WE ALL GOT WOOD AND NAILS

WE TURN OUT HATE IN FACTORIES

Attached: Brand New - Jesus Christ.jpg (640x575, 127.57K)

Jesus Christ, I'm alone again
So what did you do those three days you were dead?
'Cause this problem is gonna last
More than the weekend

Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die
I'm a little bit scared of what comes after
Do I get the gold chariot?
Do I float through the ceiling?

DO IIIIII DIVIIIIIDE AND FALL APART?

Cause my briiight is too sliiiight to hold back all my dark

Damn, I've always thought that Jesse sung
>We CHURN out hate in factories
Good album.

originally oregano oreg

Attached: before you put my body in the cold ground take some time to warm it with your hand.png (599x674, 571.18K)

I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND
I'M NOT YOUR LOVER
I'M NOT YOUR FAMILY

YEAH!

sowing season is far better than any other song on that album

Welcome to Bangkok is supremely underrated.
the Wicca Phase Springs Eternal EP where he sings/raps over WtB and Untitled is genuinely pretty good. Stellar band.

You Won't Know is my favorite on the album but yeah, I like most of the album.

You won't know is my personal favorite from all Brand new songs but I feel you. Then again the devil and god are raging inside me is my favorite album and I consider all the songs on it masterpieces.

I'm a mountain that has been moved,
I'm a river that is all dried up.
I'm an ocean nothing floats on,
I'm a sky that nothing wants to fly in.
I'm a sun that doesn't burn hot.
I'm a moon that doesn't show its face.
I'm a mouth that doesn't smile,
I'm a word that no one ever wants to say...

I'm a mountain that has been moved.
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run.
I'm a preacher with no pulpit,
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on (and on, and on, and on, and on...)

Attached: daisy.png (316x315, 231.62K)

WELL IF WE TAKE THESE THINGS AND WE BURY THEM FAST
AND WE PRAY THAT THEY TURN TO SEEDS TO ROOTS AND THEN GRASS
WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
IT'S ALRIGHT
IT'D BE EASIER THAT WAY

Daisy is the better album tho?

Your Favorite Weapon gets too much hate. The acoustic tracks on it are glorious.

True. YFW is one of the best pop punk albums ever and yet it's the least good BN album.

I swear they had a song that I used to listen to in highschool all the time with a line of lyrics something like "Just as (blank. Some adjective or verb I think) as a part from its other, Once you can see the end it's all over"
Am I crazy? Why cant I find that song? That line was major doompill acceptance fuel for me.

have you tried their demos and outtakes album?

YFW isn't my favorite but I find Seventy Times Seven really unintentionally funny and interesting. It's so funny to me because Jesse Lacey is genuinely not right in the head, he is awesome but definitely kind of a fucked guy.

Like these guys in TBS are making fun of him, John Nolan stole his girl and all that, and to them that's just normal stuff, young-adult drama. But for someone as extreme as Lacey who doesn't see things that way, that sets things off. It isn't just beef and a broken friendship for him, this is life-or-death stuff. But at this stage of his career, he doesn't have the artistic skill to express himself the way he wants yet, and he's limited by the medium.

So you get songs like 70x7 where he's saying absolutely fucked up, over-the-top, insane shit like
>"Have another drink and drive yourself home, I hope there's ice on all the roads and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt, and again when your head goes through the windshield"
- that's fucking brutal and uncalled for. In fact, it freaks those guys out so much they don't respond and never interact with him again beyond occasionally talking shit online and getting ignored. It's hilarious. It's like if somebody spat towards you and you pulled out a handgun and shot them six times in the chest or something. The level of force he responded with is comical in its intensity.

Tl;dr Jesse is a based sperg

All brand new albums are pretty damn great and that includes Daisy. I just think TDAG is a step better and I also have kind of an emotional bond with the album.
That being said Daisy is probably the second best album from them. I think science fiction is as good or at least nearly as good as daisy is so I have hard time ranking those two. Deja entedu is the 4th best album but that's only because I don't really like me vs. maradona vs. elvis. Your favorite weapon is my least favorite one but I mean it's still a great album as well.

>"Have another drink and drive yourself home, I hope there's ice on all the roads and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt, and again when your head goes through the windshield"
Based. Those faggots aren't good people.

I don't remember that much about the drama surrounding their argument but wasn't John a long time friend of Jesses? If a friend did something like that to me I'd be fucking furious as well.
Then again I'm probably not right in the head either so my opinion regarding this isn't worth shit.

It's extremely based, and I definitely side with Jesse but me and him share the same disorder so I try and temper myself and look at things the way "normal people" do, and not completely sperg out like that. But yes, TBS are not good people and Jesse was right to be really angry, I fully agree.

At this point, these "normal" people aren't normal at all. They're cruel, frivolous, fickle pieces of shit that expect you to adhere to niceties, the same ones they'd gladly break and smile in your face while doing it.

Um, trips of truth? Bipolar gang unite?

But I digress, let's not stray too far, it's a comfy Brand New thread, after all. You Stole should get talked about more desu

Last night they said the fire had spread, and we said our prayers...

Nta but Brand new win out because TBS only managed one good album (admittedly it's absolutely incredible) whereas brand new had at least 3 if not 4

And now the flames are burning me in my bed
And I just dont care

Perhaps their most poetic and touching song, it's supremely moving, awfully melancholy, relentlessly gorgeous. Brand New's finest hour.