together if you don't get it yet. Your side projects can be used for bragging on dates especially if there's any sort of cool factor. When I tell girls I make video games in my spare time they always want to see what I make.

1) LinkedIn. You better be sucking the cock of every CEO of every company that you want to get into.

2) Social networking offline/IRL. Connect with Alumni from your graduating class, talk to old professors, attend university career fairs, search for computer science professional societies in your region/state. Start being more socially active with people in your career field.

3) cold call companies. Watch wolf of wallstreet. You know that scene where bro is calling random people trying to sell them stocks? That's you cold calling companies to sell them your resume. All you ask for is for the hiring manager to see your resume.

4) elevator pitch. Maximum 60 seconds to 90 seconds: introduce who you are, why I should hire you, and what makes you the best candidate for the role of interest.

5) resume needs to be flawless. Use STAR format, situation task action result, when explaining what you did at that company. Use specific numbers, figures and percentages when detailing the results you achieved at that role.

Eg of bad:
*worked cash register
Eg of good:
*managed customer service of busy location using teamwork, and lead a team of trainees to increase revenue by $2million dollars over 6 months.

Also, if you have little to no job experience, consider getting an entry level job in a related field, while you search for a job in your computer science profession. There is literally nothing that looks worse to a recruiter at a tech firm or any big professional company, than someone with a big unemployment gap.

Congratulations on graduating university. You now have a piece of paper. You still need to stand out among the other 200 kids in your graduating class. And the other 10,000 kids who also graduated with your degree this year. And the other millions of seasoned and experienced tech professionals, whether in the us or internationally trained.

The competition is tough, and you need to stand out. The 5 tips above may help a bit with job search. Good luck.

Attached: a30.jpg (680x802, 71.34K)

not Any Forums related. but also where do you live and how god awful do your applications look?

What are your top 5 countries to go to?

Oversaturated field + you're probably a white man. Regardless of both, it's not impossible for you to get a job in that field. It all depends on where you're looking. Just gotta keep applying anywhere and everywhere.
I'm so glad I didn't pursue compsci and instead went for mech e.

Your supposed to build your experience on the side while at school.
Programming is literally ones of the only fields that makes this so easy.
Just make a couple contributes to some bs open source project.
Maybe design your own game engine (even if you aren't going into game development it will show you can build complex software)
Get the red dragon book and build your own compiler for holy c.
Rebuild the third temple.

So lie. Lie your fucking ass off. Trust me, it works.

You're not fooling anybody when you take a day to do a task that takes 30 minutes.

>not doing CE or EE
user...

Attached: 1637485456728.jpg (896x1241, 124.05K)

If it's a big company you should lie and say you're Latinx, but smaller companies take no issue in hiring white men from my experience.p2rgo

>admits it'll get you the job
Glad we agree. Not my problem if you're actually incompetent.

>science
YOU'RE TURBO GAY. Just go for applied science field like engineering or medicine instead of pansy academic shit.

Attached: 1655362969347m.jpg (730x1024, 69.61K)

Bro just become 0.00001% most aesthetic male and make social media money

>expecting any aspie from Any Forums to network
May as well tell him to major in social work. Sometimes i wonder if this site is just giant normies, go back to redd

>instantly fired
>blacklisted via third party employment partners

Behaving like an aspie is a choice, everybody likes having friends.

What are these tricks

Obviously you're doing something fucking wrong. It's not your qualifications, and its probably not even your personality, because they didn't call you back. Watch some videos on selling yourself, humbleness isn't going to give you anything in this world.

depends heavily on your situation. Degree, wealth, income sources will determine which country will gives you the best benefits. Then there are special rules like portugal giving you tax benefits for first 10 years if you employ 2 people minimum. Another option was a country with 500k asset value as an immigration requirement but 0% capital gains tax. Perfect if you already got money and want to sit on a portfolio in early retirement. Dont remember the name for same reason - outside my budget range.

Personally i liked montenegro because of the food quality combined with relative low capital gains tax but its ill suited for older people due lacking health care infrastructure (wanted to get parents into retirement first in resort but they noped out due medical requirements) and the eu has been trying to take them into their hive for a while now. So its overall like a temporary decent compromise with uncertain future.

Note living in the country doesn't mean you have to place your corp also there. Its not uncommon to shop for your ideal llc location separate from your ideal living place. In fact countries like netherlands&uk have services that help you establish a llc in a day.

