I can't let go of the past

I keep dreaming of the world as it used to be, back in the early 2010s, when my life was still enjoyable, when I still had friends and a social life, when I was respected, when I had optimism for the future.

Back then, too, it felt like the world was just so much more sane. Things had a logical order and a foundation to them. People were much more chill. Everything was much less politicised and polarised. Pop culture and media was still enjoyable. Insane ideas from the fringes hadn't caught on yet. People were just so much more NORMAL.

Ever since the late 2010s, it feels like everything has become irredeemably fucked up, and then the 2020s and covid just destroyed everything for good.

I feel like there's no hope anymore. The whole world is just fucked. I just want to wake up 10 years ago, in my bed in Summer of 2012, like nothing ever happened. And just relive the world, as it used to be, when things were sane.

Does anyone else feel this way? I just can't fucking get over it. I'm completely and utterly obsessed with returning to the world as it was in 2012, but apparently people think I'm "nasty" or "bigoted" for thinking like this.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/541167-my-first-cycle-planning-executing-successful-first-cycle.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People were saying this about the 90's in 2011. Lol. Welcome to old.

>Be peasant in the middle ages
>See your entire community die from the black plague
>Apocalyptic event that breaks you forever
>Be user from the early 2000s
>Complain about Tumblr

Attached: Why not.jpg (494x480, 39.94K)

But I'm just 25 years old. I shouldn't be feeling this way when I'm not even 30 years old. I'm just 25 and I already feel like a grandpa who's completely out of touch with the world. I can't relate to an 18 year old today AT ALL. Their culture and their value system is completely alien to me.

10 years ago, this wasn't the case. A 25 year old in 2012 wouldn't have felt so badly out of touch with that world as I do with the world of 2022. Yes I remember people back then reminiscing about "the good old days" but it was always literal 50 or 60 year olds. The idea of someone my age, just 25, feeling SO out of touch with the state of things that he is in utter despair about how to cope with it, would have been unthinkable in any other era in modern times.

Because the entire world I grew up with is destroyed. The world I came of age in 10 years ago LITERALLY DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE. It's been burned to ashes and rebuilt from from the ground up. How am I supposed to cope with that? At just the age of 25, I've already reached the point in my life at which I look around me and say I have NO relation to the beliefs and the value system of the world around me.

Im 31 and I still only play games that were made before 2009.
I also think about my high school days and even before that. Middle school and how neighboorhood looked like, what my friends said at the time. The food, what my dad did for work when he was working from home and I was in the other room playing the same game im still playing now.

Its a wierd kind of feel

its becaues youre depressed. its not normal to be constantly looking back and yearning for it.

if you fixed your depression adn actually got a life then you'd stop dwelling on the past and start living in the present

Yeah its hard. But at least you understand now. Stop fuckign dwelling lad and start tackling the pillars of life you are neglecting
>diet
>exercise
>social circles

Go to some support groups if thats what it takes, you need some regular social access to start off with if you have none. being lonely wrecks your brain

This is very common and its because you lack critical thinking. I think its also your depression.

You see, you believe that the world has gone to shit when you need to realise its YOU that went to shit. Theres millions and millions of people living their best life right now. Going to concerts, have a tight knit group of friends, working towards goals, feel valued and loved. Life is like how you percieved it in 2012 for a lot of people right now. You do realise this right? The world didnt suddenly turn to shit, you turned to shit.

This should give you hope. You have autonomy to start seeking help for your depression. If it was how you thought it was (the owrld went to shit) you wouldnt be able to do anything about it

The world didn't go to shit, you just had the veil pulled back and realized it was shit. This poisons any and all fantasies about going back because you'd still see the past without the veil of innocence.

>Yeah its hard. But at least you understand now. Stop fuckign dwelling lad and start tackling the pillars of life you are neglecting
>This is very common and its because you lack critical thinking. I think its also your depression.
There's two different and separate problems. I can fix the first one but not the second.

1. My life, socially and materially, has gone to shit in the past 5 years. I lost all my friends, I squandered my university education by getting shit grades, I ended up a NEET with no hope in life.

