I am a semi-regular lucid dreamer. Ask me anything

I am a semi-regular lucid dreamer. Ask me anything.

Attached: 1647570878892.jpg (913x1242, 281.98K)

youre a discord touhou poster no one gives a shit
dilate

How do you do it, how do I do it? How realistic are lucid titties? Can you dream yourself into an anime setting?

Are you my friend who went missing around Christmas?

What do you dream about? How are you able to remain lucid without jolting awake?

I don't even really know what touhou is, isn't that like just a shared universe some games use?

1. Get good at remembering dreams
2. Be aware of shit which happens in your dreams (may be helpful to keep a dream journal)
3. Practice prospective memory and questioning whether or not you're awake (the answer may surprise you)
3.5. Just learn a reality check you like, I guess
4. Eventually it'll happen

I think I have ghosted literally every friend I've ever had, so this is actually pretty possible.

>What do you dream about?
Lots of things. The other day I dreamt I was sleeping with a chinese girl, and then we got up and she wanted to pour burning alcohol on me. Any specific kind of dreams you're looking for?
>How are you able to remain lucid without jolting awake?
After a few times you just kinda get used to the feeling and don't wake up. There are other techniques people use to anchor themselves into the dream, but I'm pretty sure it's all symbolic and dependent on you. I do the spinning thing sometimes where I just spin in place with my arms outstretched. 4/5 times when I awake it is a false awakening. I honestly can't remember the last time I just woke up from lucidity, or the last time I just felt like I lost control bad enough to wake up.

Attached: 1652561382298.jpg (1600x1213, 1.47M)

>Any specific kind of dreams you're looking for?
Not really. Every time I have a sexual dream it ends before I can do anything, so I don't think it'd be a good place to start. I just want to stay in my dreams longer than the 5 minutes I'm between sleep and wakefulness.

>Practice prospective memory and questioning whether or not you're awake
This is really sp00py. Sometimes I have memories it takes a second to remember were dreams and not IRL. I wonder how much of my life is a dream.

Daydream while on psychedelics.

To truly meditate is to daydream.

Attached: 4F77A59C-3763-446B-AA96-B054BE889D6C.jpg (750x606, 121.17K)

>1. Get good at remembering dreams
>2. Be aware of shit which happens in your dreams (may be helpful to keep a dream journal)
>3. Practice prospective memory and questioning whether or not you're awake (the answer may surprise you)
>3.5. Just learn a reality check you like, I guess
>4. Eventually it'll happen
two more important steps for non natural lucid dreamers really is
>practice a method every single night
>have a rigorous and perfect sleep schedule
i've maintained a dream journal and remembered multiple dreams a night and never had a lucid without intent. if you just maintain a dream journal and don't do any methods you will end up wasting years of your life trying to lucid

Most of it is getting used to the feelings, really. Managing the excitement, knowing how to control your body, etc. It's something you mostly have to find out for yourself, though. This is all incredibly personal, and you have to know yourself to know what works.

Makes sense. Outside of that, you most likely also have had several of the following experiences:
1. Being in a dream, and wondering if you were dreaming, and just deciding that no, of course not, everything looks too real for it to be a dream
2. Seeing or experiencing something odd while in a dream, and being like "this is odd", and not giving it much thought beyond that.

Yes, but not with psychedelics.

>>have a rigorous and perfect sleep schedule
It always surprises me how much the sleep schedule thing actually does for you, as someone who has periods of just fucked sleep.

>and never had a lucid without intent
I don't know what you mean by this, but I often get a few casual lucid dreams while not thinking about it beforehand, and I know a lot of other people do to. Truth is, when you get good at recognizing the dream state, it can really be very easy to trigger. These days, if I am in a train, I'll probably be lucid and catch it.

Attached: 1634033722037.jpg (615x1000, 106.23K)

>It always surprises me how much the sleep schedule thing actually does for you, as someone who has periods of just fucked sleep.
my sleep is naturally fucked. it takes me hours to go to sleep.
>I don't know what you mean by this,
i mean that unless i do a perfect meditation into WBTB without failure into MILD/WILD attempt for days if not weeks, i will never have a lucid dream
>I often get a few casual lucid dreams while not thinking about it beforehand, and I know a lot of other people do to.
some people do, some people don't. some people just aren't very good at it to start. for reference it took me about 5 years to get my first lucid dream

I very rarely have in-depth dreams and only once in a blue moon lucid dream. But when I do they're just downright bizarre. I had one the other night which was one of the longest and weirdest dreams I've ever had, it started as a regular dream and eventually became lucid, then I woke up out of the lucid dream, (in the usual fashion, it turned, or should I say I turned it sexual and I got excited and I woke myself up, and spunked on my bed) except I "woke up" into a non-lucid dream that went on for a bit until I actually woke up. It was fucking weird. When I woke up into the non-lucid dream, in the dream I was hooked to a machine that monitored and recorded my dreams and some scientist guy was analysing it, I remember running to get paper towels to clean myself up because I had spunked myself in the dream just like I did IRL, and he said "yeah sometimes that happens".