>Apply to FAGMAN for every position in every state
>study hard for interview; they’re easy to get (in the right states), hard to nail
>nail interview
>relocate to bug city for 5yrs
>move back working remotely as senior dev/switch jobs
>work anywhere you want

Heres the secret anons. Apply to a major Corp. if you want big money you must work at a Corp that wouldn’t even blink with the amount of staff they have. Get in at whatever level you can and whatever role seems easiest to land. As soon as you start working look at their internal job posting boards. Find a role you like and spend the next 3 months tailoring your resume for it. Apply internally and then email the hiring manager letting them know your interest. I guarantee you will get it the job as long as it’s within reason. Internal hires is always the best feeling for corps. They love grabbing lover level guys “wasting” their talent and pluggin em into better places. You also prove to them the company wants you by already being there. Just make sure it isn’t going to get political between the managers

You need to play the networking game user, you're just letting yourself get buried by 3 billion no skill zoomers and pajeets applying online. Talk to some of your uni professors, unless you went to a literal meme school or burned literally every bridge you had there should be at least one with industry connections that doesn't hate your guts. Ask him to get his buddies to recommend you, it basically lets you skip to the front of the line. Get a LinkedIn page made, connect to people you know, then hunt down people at companies who went to your same college. Ask them to write you a recommendation, they're literally financially incentivized to do so. Eventually you'll get an interview, then you just have to pass it
You are gonna struggle a bit since you're in that weird state of being overqualified for most entry level roles but underqualified for everything else, but eventually you'll find something.just keep your leetcode skills sharp in the meantime.

Major corporations trade employees around like playing cards.

haha

>>apply to 230 companies
>>get rejected every time
Maybe you're doing it wrong.

He's probably applying to jobs he isn't qualified for or his résumé doesn't explicitly show his qualifications.

Wages in uk dogshit 60k is pretty good for here

did you do any coop at uni? masters doesnt mean shit if your portfolio and experiences are garbage, especially if you did a course based masters. you have 2 choices: either keep looking (because finding a job IS hard, but persevere), or go for phD and actually do something useful and marketable for your phD. if you can, look for an internship or coop in school or something.
if youre not getting hired after a masters at CS, its either because the system is rigged, or more likely because you're doing something very wrong. be humble and introspective.

Im happy for you user but
>Masters in data science
Ill never take you seriously. I love dunking on you little data wrangling monkeys
>t. phd in statistics and team lead to four cute little wrangle monkeys and a 6/10 secretary

Attached: 1654212264342.webm (638x360, 1.31M)

>phd stats
how? its a single fuckin course on a math degree

yeah. and if you want to go beyond that single fucking course there is lots of cool and interesting shit to do research on

Try to apply to junior roles instead of senior / regular roles which require 3-5+ years of experience. Most companies looking for a junior dev will accept you with a masters degree, but the salary is quite a bit lower. But that's what I would do if I would've send my resume that much and didn't get any match. Also try more local / state companies instead of these huge international companies where the competition to get a role is fierce between applicants.

all math/stats phd I've ever met were virgins well into their 30s. They left academia for high paying for with the hope of renting a russian prostitute as a mail order bride.

>t. neuroscience phd doing BCI in big pharma.

>low level systems engeering jobs where you only install windows servers and manage an active directory
These are the best jobs ever I was getting paid like 80k to do this shit with no college degree at 23.

Give some examples, genuinely curious what your master consisted of.

oh nah Im 29 and marries to a great woman, my son just turned 1. and nice bro, who are you working for? Im currently interviewing for a few gigs in pharma because they need more stats in their research apparently. two Interviews next week

It's mostly related to chances, odds, probabilities and so on. Typically a degree has a course where you just learn about statistical testing, how to perform them, when to perform them etc. Then a course that teaches you all these techniques by hand. That is the typical things you would do in a bachelors degree, sometimes multiple courses are spend where you learn how to do something with statistics.

The problem is that they require a motivational letter. You can opt for 1 motivational letter for every company though then it gets very easy. I wonder if they even read the motivational letter. Some interviews I've done I wonder if they have even read my resume.

Gee oh gee why doesn't your average physicists do physics projects in his spare time for fun!? How could they not!? They must not care about physics at all!

I think my Msc project would be too big to upload for github. You'll need several files for it that are all 5GB+ each and they can't really be conveniently reduced. I just dumped it on some cloud storage space along with a description on how to get it to work. Honestly github kinda sucks for anything with huge data sets.

our math statistics course was a speedrun on all cmon methods. I think hidden markov modeling wasnt part of it as it was part of another course but otherwise nothing comes to mind Then again i heard murrica doesnt teach you statistics in high school? We got the basics already way earlier in which enables to skip tutorial in university.

