/mbti/

Gamedev Edition

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an introspective self-report questionnaire indicating differing psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. The test attempts to assign four categories: introversion or extraversion, sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling, judging or perceiving.

Take the test here:
sakinorva.net/functions

An introductory article:
myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

Additional tests and resources:
pastebin.com/p1aw7cYS

Thread Questions:
>your type
>do you create ideas for videogames in your head
>if you had to make a game, and had a moderately skilled team to support you in areas you have no talent in, describe your first project
>explain why this game would be good compared to others currently available

Last Thread:

Attached: sony!!!.jpg (500x375, 40.67K)

>always feel disconnected from others like I'm playing a role and "fooling" them
>yet want to be close to them and want to be special to the people I interact with regularly
>worry whenever I don't act accordingly to the ideal me I project for others because I'm afraid I'll lose some kind of privileged, special relationship I have with them
>basically infiltrate myself into people's hearts and try to be their best friend while never truly opening myself up
>feel bad about it
>can't help it
Any doubts I had about being INFJ were dispelled when I realized I did this shit. I feel like a skinwalker

Attached: 1635368358047.jpg (720x541, 20.38K)

>your type
ISTP

No

Come up with better questions.

i do that too and i'm INxP, don't worry about it desu

Based and metoopilled, cursed faggot type

Last Thread Data, Reincarnation Edition:

>do you choose to become a human again? if not, what do you choose instead?
human: INFPx3, INTPx1, INTJx2, ENTPx1, ESFJx1
cat: INFPx1, INTJx1, ISTPx1
refuses reincarnation: INFPx1, INTPx1, INTJx1, ENTJx1
misc: INTP (harpy eagle), ISTP (fantasy race), INFJ (true rng), INFJ (demiurge)

>if human, describe your new self in whatever factors matter to you
same, but correct past mistakes or become a stronger person: INFPx1, INTPx1, ESFJx1
born rich: INTPx1, INTJx1
change nothing: INFPx2, INTJx2, INFJx2
tranny: ENTPx1

>now that you are born, what are your goals? how do you go about achieving them?
hedonism: INFPx1, INTPx1, ISTPx1, ESFJx1,
a simple existence: INTPx2, INTJx1, INFJx1,
major achievement: INFPx2, INTJx1, INFJx1, ENTPx1,
there is one utterly based INTJ repopulating his specific cat species

>finally, what is stopping you from pursuing that fictional new life in your current one?
personal flaws: INFPx2, INTPx1, INTJx1, ESFJx1
circumstances: INFPx1, INTPx1
literally impossible: INTPx1, INTJx1, ISTPx2
nothing/i am: INTJx1, INFJx2
tranny: ENTPx1

Attached: 1638510535164.jpg (720x453, 38.53K)

>your type
INFJ
No. Video games are a dead, lifeless medium.

I got bad news for you. You just described basically every unhealthy introvert.

>your type
>do you enjoy sounding?

>unhealthy
How do I become healthy then?

>No. Video games are a dead, lifeless medium.
then bring life to it, games have potential to be art or proper forms of expressing ideas.

>your type
ISTP
Yes
>if you had to make a game, and had a moderately skilled team to support you in areas you have no talent in, describe your first project
I suppose I just thought of another better idea so I'm fine saying this one. I was thinking of a hub-world style Men in Black game where you go through various missions in a few different city levels, ranging from things like straight up battling aliens, to trying to find an alien in disguise, etc.. The hub world would be the MiB headquarters and each mission would start with you going into an interview room and asking some citizen "what did you see?" then it fades into the level. Levels end when you come back to the present and memory flash them. There would be a dozen or so guns with multiple modifications and upgrades each, as well as some tools. The game would ideally be in source 2, just because I like the engine. Graphics and scenery would be similar to Deus Ex, but the models would be more detailed (not AAA, but enough that it runs very well on older computers).
>explain why this game would be good compared to others currently available
I think we lack hub world style mission games, a lot of games now are either linear or open world. I think this could offer something like that. Additionally it would be moddable and have a level designer (if it was source 2 it would already exist) to make it a long lasting game. I'm thinking it could have a multiplayer as either PvP or coop but my current vision is that it would be singleplayer. The game would be lower on the graphics side so it could really focus on mechanics, to deliver a very satisfying shooter experience. Additionally I would like to add lots of easter eggs and things for players to explore both at the headquarters and in the levels.