Attached: Jaws.gif (360x200, 805.44K)

Patchy looks so cute and comfy in this picture, like she would laugh at your jokes and tell you a fun story

My guess is that it'll just get better over time, but maybe you're right.

>except I "woke up" into a non-lucid dream
False awakenings are incredibly common for me, and seem to be a way your brain tries to take lucidity away from you. I can easily have 5-10 false awakenings in one dream if I'm not really trying, to the point where just waking up is a big dream sign for me, because maybe 1/4 the times I wake up, I'm dreaming.

Attached: 1630192715189.jpg (3277x4096, 823.03K)

Threesome with these twins

>My guess is that it'll just get better over time, but maybe you're right.
well i have never gotten good enough at lucid dreaming to have a real opinion but here's my thoughts on the matter
if you go to lucid dreaming communities you will see in equal parts 3 types of people
>people who can do it naturally or just by being focused
it just kinda happens for them. one of my friends started smoking weed daily and he started having lucid dreams out of nowhere
>people who have to meditate, WBTB, WILD, ADA nonstop
these people follow their routine perfectly and make it but it goes away without practice instantly
i've read up on people who spent a year getting so good they could have a lucid every day and then once their life got too hectic and they didn't have the luxury of sleeping for 12 hours a day they went back to not being able to lucid at all
i can confirm that lucid dreaming is much harder if you aren't a shut in. i was able to have 3 dreams, false awakenings, all that and a perfect dream journal record (even if my entries were shit) when i didn't have to leave the house, but now that i hold a job i don't even have a dream journal entry some weeks. most of the time i only remember dreams well enough to write them down during the weekends, actually
>people who have been trying for 10+ years and still not being able to have a lucid that lasts more than a few seconds
many people like that. they lacked the dedication or knowledge or drive to make it and they ended up just wasting a lot of time. they probably just tell themselves they're going to attempt and then they never do the commitment required.
personally i'm just going to kill myself if i can't get a real lucid dream that doesn't end after i do a single party trick. for non naturals, lucid dreaming is a commitment. it's not "just going to bed and going about your day" it's a 12 hour long commitment, if you aren't paying attention as you sleep you'll just waste the night

I really like the arstyle of the OP pic. It's detailed but also very soft

I had a threesome once with two taiwanese girls. They were so nice to me, it was super pleasurable.

Oh, I remember you! Yeah, there definitely is a difference between the people who lucid dream all the time, and those who can never do it, but I don't think it's anything biological or anything, I just think it's probably something to do with differences in subconscious environment. Not that that helps much prescriptively, of course.

>a perfect dream journal record
I don't think journaling is really the best way to practice dream recall, I just think it's the way that helps you the most if you're a complete beginner to your own mind. I don't like it for various reasons:
1. It focuses too much on language and narration
2. It takes A LOT of time, especially when you get to a point where you're remembering 5+ dreams / day (especially if you have really long fucking dreams like I do)
3. It's not private, and can suck if you don't live alone, but that is what it is, I guess.
A much better alternative is to MINDFULLY (this is the hard part) relive the dream just after you wake up.

>personally i'm just going to kill myself
Jesus, Relax.
>lucid dream that doesn't end after i do a single party trick
You waking up so soon really just seems like a byproduct of you having so few lucids you don't really know how to handle them. Try the spinning thing, maybe?

I think I asked the last time, but don't remember your answer, what's your goal with lucid dreaming?

The stuff you mentioned is why I think daydreaming is a lot more pleasant than lucid dreaming in general. People really sleep heavily on daydreaming. They just assume daydreaming is just some guy at work not doing his job and just drifting in his thoughts, without ever considering that it can be something that you absolutely can do mindfully and that you can practice. It's harder than lucid dreaming, but seems really rewarding.

Attached: 1632604939176.jpg (857x1200, 146K)

Same, btw.

Attached: 1646611809717.png (960x1000, 788.32K)

>I had a threesome once with two taiwanese girls. They were so nice to me, it was super pleasurable.
Story?

I don't think there's much of a story. I think I asked her if she wanted to have sex with me, I was in taiwan in a really busy street, and then she said yes and just led me into a tiny apartment, and she had a friend there and they both were just willing to go at it.

They were like maybe 6/10 looks, but they were really nice and I loved it, so I give them each 10s.

Attached: 1648063799028.jpg (750x644, 97.13K)

Just a random hookup or prostitute?

Why would I fuck a prostitute in my dreams? Unless I had a fetish, I guess.

Attached: 1643137909034.jpg (1600x900, 89.66K)

Wait that happened in a dream? I thought you were talking about real life kek.

Have you successfully had sex with a women? I tried many times. Once I got a women but I lifted her skirt and it was just darkness down there. Is it even possible to dream about sex if you never experienced it?