I just got accepted into an Top graduate school and got a promotion at work

I dont really have any friends or close family members to share this with except you guys. I never really thought id accomplish anything in life but just got a big raise pushing me well over 6 figures now and got into a top 10 CS masters program that my company will pay for. still a khv that cant talk to girls tho kek

Attached: bizfrog3.jpg (241x209, 5.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/167oEDaITHkG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Congratulations user. Are you going to hookermaxx with your new riches?

voca.ro/167oEDaITHkG

I'm happy for you user. That's a real achievement.
You doing anything to celebrate?

What are you most pleased about? The extra pay, the recognition that you're good at your job or the change in role/responsibility?
I'm sitting pretty comfy at $100k+ and I just don't know that earning more would make too much of a difference to my life. Don't need a lot of money to surf, pirate movies or play rpgs with the boys, you know?

I dont know. Prob not doing anything to celebrate. Only person i told irl rn is my sister and she was pretty happy for me. I thanked her for proofreading my essay for grad school. Maybe I will go buy gifts for her and my professor who wrote letter of rec.

I think i am mostly pleased about the change in role. My current job is mostly busy work with a very bad manager who seems to dislike me because I dont really play office politics well. Most of my team likes me because im a high performer but yeah im not very good in social settings or boasting about my work. I just do the work and help others when i can. My current manager is kind of a big dick. I asked for a raise because i was an outperformer and inflation was high and he told me no and "life is unfair" when i mentioned im below market rate for the company rn. (HR told me i am below market rate and to talk to my manager to increase my pay). The new manager said he sees a lot of potential in me and paid me way more than market rate. I think Im close to upper end of the band for my level. I guess its not really about the money but feeling valued and validated.

I mean we're all robots here. lot of us are talented i think but arent really given credit for the stuff we do. I kind of went though my whole life like that. My guidance counselor said dont bother applying to Ivys so i didnt. in hindsight i prob wouldve got in. I just got in one now...

Great job man.
Keep up with the good work.
Go Visit Thailand or something and bang lots of upper class clean sluts.

Attached: 1654721600628.png (740x640, 229.14K)

I was thinking of going to thailand but im not really into hookup culture kek.
I wish i had some irl friends to go with though.

Well done buddyboyo

Congrats man. I got into an M7 business school and it literally changed my life. Lost virginity got a gf

based future algorithm implementer, proud of our little autist

Enjoy being a big rat in a big cage, wagie. You know what they say, the rat may win the race but he's still a rat

Attached: 20210219030252_13d92db28f6ea219f41b8a9336dabfd1a29fd9241c3b172ad5d8de76c61dd578.jpg (760x507, 50.83K)

i like what im doing though in the new role. I also have a decent amount now to quit. I was planning on applying externally for a month and then if nothing quit.

I'm jealous dude. I really want to be you in a couple of years.
I just finished my first year of a CS bachelor's degree in a no name university.
Hopefully I'll also find a way to get in a big school for my graduate studies. I'm doing great in my courses so far. However I also have a social problem, we both have to work on that I guess.

Where do you work, OP? I'm currently at Google and it's nicer than anywhere I've worked before.

holy fuck that is based lad.

You basically made it at this point m8. Save up money and get a VR waifu with a sexdoll paired with it for max sigma energy but please for the love of god do not let any thirsty thot convince you to watch and donate to their shitty Onlyfans or Stream.

On top of that, might as well invest in a gym and maybe a speech therapist/coach to help you express yourself more eloquently and it might give you higher chances of talkin with anyone, including women.

also invest in cologne and clothing. That will be the biggest thing to attract someone.

You got this user and again, congratulations, you made it this far so you can be a ok at least in money and you can work more on improving yourself efficiently. Very based

Attached: 1653390133996.gif (150x200, 1.07M)

I'm really just starting to learn how to code, and I know I have what seems like a huge mountain to climb but you kind of motivated me today to give it my all. I've been trying to learn python this past couple of weeks and just knowing that you made it happen is an inspiration.

Best of luck in your endeavors user. You made it

an HFT.
google rejected me lmao. ill try again later lol. I have a friend there and he loves it.

You know the drill anons, what did you study in college and how good was your college?

I'm sorry to hear that. Better luck next time.

I'm the second user you replied to.

Studied teaching and now I work for the department of education.
Best uni in my country.

lol op here. went to state uni. its top 50 i guess but not really hard to get in. the rank was lower when i got in. studied applied science/engineering

>I guess its not really about the money but feeling valued and validated.
Yeah, I get that. Having some external validation of your worth can be nice.

Gifts are nice idea. You could take your sister out for a meal as a celebration/thank you for proofreading.

You can have a lot of fun in that part of the world without going full sex tourist. Just getting a relaxing massage every evening is nice, having someone work away at your muscles with the express purpose of making you feel good. Not even talking about the happy ending sort of places.
Maybe go scuba diving if you're interested in that sort of thing. There's usually a good atmosphere between fellow students on a diving course and I've always ended up downing a few beers in the evening with whoever I was on the boat with that day.
Same with hiking/mountaineering/rafting in Nepal. If you're on a guided expedition then you're obviously in a group from the beginning but even if you're just teahouse trekking solo you tend to stop at the same places with the same people every evening.