/mh/ - Mental Health general

Since /cut/ pretty much died I thought the best legacy would be to at least make one thread of a general about mental health, so everyone can feel welcome here.
Can't promise to make it often (it can even be a one time only), can't promise to be active every time, can't promise a lot of things, but if it will make any of you feel better then it is enough.
-
General about mental health. Come here to talk and vent about what your struggles are and share suggestions and advices, even if you are healthy and just want to help other anons.
There is no strict rules, just try to be kind to each other at least.

Remember that everyone struggle with something and it's part of the human experience, and it's fine to feel down every once and then so don't be too hard with yourself.

>How are you doing today or lately?
>What are you struggling with?
>Are you diagnosed or undiagnosed/self-diagnosed?
I guess these would be good general questions for the general.

Attached: o4rhi9v18i351.jpg (750x692, 54.42K)

I could've choosed a better picture but that was the nicest I had.

What is considered "good" mental health? And how does one achieve it?

What is considered "good?"

Attached: Philosoraptor.jpg (500x500, 22.83K)

If I had an answer I would have told you but. Unfortunately, I don't know and I don't know how/what happines and relaxation, so a state of mental wellness, feel like. I guess that this user hint about what your idea of a "good mental health" is like, if you have an idea there is a way to achieve it although it must be found to begin with.

ok bros i ordered a transcranial direct current stimulation kit (low electric current to your brain) and will report back how i feel in the next /mh/ general
i think it's going to work!

Attached: 1651490655760.jpg (1312x1312, 129.2K)

Be careful not to hurt yourself, user. Is it safe?

Thanks user. I read half a dozen papers on it as well as user experiences and it seems safe if used on very low voltage. Worried about stimulating the 'wrong parts' of my brain but I like to tinker.

Attached: 1634031651853.jpg (680x591, 28.69K)

My internet friend (my only friend actually) is going to another country in a few days for a few months. Ultimately this shouldn't change anything between us: our relationship is entirely online anyway, and he is still going to be using his computer and phone pretty often like he usually does. So we're still going to be talking to eachother, probably no less than usual.

But I can't help but feel completely devastated. And I don't understand why. I feel like he's going to be gone for a long time, like I'm losing somebody, and that might make sense if we were physically friends in-person. I'd really be missing out on an aspect of our relationship in that case and it'd make sense to miss him. But this doesn't really affect our relationship in practice.

I still feel depressed and just. Broken and panicked. I don't know what to do, I have no other friends to talk to, and he's extremely anxious about this vacation-thing himself, and I don't want to add more stress on top of all that for him.

Slowly working my way out of my shit. I still can't focus on the stuff I like (at least not enough to get an education), and I still sometimes feel like I'm simply not cut out for life, but it's not all gloomy anymore. This is also my first time visiting this piece of shit site in months so that's good progress

The last few days were nice, cause a friend visited me.
Loneliness, hating myself and my body.
A therapist I visited a month ago suggested avoidant personality disorder. I also suspect that I have ADHD, and could probably be diagnosed with body dismorphia.

What things is it suppossed to help with? To be honest, stuff like that always sounded like snake oil to me, but I haven't really looked into it. Good luck though.

Good job user, you seem to be on the right direction. Yeah, browsing this site is pretty toxic, its for the best to stop browsing.

I am mostly just sad and lonely. Was diagnosed with depression many years and tried anti-depressants for a time before just giving up on them. Life is getting objectively better but I still feel like there's no reason to be alive.

Have you tried our holy savior, wellbutrin?

>>How are you doing today or lately?
bad
>>What are you struggling with?
being alive
>>Are you diagnosed or undiagnosed/self-diagnosed?
social anxiety or autism, undiagnosed

I wasted my Sunday dicking around like always. I'm happy-ish about that because before that I was having legit flashbacks to a job dangerous shitshow job I lasted a month at. Like I literally had to time deep breaths and tell myself I'm okay before getting to the point I could do something else to distract myself.
About to get fired from my current job. Put in a few apps so hopefully I can bail my current place before they can get me.
ASD/ADHD - diagnosed.

Feeling pretty good. Ate lunch with my parents and little sister.

Women and loneliness. Like many guys out there, I wish there was a way to meet people easier.

I have no mental illnesses, diagnosed or self-diagnosed. I'm here out of boredom and of course, loneliness.

My meds have been fucking with me and the days are like sludge, but nothing particularly bad has happened to me recently.
For the past few months I have been a complete hikki due to OCD that causes severe social anxiety. I'm a teenager and it's summer now but it doesn't matter since I'm doing online courses and I have no friends irl. I can't make friends or be out of the house over 2 hours.
>Are you diagnosed or undiagnosed/self diagnosed?
I'm diagnosed with OCD, ASD, anorexia, bipolar 2, and I've been in BPD treatment but since I'm under 18 I can't be diagnosed obviously.

LMAO! OP is a faggot, OP has abandoned the thread.

ok... and? (You) can still have a discussion without the OP

>Remember that everyone struggle with something and it's part of the human experience, and it's fine to feel down every once and then so don't be too hard with yourself.
>>How are you doing today or lately?
>>What are you struggling with?
>>Are you diagnosed or undiagnosed/self-diagnosed?
Nice datamine faggot.

>Nice datamine faggot.
I don't even know how to datamine I'm too stupid, even more than average, when it comes to numbers.
Well, I was coherent to what I said in the main thread
>No promises of activity/thread making
I have struggles myself and all I wanted to do was to give a space for people to talk and help (for what this can help) each other, this whether or not I was here.
I'll have to get some sleep soon so I won't even stay long here.
I know how that feels, out of loneliness even an internet friend can be as important as an internet friend. Personally I try not to make much difference between irl and online because in the end we are a person in both environments, of course there is to be careful when this is not a healthy thing for example getting into parasocial relationships or the general idea that online people tend to show what they want to.
>I don't want to add more stress on top of all that for him.
I'm not great for advices but I guess that trying to check on him once in a while to see if he is fine, withouth pressuring him, should do.
>Slowly working my way out of my shit.
Always remember: one small step, a centimeter, even a millimeter, is still progress. Keep it slow if you need it to be that way.
>Loneliness, hating myself and my body.
Loneliness is a slow and unnoticeable assassin; why do you hate yourself and your body? I know that part of wellbeing is being "happy" in your own skin and mind, this is hard and I understand that but a good start would be to think at something you do appreciate about yourself and build some confidence around it, even if it's just at the beginning.

I'll try to reply to other anons even tho it's hard to come up with something that can help while I can't help myself.