But then there's the problem I cannot fix

2. The world, objectively speaking, is WORSE than it was 10 years ago. People are less chill, and many people even act downright unhinged. Even "normalfags" aren't even really normal anymore, they all claim to have a million mental illnesses and act like lunatics. Mass adoption of social media has destroyed society and we now live, in the western world, under Government-By-Twitter, where the most insane, fringe, outrageous ideas that everyone would have laughed at back in 2012 are suddenly mainstream ideology supported by governments, institutions and corporations in 2022.

I just hate it so much. Even if I fixed my personal life, I would still hate hate HATE the world as it is now and the whole fucked up culture.

I'm just not built for this kind of world. I was built for the world of the 2000s and the early 2010s. The culture back then suited me, I thrived in it and built an amazing life for myself by the end of it. But then, everything changed, and the world left me behind, and now I just think "why the FUCK would I want to go out there and engage with those retards who ruined absolutely everything that I once loved?"

Yeah me too brother

The world is less chill because youre a fucking depressed shutin. You need to realise that your mindset and your brain is your universe and because your life has imploded you are extrapolating these feelings to suggest the entire world has gone like that. Thats not true, thats your depression talking. You spend all day digesting this disgusting slop online about debt, social justice and all this stuff. I live in the UK in a metropolitan city and I cant remember EVER seeing a transexual person. I have NEVER met anyone asking me about mine or their pronouns. Life is not as bad as you think it is

You are surrounding yourself with imbeciles online and then youre believing thats the world now. You need to get a grip desu. Start sorting out your brain and the world will naturally get rosier to your perception. Come on I believe in you

Whaty can you start doing right now to better yourself? Forget about everyone else, you need to work on you

>I live in the UK in a metropolitan city and I cant remember EVER seeing a transexual person. I have NEVER met anyone asking me about mine or their pronouns.
I live in the UK too. I personally know several people who trooned out or became "non-binary" genderblobs for no reason at all, despite NEVER having expressed any sort of gender dysphoria for years until it suddenly became trendy post-2016.

And the pronouns shit is more widespread than you think. Even normalfags are doing it now. Fucking straight women called Becky who no one would ever even think to question the gender of are now listing "she/her" in their Instagram and Tinder profiles, and many workplaces are now requiring their staff to wear "pronoun badges" or list pronouns in their email signature. It's completely and totally fucking insane and literally just 10 years ago EVERYBODY would have mocked this kind of shit, but now it has somehow become mainstream, and if you ever even dare to criticise it your entire life will be ruined in an instant.

>Whaty can you start doing right now to better yourself?
Nothing. I refuse to engage with an insane world. If the world doesn't want to go back to normal, then I'll stay here in my cave and not bother anyone. I'm not engaging with people who deliberately tried to fucking destroy the entire world that I grew up in.

I conclude that youre just a depressed mess right now to be honest. Its very very common with depressed people. As in its the basic standard. The first thing depressed shutins do is become very jaded, very cynical, and they love to bang on about how its everyone else and not them.

I hope you do get better user but you need to cut the crap with 'its the worlds fault' and realise you are a shutin with no friends or future. And you wonde rhwy youve become a miserable dickhead

Its part of your condition though I concede. Depressed people are unable to envisage life without depresison. Its part of the illness. If you could envisage what life feels like if you were 'healthy' then you would be going absolutely fucking crazy grinding out a better lif ebecause you want to feel like that all the time. You need to get help for your depression. Thats the bottom line.

This is the easiest way to move forward, start using steroids.

read this:
forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/541167-my-first-cycle-planning-executing-successful-first-cycle.html

it's a start but do some more research if serious

>feel like a fucking stud, literally feel like you can kill anyone with your bare hand (completely delusional but that's how you'll feel)
>wake up with rock hard erection every day
>20x confidence
>best anti-depressant in the world
>...more??

don't be a retard and just stick to testosterone ethanthate and whatever meds you need for sides (prob just arimidex)

I'm a retard btw and not a doctor so....

Attached: testenthan8.png (450x450, 30.3K)

How do you deal with testicular atrophy? I heard HCG helps with that.

I just want the world to go back to normal, man. I'm sick of living in this twisted, nightmare timeline where everything is gay and fucked up, and nothing makes sense.

Attached: 1654558205155.jpg (1440x1715, 122.73K)

>the world has gone to hell
>You're just saaaad bro.

Why are you even here if you won't listen to the people you are talking to?

Things are still okay, but you desperately need to get off the internet for a while, it is distorting your view of the world.

