Do you think that this philosophical argument proves life after death?

do you think that this philosophical argument proves life after death?
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mysteries-consciousness/202204/does-afterlife-obviously-exist
i found it really convincing that even atheists and skeptics change their minds when they have an NDE themselves. why would they do that if the NDE was not really real? they are just as reasonable as anyone else and understand the hallucination and dream arguments.

Attached: Emilia.(Re_Zero).full.2416421.png (982x1170, 1.12M)

It's something I've considered before, but yes

Yeah but the problem is that most "skeptics" are afraid of the love that NDErs talk about, they don't want life to be about love and kindness, because they're failing at it badly. just look at how most of them treat other people. so instead of confronting this uncomfortable stuff they tell themselves that NDEs must be hallucinations etc, much easier for them even though its wrong.

Attached: 82b6e070ff4d5aefd37ddd76869af52b.png (564x752, 852.79K)

i'm not sure i even want to believe that, it's too depressing

Attached: 1396095439822.jpg (1600x1283, 118.93K)

yeah but y else r the atheists so irrational and dogmatic about near-death experiences though

god fucking damn it sometimes throughout the day I randomly feel like garbage and wish to die so bad I want to cry until I get distracted with something else.
What do I do now? it's so annoying I can't focus on anything until it goes away.
I'm not suicidal because I don't attempt to hurt myself I just feel so desperate of being here

'atheits' subcscribe to materialist scientism with the fervor of religious people, and as u know people with religion dislikes it when others try to undermind and destroys their beliefs system, they instinctually put up a defensive and countearattack, its the same thing with atheist whose mind is infected with the meme of atheistic materialism.
science itself was in the hold of materialist religion for decades, but doing weird paranormal shit behind closed doors (mkultra, remote viewing) they dont voice out this fringe side of science loudly in the news or public because materialist science is (a) held tight like religious people hold to religions as said before (b) its utterly dangerous to the powers that be that u KNOW weird shit like 'aura' and 'pyschic energy' actually fucking exists it might bring chaos to society, but normies themselves gatekeep it by calling people kooks and schizos etc so they bad people dont have to put so much effort.

with recent constant dmt stuff and even fucking UFOS DISCLOSURE on mainstream news "science" has started to become less of tool of materialist religion

I'm nonreligious because of my grandfather. He always went to church until he had a heart attack and was dead for 4 minutes before being revived. After that, he never went to church again. When I asked him, he told me he didn't believe anymore because he saw nothing at all during that time. He was pretty shaken for a while, but in the end it made him a much better person, because he lived his life for it instead of for some nonsense afterlife. All those stories of seeing the afterlife or post-death visions are just those who experienced hallucinations while dying. An afterlife would make no sense in our universe anyway.

Emilia tan!!

No. Just because enough people see something and say they saw the same thing doesn't make it real. People who trip on drugs can see the same thing but we don't take those as credible. Its obvious our brains work in similar ways and that's why we experience certain things the same relatively. Therefore, any kind of experience that has no evidence to back it up coupled with being something borderline paranormal, can easily be ignored.

> An afterlife would make no sense in our universe anyway.
Can you elaborate why it doesn't make any sense? It doesn't seem so far fetched to me to be absolutely honest. And of course I'm not sure if my idea of "after life" is the same as yours.

This is the problem with many people, they base their worldview based on only what they themselves experience, instead of seeing the larger picture of what everyone experiences.
Most people who come close to death do not have NDEs, like your example of your grandfather. However, when this cohort of people come close to death again, they can have an NDE just like they could the first time - it is random whether someone has an NDE or not.
But, and this is the crucial point, when have an NDE they actually change their mind.
Good for your grandfather for changing his life for the better, though.
>All those stories of seeing the afterlife or post-death visions are just those who experienced hallucinations while dying.
So 100% of the population does not understand "it must have been a hallucination bro!"-argument? What do you understand that they don't?
>Just because enough people see something and say they saw the same thing doesn't make it real.
So, as per the thought experiment as the link in the OP introduces, what people report to exist in the room is not there?
>People who trip on drugs can see the same thing but we don't take those as credible.
Actually, many people do. Many people who do DMT for instance take it very seriously.
>Therefore, any kind of experience that has no evidence to back it up coupled with being something borderline paranormal, can easily be ignored.
Again, so what people report to exist in the room is not there because you find it extraordinary?

Attached: 1533564674329.jpg (1365x2048, 212.95K)

It doesn't matter whether the room exists or what is inside the room exists, there is no real evidence to back up said claim. If a group of people take the same drug and see 50 martians running around that doesn't mean the Martians exist in reality. You misconstrued my arguments.