Doesn't happen, and if it did there's ways around it (like lying more). You impersistent faggots would never be able to take over a civilization like the jews did. Born to fucking lose.

60k pounds is rly good.

Countries like Netherlands, Germany, France pay well for IT, but that is still half the salaries of what you earn in US. Euro is slightly stronger but still.

Go into HVAC :)

So I got a masters in """advanced statistics""" which consisted of a lot of applied stuff as well as deeper stochastics. some examples were stochastic processes, bayesian shit, time series analysis... and my phd was on Information geometrics, more or less mapping statistical concepts on space

thats because you're a fucking mongoloid, quadruply so because you made even just the first step into trying to assert that you're better off economically in Europe than in the US. Europe is the land of the eternally mediocre middle class, America is where you have the potential to excel.
The only reasons somebody would be happy with all the social safety bullshit in europe are (1): you are the 1% of people born with some fucked up handicap and you have no chance of competing with others or (2, this is you): You are below average intelligence and/or work ethic and would rather pull yourself up by dragging everyone who is better at life than you down than just own up the fact you dont deserve to have any of the security you take for granted because you're a lazy retard.
Free healthcare for the fat = more money from the fit
unemployment benefits = more money from the hard working
I have booboo no want to work = more money from people who arent faggot bitches like you.
If you think this is preferable to the freedom to fail you deserve nothing.

t. europlayer

I'm European. You get stats in Europe in high school but that's very basic stuff. You don't really cover statistical testing for significance + variance, nor stuff like co dependent variables, structural equation modelling etc. Depending on your degree or uni you can just get a surface course which explains what the statistical models do OR you need to learn to manually perform these techniques by hand with only a basic calculator. Then you also have machine learning, probabilities, odds and so forth which can also take a long while but are also part of the statistics field.

European countries can be really great to make money off of having money depending on the country. Sitting back and sitting on capital (e.g. stocks paying divs, bonds, or real estate) is easier in some Euro countries than USA.

Big flaws in US are also higher interest rates on mortgages and an increased uncertainty in employment status. It's a lot easier to fire or lay someone off in US than almost all European countries.

Having a big middle class has its perks, having a lower class that doesn't sleep somewhere in tents and harasses everyone else like in some US cities is also nice.

>You don't really cover statistical testing for significance + variance,
that was still part of my high school education
>co dependent variables, structural equation modelling etc.
this wasnt

that said i was in math advanced class. No idea if we would have skipped it if i took basic math.

It’s the same for any high level job. Engineers, lawyers, doctors, even finance people make more in the US than Europe it’s just how our societies are set up. You guys get social services we get higher paying professional jobs

Start your own business.

What did you do for internships? Companies wont hire people that haven't done internships as there is no incentive when they can just hire someone that has a year of experience from working internships in summer.

Nah, it’s more like 1 yoe. Around then is when you’ll have recruiters hitting your LinkedIn dms, and after that all you have to do is pass your coding tests

That's enough to pass the technical interviews. In my experience its pretty easy to get through the HR screen and get a HR interview. But passing the technical interview can be a real nightmare as it's just 20-40 minutes programming problems that you might not know how to solve. Some candidates fail ez fizzbuzz tier problems, who would be fine on the job.

Say you are trans curious and show up in a dress, maybe a wig and. Five o’clock shdow

Kek bong/roach

I found a good job opportunity in my area, minimum $15k pay increase with room for improvement. Wish me luck bros, this would push me ahead enough to get a house for me and my gf so I can start a family.

Nice larp incel

Sex is harder to achieve nowadays than before

>applies to FAANG with 0 experience
>cries when he doesn't get accepted for the most competitive positions
Every CS-whatever I know has total horse-blinders and only apply to meme companies and then complain about the inability to get jobs
There are an infinite amount of biotech/other tech positions that pay 6 figures out the gate +insane benefits, but CS-tards refuse to do any actual job searches. Even funnier is they think a degree alone is enough. Programming is one of those disciplines where you actually gain ALL of your skill outside of classes/assigned shit. If you don't code for fun outside of your assignments, you literally don't know how to code.
I help hire at our company. We were desperate for anyone who knew how to program for months. All of the good people got scooped up immediately by the bigger companies in the area.
The problem is, when we would get a CS degree holder in for an interview, they didn't know basic shit. It was very, very clear they never had to think how to solve a problem outside of doing a homework assignment. SO many grads today don't know how to code without Jupyter notebooks or only use google colab (wait it says pandas is missing? What's conda why does it not automatically have pandas installed when I try to code in this IDE) which is terrifying. When we did get enthusiastic programmers, it was night and day, and we offered them a spot immediately before they left the building.
Want to find a job? 1) google maps your area where all the businesses are. 2) Pick some that look interested (local). 3) send emails to them to ask if they need a programmer, even if it's not on their hiring page. They do. 4) Never even consider FAANG until you have 5+ years experience, and even then, don't. I get paid about 90% what I'd make at FAANG and my life is easy as all-fuck. I have friends who's soul are sucked dry from the google team they are on because everything is insanely competitive.