Its called a discussion. If it was one sided and I agreed with everyone he said whats the point. I dont agree with what he said and I have fronted my opinion

You do realise that in order to form a productive discussion you have to discuss viewpoints from each party? OP can reject what I said i he wants. I still believe what I said. Jesus christ is this what online discourse has come to? I have no wrods

I was 25 in 2012, and I can agree to a point. By then I had already started to feel tired and out of touch, but the last 10 years have been kicking it into high gear.
This shit will just get worse as the acceleration of technology and its cultural backlashes will speed up even more. Soon you will be out of touch in just 5 years,then every few years and so on.
"omg that's so yesterday" will have a whole new, literal meaning.

there has always been a slow creep of politicization in different social slices (academia, media, etc) but for the most part, politics was just a small slice of the social pie and daily life. One could tune out politics and still go on living one's life. The world of men kept spinning but politics weren't at its center. I think the sheer amount of wealth that was made post 2010 from social media influencers/businesses/brands/crypto/stocks made me aware that the world suddenly, in unison, were marching to the whims of social media direction. I just deactivated my IG, its been two weeks, and I'm like wtf did I do before mobile social media???? I literally pick up my phone, swipe open, open Any Forums, and then close my phone. there's no where to go, and nothing to do because everyones on their phones on social media. Everyones become mobile zombies and their brains no longer work. I sit still and don't know what to do

Ok, I was reading through your thread thinking "yeah OK, OPs got some fair points, culture is going to shit, people think the earth is flat and that vaccines contains microchi...oh. OP is just having a sperg-out over pronouns..."
Yeah I can't relate to you anymore. Like, who the fuck cares about what others identity as? None of this has any real impact on your life unless you have some super fucked up sense of your own masculinity.
Jeez, get a grip dude

Been actually thinking about this since I'm 35, but I have heard it can increase suicidal tendencies and I'm not too eager to push that button. Any thoughts on this?

You seem very immature and trapped in a victim mentality, which is hard to get out of because part of the victim mentality is to deny you can be anything but a victim. I recommend, as others have said, that you get off the internet, focus on yourself, and try get to a better place mentally. It makes zero sense to feel affected by what others are doing if it doesn't directly affect you at all. You may not be responsible for how things got to where they did in your life, but you are responsible for what you do with that.

tl;dr grow the fuck up lol

>Yeah I can't relate to you anymore. Like, who the fuck cares about what others identity as? None of this has any real impact on your life unless you have some super fucked up sense of your own masculinity.
Because they're forcing ME to redefine my entire existence to fit THEIR desires. They don't just say "Ok, I'm going to identify as *insert gender*, and go and do my own thing". Instead, they say "I'm going to identify as this gender, and if you don't agree with it then I'll ruin your life, and you ALSO need to go around stating your pronouns because you can't just assume gender anymore, and you ALSO need to raise your kids as gender-neutral, AND we're going to abolish the words 'man' and 'woman' in medical and legal texts because the very existence of these is now PROBLEMATIC".

It's utterly fucking insane. And where did these people come from anyway? Just 10 years ago transgenderism was completely unheard of. Now, they're fucking EVERYWHERE. What happened? What changed? It's like one year there was absolutely none of them, and the next year they started spawning out of the ground in the thousands like plants. What fucking happened?

Bro youre literally shacked up in your bedroom wasting away and all you have to cry about is 1% of the population being mentally ill about pronouns. Its not everywhere. You are just online 247 browsing cesspits and then you erroneously believe its everywhere

>and all you have to cry about is 1% of the population being mentally ill about pronouns
It's not just 1% anymore, they're growing in number with every passing year like a virus. And their population absolutely EXPLODED over covid lockdowns as all these kids shacked up in their room and wasted their time on Discords where they got convinced they were "secretly trans" and believed it.

If you follow the polls that get commissioned on this stuff, an utterly disproportionate number of Gen Z identify as trans. If it continues at this rate, then when the boomers die off it's gonna be more like 5-10% of the population in most western countries that is trans. How the fuck did this happen in such a short span of time?

>You are just online 247 browsing cesspits and then you erroneously believe its everywhere
In my country there is literally a transgender MP in the Houses of Parliament. And he's a member of the "Conservative Party". And he received universal support and praise from other politicians and journalists when he "came out". This isn't just weirdos online anymore, it's the fucking ruling class. It's the people in power.