> IT guy comes by tells me to wiggle the fucking ink cartridge
> We pay this guy 50k a year? Wtf?
> Fix it eventually by reinstalling drivers
> guy tells me "oh hey that nice, you could probably do what I do"
> literally anyone can do what he does
> Idea pops into my head
> Start attending seminars
> Guy from seminar tells me software pays better I should learn that instead
> Learn some basic data structures and catch up on integral maths and graph theory I missed out on when I was in uni
> Apply for job as a software engineer
> I get hired on the spot
> I've been here for 6 months they're paying me 80k a year to make APIs for our payment gateway app
> Apparently I'm getting promoted to senior in 2 months with the same fintech company
>They still don't know I'm working here ironically to show just how overpaid IT people are

Wtf anyone can do this. If you speak some semblance of English you can do this. I went from nothing to making 80k a year in a span of 8 months. This doesn't make sense. I don't even work that much. Half the time I'm on the clock I spend doing shitty projects like making an webserver with if else loops to automatically reply to my boss whenever he emails me.
Every project I go, "oh okay this is the moment they're finally gonna realize I'm just some retard who learned to code on youtube". Then I just finish it like it's nothing, took like 30 minutes of googling piece of fucking cake.

Attached: Untitled.png (256x256, 138.7K)

This is true but 80k is shit pay for a dev unless you're in europe or some shithole like that. You need to look for a better job

I live in southeast asia user the average salary is a fraction of this.

oh nice, good for you then. congrats on discovering the cheat code for making money without doing any work

I don't fucking get it, why do poor people exist. They should just learn to code.

It's because most people legitimately are too stupid to use a computer, as shocking as it is.

fucking impossible to get a junior dev job in the usa

unironically this. i'm dumb as shit and got a job at jewgle

be my sissy azn STEM gf(male). we shall retire early with our childless tech incomes and spend our days cuddling on a beach and traveling and having weird sex. you worked HR so i already know you have a woman's brain.

>working in HR
>complaining about someone with an easy job
oh i'm laffin

Attached: 6846.jpg (1280x720, 119.09K)

ITT brainlets larping

damn is that 80k usd
how the fuck did you get that in SEA

FAANG significantly lowered their standards for hiring over the last few years
just grind a few lc meds and you can make it

It's not shocking at all. Stupid people with computers and phones are responsible for fucking the internet.

lmao SWE is not that fucking hard, they tell everyone it's hard so nobody tries to steal the overpaid ass jobs

not even just the last couple years, before jewgle i was at M$FT for a while and that was like over a decade ago. the big tech companies are pretty easy to get into if you study the coding interview shit

people are already trying with the amount of self taught, career switchers, bootcampers trying to get a webdev job

that's what i'm saying. this shit is dumb as hell. it's an awful job if you care about anything but it's super easy and pays well

>how the fuck did you get that in SEA
probably because they speak english, which is a large part of why US tech jobs are so overpaid: cost of living aside, competent english and an intimate understanding of US culture/product&service expectations

Work for fintech, it's a fucking gold rush right now. Local banks in my country are going nuts with digital banking and all that crap. Don't fall for the overseas online work hiring meme. You're guaranteed never to get a raise. Also learn Java/Kotlin. JS/node and it's frameworks are a given but make sure you know java and C# if you can show you can also manage their legacy shit they pay more. Don't learn PHP tho that's dogshit. Also I worked HR so I know this but always operate on the assumption that the company can pay you more.

The vast majority of people seem to have this weird mental block when it comes to technology and they just think they can't understand it. Most people where I work have no idea how to troubleshoot, like they'll save a document in the wrong place and they think it just disappeared into the aether and have no idea how to get it back. In one of my uni courses the professor had to start our course on Microsoft Office with two weeks tutorial on how to use Windows Explorer to navigate folders and people still struggled.

lmao fucking THIS

>tfw work in IT
>tfw paid around 110k a year
>shit is cash
As much as I hate boomers and zoomers. Their ignorance when it comes to technology has ensured that I'll remain employed for quite some time.

>HR
fuck off you fucking cunt you get paid to do even less. Wow you sent a few emails? fantastic. I fucking hate HR so much. My HR people get paid three fucking times what I make and I work my ass off every day, skipping breaks to barely finish my daily work while the HR faggots sit and come up with stupid events to host that I don't even have time to go to because I'm too busy doing real work.

Fuck HR.

Incredibly based posts.

Attached: 833130.jpg (538x472, 83.2K)

Think about it this way, I worked HR and it still boggles my mind how easy this shit is. Took like 2 months to learn and I didn't even go to some jew run bootcamp

>the big tech companies are pretty easy to get into if you study the coding interview shit
for amazon they gave me an offer after a single fucking leetcode easy and jewgle i studied for weeks but my interview questions were all kinda easy
i interviewed before 2020 and after 2020. they were much harder pre-covid but they're lowering their standards. even new grads on reddit are lmaoing at being asked two sum at amazon now

tech is unironic baby mode
i'm a massive and total failure at everything i do in my life and i still make 150k salary (not counting all the other shit) just because i live in the US with a CS degree

I refuse to believe all you faggots are making this kind of money so easily
God I should have learned 2 code

Attached: 1360603886319.png (680x932, 422.59K)

do it then you pussy, learn to code

I'm pretty sure I'm too old to start

>tfw sucked at coding
>still got a 100k+ job in tech doing zero coding
Only thing I've ever done that's close is some scripting and macro creation in VBA

only if you're american and have a degree

you're never too old to start but this shit breaks you
at first you're happy you're 25 and making 140k. and then you learn that you should have been making that at 21 instead. and then you realize that anyone who isn't a millionaire by 30 in this field is a failure at life

unless the economy crashes, then we're all fucked

you're not. i work with people who went to some shitty bootcamp when they were like 40 and are now jewglers making 250k+

You have to have connections, otherwise you will make Pajeet money. OP is full of shit.

The only people I know making big bucks in IT have family in IT and gov't jobs.