30+ Thread

27andupfags welcome too edition

It seems hard to make friends who are genuine. I'd like to have someone in my life who is like me, interested in friendship for friendship's sake. Most people seem interested only in transactional relationships. Everyone appears so fake, superficial, or concerned with trivialities. I miss being a kid when friends bonded over who they really were rather than work connections or gold digging. Maybe I'm glorifying the past, but at least I wasn't lonely. I wish I could just fire up some kind of friendship app and make real friends who wanted to connect on some level and maintain the friendship rather than letting it fizzle out. Does nobody else value friends and relationships above material things? Is this just what getting older is supposed to be like?

Attached: 30.png (860x654, 204.36K)

I feel like a dog in a shelter.
One that's too old for younger people to want to take home and love, but too weak for someone older to depend upon. One that just gets to watch other dogs find homes where they can be happy as I just stay alone for the rest of my life.
I wish I didn't waste so much of my life

Despite being 31, I'm still mentally a child.

>Despite being 31, I'm still mentally a child.
How do you know?
>One that's too old for younger people to want to take home and love, but too weak for someone older to depend upon
Holy shit, user

Attached: pain.png (500x625, 492.98K)

dating in your 30s is a complete shitshow. I recently turned 30 and dating women your age is not the move boys. Any woman 30 and up who isn't married/taken is a fucking trainwreck. They've taken miles of dick but no one will commit to them because they're insane.

I've had sex with 4 women this year and literally all of them are depressed miserable cunts. want to date some chick in her early 20s but never going to happen. I can literally only date or fuck fat chicks who are psychotic. fuck everything i will be alone forever.

>I've had sex with 4 women this year
>fuck everything i will be alone forever.
Have you considered that your lifestyle might be part of the problem?

I'm in the same goddamn boat. I bend over backwards to find cool shit to do with ppl who 'are totally down to go it!' except when it comes time, they're 'sick ' or 'busy'. It's insane. I don't even think I can buy friends anymore if I wanted to. I could deadass go up to someone and be like, here's an all expenses paid trip to Fiji with me and they'd be AlL aBoUt iT until the time came.

Bonus points if you hate the antichrist, social media and are into philosophy and spirituality. Basically doomed to be alone. Everyone's fake asf, they only pay lip service to anything that is if you can even find someone local to you that half way agrees on anything. It's fucked. Wasn't like this before.

>Have you considered that your lifestyle might be part of the problem?

yes. I have many problems not worth detailing here.

>I bend over backwards to find cool shit to do with ppl who 'are totally down to go it!' except when it comes time, they're 'sick ' or 'busy'.
What sort of things do you do?

It's funny how adults talk about how superficial teenagers supposedly are when people in their 30s and 40s are the most superficial at all. If anything, teenagers are so real that they need to dial it back a little bit for the sake of civility.

anytime i read threads about 30 year olds, it's so demoralizing.

t. early 20s

>t. early 20s
I didn't know how happy I truly was in my 20s until my 30s began. It's literally all downhill from there.

I replaced friendships with meditation at 27 and I'm 33 now and have never been happier. No dramas no bitching, no issues. I far prefer my own company. Everyone says friendships are required... they are full of shit.

Does anyone else here feel really unmotivated to make more money? I have a wagie job that most 18 year olds could get (a really easy/painless one at that) and have supported myself since my early 20s and I already spend way less than I make. I've thought about learning to code or something but I'm not even sure what the point would be if I already don't know what to spend my money on now. Like what's even the point if OP's experience is the norm and you're not planning to get married?

>I replaced friendships with meditation at 27 and I'm 33 now and have never been happier. No dramas no bitching, no issues. I far prefer my own company. Everyone says friendships are required... they are full of shit.
Yeah, well, I'm lonely and nothing else is fulfilling to be honest. See There just isn't much more to life. I don't know what men without wives are supposed to do later in life.

I'm wondering how similar our situations are, user. I'm very responsible with finances, holding down a job, conflict resolution, keeping a calm mind, and just generally avoiding fucked situations. But not much different from how I was at 23 in almost every other respect. I'm starting to feel like everyone is either becoming a turbonormie or going off a cliff and I'm just standing here alone in the middle just waiting for something exciting to happen.

Attached: waiting place.jpg (1200x900, 358.08K)

>I'm wondering how similar our situations are, user. I'm very responsible with finances, holding down a job, conflict resolution, keeping a calm mind, and just generally avoiding fucked situations. But not much different from how I was at 23 in almost every other respect. I'm starting to feel like everyone is either becoming a turbonormie or going off a cliff and I'm just standing here alone in the middle just waiting for something exciting to happen.
What you're saying is quite relatable but I'd imagine this applies to many people

>Most people seem interested only in transactional relationships
Why would they waste their time with anything else? If you want anything, ANY quality of life above dogshit poor you need to bust ass 12 hours a day and network, network, network. Who the fuck has time for "friends"? Anyone 30+ has to think about car payments, mortgage, health care, saving for their children's college. When the mother fucking fuck are they supposed to hang out with friends? The fact that you want to is a massive financial red flag and you'll be a 75 year old Costco greeter standing on your worn down ankles in constant agony while sharing a two bedroom apartment with 3 other people.

>sure what the point would be if I already don't know what to spend my money on now
When you're 37+ your body is going to start to wear down. Physical jobs will be more and more painful by the year. Stooping over to pick things up will soon be a thing you can't do without hurting yourself.

Also one thing to spend money on would be saving for an earlier retirement. Unless you like what you do, it's better to be out of that rat race before you get old and slow.

You're describing poor people and then contrasting them with more poor people. shit makes no sense lol
>bro you can't have friends if you're a low tier wage slave like me, sorry I'm better than you

I didn't think I was contrasting anything, just explaining to OP why no adult is looking for a childhood-tier friendship in their 30s.

>I didn't think I was contrasting anything
What you thought and what you said were apparently two different things if that's the case, or you don't know your own mind very well