Whats the best weapon for self defense besides obviously a gun? Im thinking a machete

Whats the best weapon for self defense besides obviously a gun? Im thinking a machete

>cheap
>doesnt require much skill
>gives you a good amount of distance
>not too large or difficult to carry

I like to go walking in the woods and i see a lot of shitbulls now. Also would like something to keep next to my bed

Attached: 4CA3C83C-2A85-4572-AEED-7A891390806B.jpg (612x612, 10.93K)

Can't go wrong with a good hefty club of some kind. Blades can catch on things, but a club just crushes. Could also double as a walking stick.

Good ol' blunt force trauma.

Cut your wrists homo

Its worse than we thought

Attached: F7A1944D-3678-428C-A2CC-98EEF3BEF074.jpg (990x990, 113.17K)

A spear
Its mathematically the best option
Every other weapon can serve a niche, but the spear is the best at being a weapon that will defend you 95% of the cases

Attached: 2hspeart5.png (512x256, 12.39K)

if you live in a totalitarian state that denies you your natural human right to defend yourself with a firearm, what you want is... your car keys. Really. Make a fist around them with the key sticking out between your fingers, you have an ersatz punch-dagger. More importantly, you have one using only something that every single person has in their pockets and that even shithole countries can't manage to take away from you. Just make sure you keep it concealed in your pocket till you need to use it, and if you do need it, that you land the first punch. hit hard.

spiked knucks

Attached: 85E58DE3-6CF6-48BE-B37C-2B27B7711D8F.jpg (256x197, 9.67K)

roman gladius
>short blade effective for urban combat
>light, easy to carry
>well balanced
>more blade weight near the tip allows for axe-like heavier swings
>slash, stab, hack all viable for any fighting style or opponent
>heavy pommel allows for non-lethal bonks

Attached: glad.jpg (400x225, 3.54K)

I would rather use a machete then a gun against an animal unless its a fucking bear or some shit. Except maybe a shotgun which is just not practical at all

well yeah but if his local racketeers (aka, "government") won't let him have a gun, it's doubtful if they'll let him carry a knife. so the choice is kinda moot

the second best weapon for self defense other than a gun is the flashlight (with 300+ lumens)
>small, compact, cheap, can fit in a pocket
>no one would ever suspect it would be used for self-defense
>can easily and effortlessly blind assailants
>makes your punches hit harder due to greater density
>can use the flashlight itself to attack
t. works in security

>A spear
i came here to say this
maybe a bow / crossbow if you've trained well with it, but a spear is better at close range

use a powerful green laser actually

my grandpa used to chase my grandma and mom around their neighborhood with a machete when he was drunk

This is basically the use case of the humble hickory cane.

Attached: hickory-cane.png (600x600, 106.09K)

It depends senpai, where do you live, what threats are you possibly facing, what are laws like, your skills and physical capability.

Blunt weapons are nice because they can either be non-lethal or lethal depending where you strike and you can use accordingly to the need. That's assuming you are at least moderately strong adult man

I'd rather just punch with my fist. Those keys won't stay straight and are probably just as likely to hurt your hand as your opponent's face. Which really matters if you injure your hand and don't knock your opponent out, since now you're REALLY defenseless.

for short range look into ww1 trench weapons
for longer range look into medieval stuff

Garbage in like, a tight hallway. Also how do you carry this?
This is the objectively correct answer. Nice trips too.

As for me, I suggest an English baselard.

Attached: BaseDlard.jpg (2048x1536, 1.09M)

Two guns, one for each of ya.

Attached: one_for_each_a_ya.jpg (1280x720, 37.06K)

>cheap
>doesn't require much distance
>gives you a good amount of distance
>not too large or difficult to carry
I doubt even a british cop would bother taking it back to the station since you can just buy it from a hardware store.

Attached: club.jpg (1099x948, 50.57K)