Can someone explain to a minor sperg who always did well in school and work what exactly

can someone explain to a minor sperg who always did well in school and work what exactly
>networking
actually is?

Attached: 1567356172-275130-cfl.jpg (1215x1080, 186.82K)

Sperg that was in handicap class and barely graduated highschool then went to construction then an office

Its called a handshake and a smile, retard

Meeting people and making connections. You get to see all the opportunities and trends in the industry

>Meeting people and making connections. You get to see all the opportunities and trends in the industry
like who, classmates in college?

>Its called a handshake and a smile, retard
leave this thread, troll

>networking
sucking everyone's cock and playing into their egos just so you can use them as stepping stones later. manipulating everyone around you into liking you and exploiting that. meeting and keeping connections with the higher number of people possible in case you can benefit from that. it's norman psychosis, patrick bateman tier relationships when there's no friendship, no respect and no love.

So far this thread has shown me jet again,
why asking neurotypicals questions is nearly useless.
I'll try to answer your question OP. Networking is getting to know the right people in the right positions. Go to things where you are likely to meet people from a certain background. The following are your secondary objectives:
1. Demonstrate your ability and knowledge; your competence.
2. Somewhat "bond" with people. It does not have to be a real connection or anything. If people find you sympathetic that's a plus.
You reach your primary goal by focusing on the secondary goals. Also obviously you don't expect to meed a CEO or the guy in charge of hiering. It will probably be a guy who knows a guy. This whole thig also has the effect that YOU become the guy who knows a guy, maybe many guys. And many guys know you and your skills (and connections if you succeed)
I'm a sperg, don't know how correct my guess is.

Attached: beef stroganoff.jpg (1652x2048, 530.09K)

The people that got bad grades but could be friends with almost everyone are going to be your bosses, that's what networking means

Life's a bitch

The incompetent usually stay in middle management but occasionally they rise above. The competent often have technical positions and work for the middle or rise to the top.

>Go to things where you are likely to meet people from a certain background
i've never gone to a place just to meet people. how do these things even exist? everyone seems to already have friends

>literally everyone does it
but i don't

Networking is a less offensive term for nepotism. Basically, you form connections with people who will further your ability to generate capital.

Attached: 1607643116969.jpg (828x759, 56.42K)

i never understood why people expect me to be mad about diversity quotas and what not saying positons should be gained purely on merit and than the same people turn around and tell me i shouldn't be upset at networking even though it has the same problem.

nepotism by a less ugly name to legitimize it, like how whores stopped calling themselves prostitutes and insist they be called "sex workers" now, just shitbags unable to be honest about what they are or what they're doing because they know it's wrong

your network is your net worth

>your network is your net worth
got any tips on how to generate a network?

no sorry i don't have any friends

>neurotypicals
With all of your autism, you'd think you'd know a lot about networking and connections, considering you can imagine them in computer terms.

Networking is making contacts in similar areas of interests or business. You're a surfer who introduced yourself to peer who can show you more sweet surf spots--networking. You're trying to get a business off the ground and mention you're looking for investors--networking.

Attached: Untitled4.png (1277x718, 1.17M)

>average Any Forums autists gives shitty answer
>OMFG FUCK NEUROTYPICALS
?????????????
????????????????????????????????

remembering names and faces, pretending to have something to offer to everybody, pretending to be kinda sorta "friends" with virtual strangers and lots of other fun activities like that.

>With all of your autism, you'd think you'd know a lot about networking and connections, considering you can imagine them in computer terms.
lolwut?
how does that make any sense
people are saying "networking" is meeting a bunch of people who can give you jobs
autists are well known for not being good at social interaction. networking would be a foreign concept to them

>making contacts in similar areas of interests or business
how do people even manage to achieve this?

Networking is a broad field of computer science regarding the communication between different machines.