I had another idea for a pirate game but I'm keeping that one to myself

Attached: 1609573483899.png (1247x795, 1.54M)

Strangely enough I get the impression that I'm effortlessly liked by people and that they go out of their way to give me special treatment, even though I'm withdrawn and a bit aloof with people I don't know well
I guess I must give off a pleasant vibe because people I've met like twice or thrice end up liking me a lot for some reason without me putting in any effort
But that only increases the pressure because I want to maintain that special status

i've had that happen too, people think i'm charming and stuff. I think being a bit distant makes one seem mysterious, especially bc people can tell there's a lot going on under the surface and they find that intriguing. Plus, I'm generally pretty honest about things and I think people can find that refreshing

You're INxP I'm guessing? You're right, introversion is easily mistaken for mystery. Unlike you I'm not honest in the slightest though, I always adjust everything I say to please whoever I'm talking to

That's a bit more difficult to narrow down, I don't know you. Beyond generic advice like "go outside", there's not much I can really tell you.
It's can assume fairly safely that you know how you're holding yourself back, you know the habits you do that keep you in the cycle of unhealthy behavior. And you also know when you're making an incorrect choice, or doing something immoral.
You said in your post:
>Feel bad about it
Meaning you know what you did was wrong.
>Can't help it
But you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you're the only one who can help it. Like somehow, through some magical force outside of yourself, you aren't in control of your behaviors. But you know full well that you are.
It's a form of cognitive dissonance in order to distance yourself from your mistakes, instead of owning up to them, you push them away and say stuff like "it can't be helped".

In short, stop allowing yourself to get away with things you know are wrong.

You're effectively telling me to do CPR on a skeleton. That ship has sailed, videogames are not an artistic medium anymore. They're just a vehicle to pander to the unwashed masses whilst simultaneously extracting as much cash from them as possible.

ye inxp. I can't imagine not being honest like that, I hate being fake. That said, I will act like that if there's a guy I like and want to be close to him. I joined my school's ultimate frisbee team in highschool despite being shit at it and not really liking it, just so i could spend more time with my friend who i really liked. I wanted him to value me more than his girlfriends and stuff, i would do anything to get him to like me more.

spoiler alert it didn't work out. I'm just good at knowing what people would like to hear because I'm afraid of being criticized or rejected for violating it, but I also feel compelled to not lie. it's a weird spot to be in

>You're effectively telling me to do CPR on a skeleton. That ship has sailed, videogames are not an artistic medium anymore. They're just a vehicle to pander to the unwashed masses whilst simultaneously extracting as much cash from them as possible.
make an indie game. move to the eastern block and work on the next pathologic game. You have all the tools available to you, the only thing stopping you from making something good is your mindset

>go outside
I haven't been outside this much since... My entire life honestly. I'm meeting people, I'm working, doing sports, being productive and so on, basically easing myself into the normalfag life. Yet I still feel extremely disconnected deep down. The choices I'm currently making (taking care of my body and mind, working towards goals, making an effort to go out and interact with people) are objectively good so I don't know where my Bateman-tier way of relating to people comes from.
>I wanted him to value me more than his girlfriends and stuff
Fuck I can relate to that way of thinking
It's such a shitty way to go about forming relationships though because you just end up using people as mirrors to look at your own self if that makes sense

Damn, metoopilled again. but it never really feels that rewarding. All of my relationships to some degree involve being either a. Infantilized, treated like an innocent child and being held above any kind of criticism/wrongdoing or b. envied, faggots seething at my existence because I have everything they want without trying (and on several occasions they end up confessing this to me like I'm some kind of therapist and i just have to kinda grin awkwardly and say better luck next time cus yeah they're angry but obviously just trying to sort some shit out thru talking to me but it's weird man idk. Now I'm just ramblin about shit, whatever idc suck on my post

>Infantilized, treated like an innocent child
I understand this
Weird question maybe but do you act somewhat un-masculine? I feel like I behave a bit unmanly (not like a faggot though, it's a different thing, hard to explain) and it makes people more eager to see me as agreeable, easy to get along with, likable and so on. Probably because I'm not threatening at all.
>faggots seething at my existence
Thankfully never happened to me so far, sounds like an awkward position to be in

ISFJ male here. I guess I should start by saying that I am in love with my ENFJ best friend. I have considered whether it could be that I have a need for companionship etc, but this isn't the case. I am quite a giving person, and do a lot for my friends, but with this girl I would do anything for her. I feel my heart beat faster when I see her and I seem to be blind to her flaws. I know she isn't perfect, and I haven't put her up on a pedestal or built a false image of her, but I feel that she is perfect for me. The girl in question is aware of how I feel, and that I have never felt this strongly before about anyone, but thinks of me only as a friend.

The problem is that I can't distance myself from her, and I'm not sure I'd want to have to lose our close relationship in order to stop feeling this way. It is probably important to mention that we take almost all of the same courses at college, live in the same building and do most of our work together, so I would estimate that I spend at least 6 hours a day with her. On many occasions we have even just talked for more than 6 hours straight on the phone! (Which I can't do even with my twin brother, despite having an extremely close relationship with him). At the moment I'm trying to stop feeling this way without sacrificing any of our friendship, but I'm failing miserably. Our friendship is still intact but I don't feel remotely different about her. I don't know what to do...

I've not seen her in 2 weeks because I'm on vacation in Europe, and when I get back next week she'll be away - so I won't have seen her for a month. The problem is these past 2 weeks, although I've met loads of great people (and one or two girls who are definitely interested in having some fun), I can't think about anyone but her. I find myself rejecting people simply because they don't make me feel the way this girl does when I'm with her. How long will it take before I stop feeling this way and just man up and get over her?

Attached: Wojak Ocean.png (876x971, 1.57M)