Still have dreams about my old HS crush even though I'm now 25 and don't think about her

>Still have dreams about my old HS crush even though I'm now 25 and don't think about her
I don't get it

Attached: NGMI.jpg (1080x720, 299.08K)

this is my worst fear

This has been happening to me recently. I don't even really miss her or remember much about her, but she still shows up in my dreams sometimes.

A while ago while I was in college I heard her sister ran away from home, and I never heard whether they found her or not. Last night I had a dream that I found her sister just so I could talk to the girl I had a thing for. The whole plot felt incomprehensible and I wonder why I still have these dreams.

Dunno about you, but my first crush was basically my dream woman both in terms of looks and personality/interests. I dunno if I already had a type of woman in mind when I met her or if she ended up defining what women I was into, but ultimately I still think and dream of her to this day.

What is it that you don't get? I still have dreams about my ex-girlfriend and the relationship ended many many years ago. I don't think about her either, maybe some days when I start looking into how pathetic my life has been. But even if you don't think about her, the memories are there in your brain and that is why you have dreams about her.

Why? Just thought it was something strange and pathetic, but whatever
It's the same for me. I barely remember her and never think of her in my waking hours. I just have dreams about actually being in a situation where I ask her out (never did it from crippling shyness) or she asks me out. Or I save her from something
I mostly just admired her for some qualities, the attraction came from the fact that for a time she was also apparently attracted to me, and that's all it took for me to return attraction to a girl

I just don't understand, the attraction died long ago and I don't think of her. My brain needs to give me better dreams

On the last day of HS I wrote in her yearbook "I was always trying to talk to you, wish we could've hung out more," and she wrote in mine "I was talking, you just weren't listening hard enough, gonna miss you

Attached: tired coffee.jpg (1615x2048, 397.67K)

Sorry, I just ignored the "don't think about her" part. My worst fear is not being able to get over her. Having dreams is completely fine. I'm just scared this will last for another decade.

You're probably better off that way. After yesterday's dream I looked her up, she's finished medschool like she wanted to. That drive I always admired (probably from having none of my own) got her her dream. Felt strange, she probably doesn't think of me at all. I prefer not to think of her too

I still have dreams about my oneitis I haven't seen for two years. Will asking her out make the dreams go away? Even if she says no I hope that will be enough that I can move on.

Honestly you're probably right. She definitely doesn't think about me whatsoever, and it'd probably suck to find out this chick I liked because she was quiet, reserved, nerdy in the same way I am, and terrible around guys but liked being around me, ended up getting married with her dreams accomplished while I'm a single starving artist thinking about girls I used to like almost a decade ago.

No, asking her out just never goes well and makes you hate yourself. It's better to cope that "I haven't tried yet" than have to acknowledge the fact that you tried and nobody gives a shit about you

I don't see how you could without being called a stalker if you haven't seen her in 2 years
Yeah. If the dreams are gonna come anyway, better to keep the image of her you liked than having the new one supersede it. Hope you make it with your art, I tried getting into writing once but my creativity has been sapped away by life

>It's better to cope that "I haven't tried yet" than have to acknowledge the fact that you tried and nobody gives a shit about you

But I have to know, I need these feelings to go away

>had fanatic one-sided love for a friend from 18-20 or so
>got over it
>in the seven years since then I sporadically have a dream that she finally reciprocated me feelings and I wake up realizing that I never actually got over her

Attached: 8D9C89D0-DA1B-4DC2-A851-39F88A2E7188.jpg (750x693, 80.83K)

>I don't see how you could without being called a stalker if you haven't seen her in 2 years

I'd just ask her out over Facebook. That's not stalkerish is it?

In case you're serious, it is. Even with good intentions, that's what she'll think. I know enough about normies to tell you that, but not enough to tell you how to reinsert yourself in her life in a way she'd accept

I wouldn't exactly jump into asking her out off rip. If you really wanna try, just message her again asking how she is, that it's been a while since you talked and you just remembered her because of something so you wanted to see how she's doing, then after a few days of texting back and forth (if the convo sticks) you suggest meeting up for a bite to eat. That's what a chick did to me who I hadn't talked to in a while (though we never ended up actually meeting)

Fuck. Well I have no choice, I don't even care if she says no, which she will 99%, I just need to get rid of these feelings I have for her. Even if it backfires we haven't spoken for two years so what's the worst that could happen?

Run what you plan to say by us.

I do the same fucking thing, I unironically get a mini panick attack everytime she posts a new photo with her faggot bf