Alright nice prank you fucking assholes

>having trouble getting job
>people on here claiming to make 6 figures tell me i need to make connections
>they tell me i need to look up "meetups in my area" to go to them
>avoid the alcohol-based, church, dancing or singing groups because i don't do any of those things
>decide to go to the healthy living group
>get there, and everyone immediately gives me looks
>it's all boomers and some families with kids
>they're extremely cold to me and i get this immense feeling that i'm not invited at all
>literally just wearing a regular collared shirt, shorts, and flip-flops (it's FL near the beach, nobody wears long pants or anything like that, most wearing t-shirts)
>decide to just leave because it seemed like some club that didn't want new members
>don't really like board games but i figured it might be OK because i want a tech job and there might be people who like computers there
>it's literally a bunch of 12yo kids with their parents drinking on the other side of the room
>they look at me like i came here to molest some kid, so i leave
>go to trivia night as some restaurant
>everyone is sitting in a bunch of groups already with friends they know. i come alone so they think i'm just grabbing dinner for myself
>ask the waitress about how the trivia works, she says i need to submit a group of 3+ to do it
>just eat my food and leave
>confused, go online, divorce workshop, bible reading, boating club, real estate club, a bunch of alcohol groups, etc
>virtually all of the rest of the groups are "online meets"
what the fuck is this? like but what the heck does that even mean?
whatever.
fuck you guys. you punk'd me.
laugh it up, faggots

Attached: biden.jpg (586x673, 49.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa28.htm
ceogaming.org/ceo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kek normies dogshit advice they would never do themselves btfo by reality yet again

If you want to meet people your age, you're going to have to bite the bullet and imbibe a little alcohol. Join wine tasting groups or some shit if you don't feel like getting absolutely annihilated through bar crawls. Even better is if you had the balls to go out and neck a pint yourself. Hell, get the most faggot ass drink possible and throw your shades on. Nobody is going to give a fuck. Seriously, nobody and I mean nobody is going to give a fuck.

alcohol makes me feel like shit, that's why i don't drink it. and people my age are doing meth, weed or opiates. it's the boomers who are drinking alcohol

How old are you? If you're younger than 70, you're fine. You must live in a small town or suburban area because cities are just chock full of people within the 18-70 that are always out drinking. You're fucked if you live in rural areas, towns, or suburban spaces. Big cities are where it's at. It's never been easier my dude.

>How old are you?
>If you're younger than 70, you're fine
fine with what? alcohol just makes me feel like shit, that's why i don't drink it
>Big cities are where it's at.
i don't live in one champ. i can't just move, i'm trying to find a job
>It's never been easier my dude
whenever someone says this, they're trolling

>flip flops
>shorts
and that right there is why you are a faggot

It makes everyone feel like shit until you build up a tolerance which admittedly is stupid to do but it works.
>trying to find a job
Find a job in a city.
>trolling
No, I'm really not. I mean you don't have to believe me but you're not in a city so there's objectively really no way you would be aware of how easy it is. I've met several anons from here and helped a few of them get laid but every single one of them would agree that it isn't bad whatsoever. It's only a meme in the rural / suburban / towny areas. Living in those areas while single is legitimately nightmare mode.

>It makes everyone feel like shit until you build up a tolerance
lol no it doesn't.
OP this person is literally gaslighting you or trolling and that statement gave it away

>and that right there is why you are a faggot
it's fucking florida in the summer. nobody was wearing long pants there and flip flops prevent my socks from becoming swear sponges
boomers were wearing the same things. hell, i was dressed better than most of them. i would have looked like a complete fucking pedo if i wore pants and a button-up long shirt with shoes. it's routinely 80-90+ F

>It makes everyone feel like shit until you build up a tolerance which admittedly is stupid to do but it works.
it just doesn't have any good effects. i used to drink more often in college, and then i realized how terrible it was. it doesn't help with being "social". i ALWAYS drink if someone offers (if you refuse an offered drink it's like telling someone you want to kill them, it seems) but i usually just sip slowly so it doesn't make me feel like shit)

>Find a job in a city
i'm applying everywhere. that's the issue, i'm not getting interviews or anything. so normieshits told me to go to meetups to "make connections" but it was all boomers and they didn't want me there because of my age

>It's only a meme in the rural / suburban / towny areas. Living in those areas while single is legitimately nightmare mode.
i don't care about having a gf. been there, done that. it's shit. i'm just trying to get employed and sending out applications and my resume isn't working because i don't have connections