>get masters
>apply to 7 places
>interview 2 days after applying
>hired 3 days after interview
>get calls from other places asking to interview 1 week later
>tell them I've been hired somewhere already
>"well if you change your mind please reach out, we'd love to have you join our team"
you need to revise your resume OP, if you're not getting calls, then you're being filtered out by their screening system and not using keywords they're searching for

I get emails from recruiters every week that want to hire me and I only have a BS in computer science. I've never been out of a job for longer than a month or two.

Is OP a lying faggot? Say it ain't so.

> Cyber security
Kek no wonder you can't find a job. Comp sci is the only degree that matters nigga.

I get all the stuff you just said and I live in Merica. Plus I get to own a gun and not live near Africans which is nice.

>i was never unemployed why cant longterm unemployed op be like me
is this what npcs are like? not even basic situational awareness.

MS in CS here. If I don't get six cold calls or offers for a job each month, it's weird.

Do you have any experience on your resume? If you don't have work experience, you need to be contributing to an open source project, so it's easy for companies to see your abilities and progress.

This is just like physical exercise. You can't jump into it at a high level without building up to it. If you were some ubermensch who could warm up with a 2 plate bench the first time you worked out, you'd know by now, and lots of other people would have noticed as well. Zeus wasn't your dad, so you have to build up to it. Jobs in CS are the exact same.

>I'm it I won't settle for less than 150k a year and 35 hours a week

I've interned at a big university doing Sysadmin/DevOps but I didn't do shit all year because I wasn't really essential there, they just kinda liked me I guess. I quit the job because it was mad depressive, but I'm thinking of taking some AWS courses so I can maybe jump on the work from home train.
Are AWS certs enough? Am I going peter-pan mode here?

Shouldnt have fallen for the high education meme and become a tradie instead. Are you still young? Mabye there is still time.

Fuck you nigger all I want is friends and I can't get it
>inb4 do xyz
I've tried it and I'm still trying it. People can smell desperation on you even if you do your best to get rid of it.

>quit the job because it was mad depressive
Get mentally fit first. Find a doc, they should get you into therapy and possibly meds.

About meds: right now, today, put a daily repeating reminder on your calendar to make a journal entry. At the end of every day, write what you're thinking, and how you're feeling. When the doc prescribes meds, keep doing it. If you wonder if they work, or are fucking with your brain in other ways, look back at the journal. Don't trust the doc to know you well enough to tell. If you show him the journal as evidence something is wrong, or still more is needed, and the doc ignores it, FIND ANOTHER DOC.

>live in uk
>salaries are dogshit
Many such cases, sad!

Attached: 1656251467794.jpg (670x680, 85.15K)

>If you don't have work experience, you need to be contributing to an open source project
How do I do that?

You're not trying hard enough. Masters in CS will have recruiters flooding your inbox. I bet youre half assing it or ignoring offers that arent from big tech corps like Jewgle, Amazon, Facebook etc

If you really truly are applying to this many jobs and actually staying on top of things, checking your inboxes, going to interviews, then just claim youre LGBTQ or Hispanic as a CS grad and I guarantee you you'll get a job in no time

>And where do you make time for a hobby where you can meet girls

That's irrelevant to hiring managers. They don't give a single fuck if you can get your dick wet or not, they want to know are you making time to work on your skills and continuously improve. If you aren't, they'll find some Pajeet incel who does nothing but code all day because they know he's at least putting in the effort to learn and not prioritizing distractions over his job

/g probably has threads on it. Otherwise just head to DDG and search, "how do I contribute to an open source project". Starting is literally that easy user.

Go to GitHub, find something that looks interesting to you, look down the list of issues -- there'll usually be ones labelled as "good first issue" -- select one to fix, make a pull request with the fix.

Lol welcome to the workforce did you just wake up or something? Instead of bitching on a fitness image board maybe you just keep applying. You need to send 300 applications a day dumb faggot. Maybe tacobell is a better fit for you

I graduated with an EE degree in January 2021 and same thing happened to me.
I got one job offer for $20 an hour as a traveling controls engineer. Did side projects, 3.7 GPA, had an internship, etc. Applied to close to 1000 jobs.
Engineering is such a fucking meme.