I have an IQ of 112 despite being black, what do I do with this information?

I always considered myself hopelessly retarded due to ADHD and depression, but now that I started getting my life on track via exercise and getting 1-2 hobbies (ontop of taking an IQ test at my friends uni) I'm realizing I'm actually smarter than I thought. What should I do now? I was going to join the military and try to shoot for officer school like my dad but now I'm considering going to uni.

I'm still indecisive, what do I do?

Attached: 20220331_130857.jpg (451x344, 30.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thetab.com/us/2017/04/10/which-major-has-highest-iq-64811
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frankly, unless you're going to put in an obscene amount of effort, you're too stupid for a math, law, or medical degree. Engineering and chemistry also out of reach unless you're willing to work significantly harder than average. Go for psychology, biology, maybe business. All will require roughly average effort for you, and each has options which well.

*pay well. Oops

iq test means nothing and 112 isnt even that much above average, coming from 133iq guy. I feel absolutely retarded although im supposed to be "gifted".

>you're too stupid for a math, law, or medical degree.
Well, how do you know that?

Practically every expert disagrees with you. IQ testing is a valid testing of cognitive abilities. If you take somebody with an IQ of 80 and 120, and a gun is put to your head, and you're asked to pick the smarter person or be shot to death, you're going to pick the person with the 120 IQ every time. Everybody knows IQ is real deep down, they just don't want to admit it because they're not intelligent.

You feel retarded because you are, you believing your online test is proof of that.

I didnt do mine online, my school made me do it and paid for it. I went to those abacus centers that do valid iq tests. Ofc i wouldnt fucking even waste time on doing any online iq test lol

Because there is no evidence that people with IQs of 112 can become mathematicians. Math majors are regularly tested to have an average IQ of 130, and the lowest professional mathematicians have IQs of 115 according to all available data.

Well, you're smart enough for most any job according to this study. Uni's a fine plan - do you actually have any preferences in terms of job?
If not, then for what it's worth I think careerexplorer is the best site out there in terms of a personality test that spits out suggested jobs and degrees.

Attached: IQ-jobs.gif (916x1333, 61.11K)

Ahh, my school didn't tell us our IQs, only that they were above >=126 (the score needed to get into the GATE program)

30 year old study which groups together 70% of science majors and math

Lmao. Meanwhile in modern reality: thetab.com/us/2017/04/10/which-major-has-highest-iq-64811

112 is nowhere near high enough to become a mathematician

my school didnt do it for everyone, only for the top 25% of my class. Im grateful for my IQ but I believe i just got cocky after knowing my score and stopped studying and just relied on "being gifted".

>chart only provides data about averages, not ranges
>pulling a range out of your ass and assuming 112 wouldn't cut it
Maybe you're right, idk. ty for the link

Mine tested anybody who was believed to possibly qualify for GATE, probably less than 25%, but only 5% got in regardless of testing.

Sort of similar happened to me, but I had a really rough childhood. I dropped out and NEETed for four years, but I got a scholarship for university now, and I begin going for chemistry in August. So I would say if you don't have a diploma, get your GED at an adult education class, and if you scores are high enough, there's a good chance a university will offer you a presidential scholarship. At mine they offered to up to two students for scores above 680 total, which is insanely low by gifted standards.

You can look up "IQ minimum mathematicians 115", several studies on the US workforce has confirmed this. Somebody with an IQ below 115 is not capable, and if you ever tried to go beyond basic math high school math like calculus you'd see why.

Nah man, i major in cs and this summer is my final semester. My parents fully paid for my tuition and I have 65% off scholarship anyway. Im looking to pursue masters in NYC. Dont even like any major but went with cs just its the most fun

I also took an IQ test, got average scores across the board on the Wechsler except for the VCI where I got a 121 aka superior. Maybe that's why I was always so keen on writing stories, but I still find it odd that I'm basically mediocre in everything else. I'm Hispanic by the way, we can still make it.

>So I would say if you don't have a diploma, get your GED at an adult education class, and if you scores are high enough, there's a good chance a university will offer you a presidential scholarship.
what if i have 115-120 iq?

My dream is to become a musician. Follow your dreams user, I hope you become a successful writer if you enjoy writing stories and is serious about it. I believe everyone can make it.

I literally can't tie my shoes or drive or do anything normal because it feels like an impossible indecipherable task for me but I regularly score 145 IQ when I can summon up enough mental energy to not forget to breathe while I'm taking the test. It feels like a disability so I think IQ tests are a meme or being high IQ makes you ironically retarded, either way I'm retarded so whatever

Thanks user. I hope you become a successful musician as well. What instrument do you want to get good at?

Just learn pre-algebra on Khan Academy so your math isn't dragged down and your average will probably be high enough to qualify for a scholarship. I think 680 GED is around the 85th percentile for high school graduating seniors, which is probably around 90th percentile overall. So about 120 exactly. Although IQ and academic ability don't correlate perfectly obviously, so I'd study up a little. As long as you get over 680 you won't have much competition among dropouts.

Unfortunately no universities offer IQ scholarships to my knowledge

Man i feel that I can't write or read despite having an IQ of 317

>you're too stupid for a math, law, or medical degree.
No he's good enough for a diversity hire
Don't listen to him OP just apply for a law or med school, they'll push you through and you'll have a more successful career while having less net productivity than your white or Asian peers

>Frankly, unless you're going to put in an obscene amount of effort, you're too stupid for a math, law, or medical degree.
No he isn't.
My IQ isn't very high (92 ASVAB, no official IQ test), have a math masters, and work as a statistician for the DOT.

92 ASVAB is substantially higher than 112, it is equivalent to about 121 if I remember correctly.