Why is beer so hard not to drink. It makes you feel good, boosts your confidence...

Why is beer so hard not to drink. It makes you feel good, boosts your confidence, makes listening to music and watching movies more fun. But everyone tells me, "you have an alcohol problem." I'm surprised everyone doesn't have an alcohol problem. Why is it just certain people enjoy it like I do?

Attached: 1200px-Budweiser_beer.jpg (1200x1607, 462.82K)

sup user its 11:30am and I'm 9 beer deep.

I've been trying go sober and it sucks, this is day 10

addictive personality. you know it's bad. you probably don't realize how bad it can actually be, or you think you'll never be that bad, doesn't really matter. the point is that you can't just have it sometimes. you have to have it as much as possible, because it's not enough sometimes.

fat fucks are the same way with food addiction. some people just have a couple slices of pizza or maybe a whole one once a month, but a fat fuck will want pizza every day and won't go "nah better hold off"

you're just a sad sack of shit who has a low iq really. the fact you're even asking this shit is amazing to me.

I would do anything for a beer. No car and no store near me. I hate how it requires talking to normies

I don't get it either. They all go "oooh alcohol is bad" but then they refuse to have fun at any social gathering without getting sloshed. Bunch of hypocrites.

I'll tell you for a fact I do have a low IQ, maybe that's why I enjoy drinking so much. if I was more intelligent maybe I could find something more productive to occupy my time with.

>boosts your confidence
lol

you have a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction
some people drink alcohol and all they feel is nausea and drowsiness
you however get a huge dopamine response

i hate beer. tastes like fucking shit and you have to drink a ridiculous amount to get anywhere. all my friends shit on me when i just buy liquor instead like it somehow makes me more of an alcoholic than them. they'll spend $45 on beer to get drunk for 1 night when i buy a $50 bottle of liquor that i can get 2 weekends of use out of.
but i'm not even a huge fan of alcohol in general. i prefer most other drugs. if i was going for a depressant i'd just take etizolam or an opiate.

I feel pretty drunk off 2-3 tall beers

I can go days at a time without it and regularly do; it's just that its one of the few things - maybe the only thing - that brings me joy in life any more. My life is such that if I'm not drinking I don't even get out of bed, and not because I am withdrawing but rather I just don't see the point.

Just bought some beer now and it feels great, people don't understand.

I feel the exact same way. Couple beers and weed is the only thing that helps. And money and friends of course but lol come on

Like said, you're genetically predisposed. I also get the yummy dopamine hit from increasing BAC. Love beer. Having one now hehe

Just had a six pack, few more to go

I have a hard time resisting. Thr massive supermarket 20 yards from my apartment is open for another hour but Im so conflicted. I can't keep drinking everyday. It just boosts my mood temporarily and I just feel so lonely and depressed.

Literally me user, and friends joke about "having an alcohol problem" too, not really seriously but still. I could probably happily drink everyday, not to get smashed, but just as a casual drink but I choose not to. That being said I feel no craving for alcohol so that's why I wouldn't say I'm addicted or anything.

Alcohol makes me feel better in just about every way, but mostly I feel less inhibited by my autistic traits. My wife doesn't let me drink on weekdays anymore for health reasons, unless we're going out, so I'll usually drink 4 nights a week, and all I can think about on those other nights is how much I want a beer or wine or whatever. I think it's becoming a problem but I'm somewhat in control of it for now.

I have enjoyed it like you do, but I also remember vividly how even one beer negatively affects my health and fitness very notably afterwards. During April 2020 until last month I drank more than I ever had before, but completely stopped now. I was never an alcoholic since it was always easy to stop drinking, often went weeks at a time sober, but also so easy to start. Alcohol is just fucking anywhere, go anyplace to eat shop, get a snack, get gas, takeout, lottery tickets, tools and you can grab a beer on your way out, so ubiquitous. I totally understand how people can become alcoholics since it's easy to come by and temporarily feels good, but when you're a fit guy who eats healthy, you can sense it's not good for you, and stop excusing the habit cus cause it's considered normal to drink casually.

Though to be fair, as someone with few friends and no women in my life sobriety is an impediment to socializing. Well worth it though, I prioritize my own well being over anything.

>I'm a fun, giddy drunk
>All my friends are depressed/aggressive drunks
Drinking by myself is unironically better