Also this thinking means that humans expierence reality the same which can't be said in any definite means.

You did not understand the argument to begin with, though. Ask yourself this, what if everyone in the whole world had an NDE and concluded that it was real, for what reason would you think it was rational to not believe them, and think that your skepticism would not encounter the same fate as everyone else' if you were to have an NDE yourself?

Attached: 1488209956765.jpg (1024x1018, 85.73K)

Yes but science still works. And what is reported in the room is still there. So that we have slightly different experiences of reality does not mean that we can not know about it through the experience of others.

Attached: cherrywind_by_kawiku-d6l4c5m.png (815x700, 610.58K)

>Before their NDEs, the percentage of people who believed in life after death ranged from 22 to 38 percent, depending on the study. After their NDEs, 76 to 100 percent of these same people believe in life after death
For starters, this is weak. If there was a non-selective afterlife that everyone goes to, and all these people in the studies had NDE, a mere ~50% increase in the number of believers is pretty shit. I'm going to assume the 100% figure is a lot more skewed than the 76% one.
Then the article goes on to make fallacies, there are two quotes from NDEers that are pure bullshit much like how druggies describe their experiences. That's where I ran out of interest, this is clearly a stupid article written by and for stupid people.

There might well be an afterlife, but being able to go there and come back and retain your memories of your time there is genuine nonsense unless you accept that this world we live in is a simulation and our bodies here are fake, while our real bodies are outside the simulation and that's the place we visit after death or during an NDE. The author of this article clearly doesn't understand anything about how the human brain works and she's just fine believing a magical explanation, that you can die, enter a relatively "supernatural" plane, and bring back your experiences into your natural brain. Again this is only reasonably possible if we assume that this world is a computer simulation. But personally I think these people are just peddling bullshit. I'm sure there's a big chance I'd become a proponent of this kind of dumb afterlife if I had a fancy NDE hallucination myself, evidently it's very convincing, but that doesn't make it not dumb.

If my skepticism encoutered the same fate as everyone else' if I were to have an NDE myself, then I would start believing it. It wouldn't make it anymore real however. Just because I believed it, or all the skepticals in the world believed or literally every single person in the world believed it, it still would not mean it exists. People aren't as rational as they think they are. Ask yourself this, what if everyone in the whole world was invited to those Ugandan Live Miracle shows where they do some dumb tricks and say they've just shown miracles, and everyone starts believing them, would you start believing them too? Maybe you would desu, but I don't think that's the rational decision. Back then, people all believed that the Aether existed, and it did not make it more real.
If I one day start believing on life after death after a NDE, it's okay. We're all only superficially rational.

>Actually, many people do. Many people who do DMT for instance take it very seriously.

Unironically makes it all even less credible.

>Again, so what people report to exist in the room is not there because you find it extraordinary?

Yes. I generally don't believe people, specially those who report extraordinary findings, since they're usually wrong and retarded.

>I'm going to assume the 100% figure is a lot more skewed than the 76% one.
A clearly ideologically motivated assumption, that is also false.
>Then the article goes on to make fallacies
What are those fallacies?
>there are two quotes from NDEers that are pure bullshit much like how druggies describe their experiences. That's where I ran out of interest, this is clearly a stupid article written by and for stupid people.
So what exaxtly would you think a description of an afterlife would sound like if not vastly more vivid, beautiful, logical, rational, and self-evidently real?
>There might well be an afterlife, but being able to go there and come back and retain your memories of your time there is genuine nonsense unless you accept that this world we live in is a simulation and our bodies here are fake, while our real bodies are outside the simulation and that's the place we visit after death or during an NDE.
That is exactly what is claimed, actually.
>But personally I think these people are just peddling bullshit. I'm sure there's a big chance I'd become a proponent of this kind of dumb afterlife if I had a fancy NDE hallucination myself, evidently it's very convincing, but that doesn't make it not dumb.
So your argument boils down to "NDEs and/or the afterlife is bullshit and dumb because that's what I think and how I feel."
K, but needless to say those are not counter-arguments but more on the level of "Nuh-uh", and I doubt you will convince many others with those reasons.

Attached: 1615120187322.jpg (225x225, 7.39K)

>A clearly ideologically motivated assumption, that is also false.
Yeah because the person selling an ideology as well as a book definitely cannot have ulterior motives. In any case, I can see that you are dumb and will not waste any time or effort trying to convince you, but for a parting gift, I'd like you to think about how an average human being is capable of devising, in a short time no less, that the environment they are in is "more logical", "more rational" and "more real" than the real world. If you cannot figure out where the problem with this is, then just give up on trying to figure out reality and join a religion.