>OP this person is literally gaslighting you or trolling and that statement gave it away
honestly this gives it away:
>It's never been easier

>look up local fighting game events
>see what games are being played
>go to whatever event has a game you like
If your local scene isnt complete trash and you don't sperg out when you lose then you'll at least be welcome to show up and play some matches and you can use that as a spring board to start hanging out with people outside of those events

i don't play video games but do these things even exist? isn't everything online? i don't have a console
where can i find them

>no it doesn't.
pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa28.htm
>OP this person is literally gaslighting you or trolling and that statement gave it away
I guess OP should believe the faggot that wants to keep you away from people instead of insisting that you stop being a pussy and putting yourself out there. If he doesn't want to drink, fine but he's going to be stuck in a perpetual cycle of meeting the same fate he did each time he went to those meetups.
>it doesn't help with being "social"
Bars wouldn't exist if this wasn't the case. Then again some people experience the symptoms of being buzzed differently.
>normieshits told me to go to meetups
Well since we covered you're not in a city, this isn't an avenue you want to take. Again, if you're living outside of a city you practically are facing a death sentence of being alone unless you're good friends with people in the area. A lot of the advice you'll see here is geared towards faggots living in a city.
>i'm just trying to get employed
Join business or sports clubs then (you'll probably have to drink for sports if you want to be invited to group outings). Everyone loves sports and it's a really good way to establish connections from people of different walks of life, especially successful people. But again, you'll more than likely turn up empty handed if it's not in a city.
Don't listen to me then. I'll talk to you faggots later. I'm going out on a date with a girl I met last night.

>pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa28.htm
alcohol only gives me negative side effects:
- headache
- nausea
- irritability
- uncomforable increased body temperature
- have to piss every 10 minutes
- argumentative
there's no actual benefits, i don't understand the appeal. and i've had alcohol plenty of times. it just feels like i'm poisoning myself. all it makes me want to do is chain smoke

>If he doesn't want to drink, fine but he's going to be stuck in a perpetual cycle of meeting the same fate he did each time he went to those meetups.
the issue was boomers didn't want me there. me not drinking alcohol had nothing to do with it

>Bars wouldn't exist if this wasn't the case. Then again some people experience the symptoms of being buzzed differently.
yeah not everyone enjoys it. some people smoke weed and relax then fall asleep. i smoke weed and it gives me anxiety and i can't sleep for shit

>Well since we covered you're not in a city, this isn't an avenue you want to take. Again, if you're living outside of a city you practically are facing a death sentence of being alone unless you're good friends with people in the area. A lot of the advice you'll see here is geared towards faggots living in a city.
well great. i'm just trying to get a job. i have friends from the past i hit them all up to see if they could help me get a job and they're just as shit off as me or can't help

>Join business or sports clubs then (you'll probably have to drink for sports if you want to be invited to group outings). Everyone loves sports and it's a really good way to establish connections from people of different walks of life, especially successful people. But again, you'll more than likely turn up empty handed if it's not in a city.
a sports club? like what is that, people that play the sport or watch it?

>pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa28.htm
so you found a document that says "tolerance is a thing" as if that was what i was disputing. the effect of alcohol upon first consumption is slight euphoria for the vast majority of people. tolerance then diminishes this effect upon repeated consumption, which is why people drink more and more. "it makes everyone feel like shit until you build up a tolerance" is patently false.

>the effect of alcohol upon first consumption is slight euphoria for the vast majority of people
why does it just give me a headache and make me feel irritated then?

because you're not one of the vast majority of people

Just google fighting game events in your area, you don't even need your own console since the event organizer should be taking care of the set ups
>isnt everything online
The fighting game community is different, in person play is valued because of the communities arcade roots and because online play can be ass with frame drops and delays fucking up the game
You said you live in Florida right? If you want to go to a big event and maybe meet some local people and find smaller regular events close to where you live then CEO is happening in Daytona Beach from the 24th to the 26th this month
ceogaming.org/ceo/

>Daytona Beach
damn that shit is like 4 hours away
fuck this honestly. i just can't imagine the answer to getting a job is going on once-a-month video game events that are like hours away.
it really shouldn't be like pulling teeth with something literally everyone is supposed to have. the economy must be seriously in the dumps at this point