I'm only in my mid-20s, and yet the world that I grew up in no longer exists anymore. Things are so different...

I'm only in my mid-20s, and yet the world that I grew up in no longer exists anymore. Things are so different, culturally speaking, from what they were 10 years ago. This shit isn't normal, man.

Attached: 1654808886634.jpg (474x433, 42.97K)

bro are you fucking retarded
it is in fact normal for things to change over time, especially a period of time like 10 years. you are a fucking child who doesn't understand anything about life if you're posting trash like this. kys yourself imo no homo
t. 35 y/o

>grew up
>still using Any Forums
You never grew up sorry

Ur right user, its isnt normal cuz it isnt factually , the flow of change on culture is increasing every year, its just the internet being more and more used with more and more fast style content being normalized , and it is unstoppable

you were so disconnected you ddint even realize it

when I was a child the soviet union was real and we celebrated the fall of the berlin wall because we knew it meant billions wouldn't die in a nuclear holocaust
but yeah some faggots in california are trying to make TV shows so your generation has it really hard

>it is in fact normal for things to change over time, especially a period of time like 10 years
Compare 2002 to 2012. What really changed, in terms of cultural ideals, over that period of a decade, other than things that are connected to material changes eg. technology improving? (Even including technology, we still had internet and mobile phones and rudimentary forms of 'social media' in 2002, those simply became more widespread over that decade)

Now compare 2012 to 2022. It doesn't even feel like the same world anymore. SO MUCH shit has changed, SO MUCH shit has happened. And it's funny because in other ways, our society has stagnated over this past decade, for instance I don't feel like smartphones in '22 are much more advanced than in '12, and we're still using the same sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Any Forums, Reddit like we were 10 years ago. And yet, despite all those things staying the same, everything else has changed. The foundations of society have been destroyed, our entire value system has been replaced, people just don't behave like normal people anymore. EVERYTHING is different.

>look , im old , you young , i win , you lose , cuz im old

Attached: 1655297306766.jpg (1080x807, 141.91K)

this happens literally every decade you stupid fuck
in the 30's everyone in the USA hated jews and wanted to be nazis. in the 40's we loved jews and hated nazis. in the 50's nobody gave a fuck because we owned the planet. in the 60's we murdered millions of people for no reason. in the 70's we smoked weed and joined cults. in the 80's we did coke and grew our hair long. in the 90's everyone was nice and nobody did anything bad. in the 00's we murdered millions of people again in two different places for nothing. now we're pretending that we're the nation of peace and love while sending billions to eastern europe to murder russian conscripts...

you are just fucking dumb if you think these sea changes don't happen and someday when you grow up fully you will understand what I am saying. until then you can whine and bitch and moan and act like a fucking retarded child and the only replies you'll ever get are ones like this

Attached: 1647986415338.jpg (683x683, 32.08K)

>go touch grass and have sex fr fr ong stupid old loser fr fr dis seat bussin no cap

>yes but unironically touch grass bih

So what is it going to be in the 2030s? Are things going to get better? Worse? What's the next big change?

I suppose the reason I'm depressed about it is because it feels that this time, the changes are permanent. People are rewriting the rules of human existence entirely. Things that were NEVER questioned in any prior decade are now being questioned. It feels like living through a cultural revolution where everything is being destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up.

like when the internet was allowed? or when atheism was allowed?

Doesn't even compare to the shit that's happened in the past decade. We operated an entirely normal, logical society on solid foundations even with the internet, up until the mid-2010s when everything got fucked up. And atheism isn't some new thing either, the ancient Greeks coined the word, and religion was on the wane since WW1 at the very least.

>we
You must be out of your fucking mind, cuh.

People were hysterical as shit in the early 2000s, it was depressing as fuck for nearly all of western society for a good 5-6 years. You were probably a kid or something.

And yet still, despite how shit things were back then, there was still a logical underpinning to all of society. Basic truths that everyone believed in. Basic trust and faith in institutions, even with all the bullshit that was going on. Even when things were terrible, people believed that it could get better.

And in any case, my ideal period was the early 2010s, roughly 2010-2015, where the worst of the War on Terror was already behind us, Osama Bin Laden was killed, the Great Recession was waning and the economy was in recovery, and there was an air of brightness and optimism around most of the western world.

Compare all this to the current era, 2017-2022 and beyond, where things just seem to be getting worse and worse every single year. Post-modernist ideology has led people to deconstruct EVERYTHING that was previously understood about society and humanity. Everyone seems to act insane, even normalfags aren't really normal anymore, everyone has some form of mental illness. Nobody has faith in the future, everyone thinks we're fucked for one reason or another (whether it be because of capitalism, climate change, immigration, pandemics, economic turmoil, culture wars, etc). Nobody has any hope. Everything is awful. Nothing will get better.

Saw you on Any Forums earlier user. You have a point.

Everything I say about this is correct. Either you realise it now or you deny it and come to the exact same realisation yourself, later on.

I'm absolutely certain about this. In a few years time it will be entirely normal and commonplace for people to look back and say that a cultural revolution took place post-2016, and that our entire society changed seemingly irreversibly after that year.

All I can do is hope that when more people realise that, they begin to question it, and say "Well, hang on, why don't we go back to the way we did things before? Wasn't it better?"

>Nobody has any hope
I do. This is just soul harvesting season. The powers that be do this every 100 years or so to cause chaos to bring in a new order to make everyone happy again and give the elite even more control.

Sow and reap and sow again. We are crops.

The good news is that things will get better again. You just have to make it through this dark time. If you cant figure out what the bad news is, don't worry about it, you're too low iq for it to matter to you.

Give me specific reasons why you have hope. How do you see the next decade playing out? What will be the cultural trends and changes over the next few years?

Basically I've been shown that God is real, is part of everything that exists, living and non, he cares for us and wants us to be happy.

I'm not a future predictor. I dont need to be. Ive been given the gift of faith and everything will be okay.