P-puberty ends on your 18th birthday!

>p-puberty ends on your 18th birthday!
Why do websites report this when the actual data shows it ends between 14-16?

Attached: wojak-wojak-crying.gif (498x427, 19.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4262571
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And your brain isn't fully developed until you're 24. Car rental agencies and actuarial industries are the only ones that get it right.

That isn't true either. It is most likely functionally fully adult around the end of puberty, but the brain matures anyways until death.

>matures
No, there's just a tradeoff between crystallized intelligence and fluid intelligence. Stop being under 24.

Have you ever read any papers on the subject or are you just going off of what you read from some pop science article?

The myth around the brain finishing development in the 20s was based around the end of the frontal lobe's myelination, but studies have been shown that it continues well into someone's 50s. Gray matter myelination begins at 12 and is a lifelong process. It is not something most understand.

source:
you are under 24, suck my thick ugly bastard cock with your supple young mouth

t. Fell for midwit popsci articles instead of actually studying this shit

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4262571

Enjoy not renting cars you absolute newfag to life

Wrong. The synapse pruning stops around 25.

>t. Assmad proto-zoomer that just turned 25 and thinks he knows it all
I have my own car. 25 year olds have some of the highest car crash rates btw :)

Wrong. It is about pruning, not just myelinization. Same reason why illnesses like schizophrenia often appear around this time (mid 20s).
t. neuroscientist

>I have my own car.
Good job on your geo metro, fag. I have two cars and I still rent cars sometimes because I can.

Doesn't puberty and general growth typically stop at 21?

The myth of the brain concluding development at the arbitrary threshold of 25 has always been connected to gray matter myelination, but this fact is contradicted by most research on the matter. White matter also increases approximately up to age 45. Either way, development of the brain ending at 25 is wrong.

From papers I'm reading on synaptic density online, it's more that it is consistent from approximately age 16 onward or that it continues onward into the 30s. I have not found any data specifically on age 25. The Wikipedia article (i know) has a source that simply says it can continue into the late 20s.

Where did 25 come from?

Here is the graph I was able to find on synaptic pruning. I was not able to find information about the age of 25 specifically.

Attached: pnas.1105108108fig02.jpg (825x1280, 141.19K)

i didnt experience puberty well into 16 and didnt stop growing until i was 21
i did have a debilitating disease to be fair

Not necessarily. I think people confuse general slight growth with puberty. Muscles grow until our 30s. Puberty concerns sexual maturity and actual growth spurts. People are usually mature in this regard by 15/16.

blablabla test tubes and beakers and proton neutron smth smth who gives a shit. people focusing on mechanism instead of results. i'll come up with details and proofs if anyone actually cares, but ballpark figures: you reach peak raw iq at 16 or 17, your iq is stable til about 50, then it starts to drop.

I know there are dipshits out there who are anti-iq, or who say copes like "how much you earn doesn't matter", so I'll look at something people care about - driving. In driving simulations taken by non-drivers, 16 and 17 year olds perform about the same as older adults. Younger teens however take bigger risks and perform poorly. Also the age group in the USA that drinks and drives the most (per distance driven) isn't the youngest drivers, but about aged 29-32. Also IQ matters a lot for driving. Check out car accidents by IQ - above a certain IQ, rate of accidents is stable. But when you go lower, the dumber you are the more likely you are to get into an accident, by some crazy amount.

IQ is a good metric. Pretty much all data on the subject says 16 would count as adult, although it is worth noting that RPM and Wechler imply 14 is the likely minimum, as 14-15.5 year olds have such small differences that any real difference could be unreliable. I think on discount tests, 12-13 performed comparatively poorly, 14-15 performed a decent amount better but still not quite in the range of older adults, whereas 16 onward showed stability. I have a chart on this.

Attached: Screenshot_20220618-084525_Gallery.jpg (2280x1080, 185.51K)

you read Bronsky's book an Empirical Introduction to Youth? I read some chapters

Is that book blowing up on here lately? I've seen a lot of mentions.