Women aren't happier

Alright r9k, see if you can wiggle out of this. Some stats first:
>Women are almost twice as likely to experience depression
>Women are 1.2 times as likely to attempt suicide
But also:
>Women more commonly feel intense joy
>Men are 2-3 times more likely to commit suicide. Though this is partly related to the fact that men more usually have access to sure-fire (hehe) ways of doing the an heroin', men who have attempted have a higher suicidal intent.
>It is known that men are much less likely to seek consultation for mental health issues including depression (for obvious reasons); so it is very hard to know whether the depression rates really are significantly lower for men, so using depression & suicide statistics to understand the overall happiness of men vs women is probably not a good idea.

Self-reported happiness statistics show that women, on average, are about as happy as men. There aren't any significant differences in depression rates by age in men vs women other than the 2x multiplier (which is somewhat surprising, I expected women to have a spike around the menopause). But while average happiness by age mostly follows the same curve, the sources of unhappiness are different. Men care more about their employment, status and education while women care more about marriage, children and interpersonal relationships. So it stands to reason that women are more sensitive to the success in their topics of interest than men, i.e what looks like success from the male perspective may not be felt the same way by women. Concretely, that's why I think the fact that there are less virgin or single women than men doesn't really matter. The reddit gamer analogy here is elemental damage: Men have a different elemental type than women, and so they have different resistances & weaknesses.

Attached: 9k==-01.jpg (256x256, 18.33K)

>But men also have higher rates of drug abuse, homelessness, accidents, etc, etc.
Again, I don't think this matters, and again I refer to the average self-reported happiness. My opinion (which is supported by evolutionary theory) is that men are simply more resilient. We have a higher defense stat, so while we do receive higher damage, our HP still drops by the same amount.

>But what if they're just ungrateful? What if they just say they feel about as happy as men, while the conscious experience of a woman is usually much more pleasurable?
I do not think we currently have the means to figure this out. Sure, you can look at the levels of oxytocin/dopamine/serotonin, but the brain is a complex thing, and those "happiness hormones" are also responsible for motor function, memory, appetite, and more depending on the situation. So maybe, but also maybe not. Self-reports are the best thing we have right now.
The human condition seems to affect us all equally. The happiness you experience from being single is probably similar to what a woman feels when she's not in a fulfilling relationship. Conversely, men have higher standards in education, for example.

Take the blackpill instead

>The happiness you experience from being single
What happiness? I'm single and usually miserable.
>men have higher standards in education, for example...
what example? they don't even do as well as women in school.
I was going to call you a woman, but your 2 posts are so autistic that there's no way you're anything but a man.
Comparing emotional wellness to video-game defense and attack stats in particular is what made me 100% certain you have some kind of social developmental disorder.
Anyways, I hope you some day realize that nobody cares if women are happier, or men are happier as fundamentally the only thing that matters is if people are actually killing themselves over depression, as the government doesn't really give a shit if you feel bad when you file your taxes, or vote.

>What happiness? I'm single and usually miserable
I meant unhappiness. Should be pretty obvious
>what example? they don't even do as well as women in school.
Men are better in academia in general. If it wasn't clear what I meant, it's that men find education more important than women, i.e it contributes more to their happiness/unhappiness

>Anyways, I hope you some day realize that nobody cares if women are happier, or men are happier as fundamentally the only thing that matters is if people are actually killing themselves over depression, as the government doesn't really give a shit if you feel bad when you file your taxes, or vote.
I know, but it matters to me. I also saw a bunch of posts along the lines of "baaahhh women have it so good" so I wanted to point out that's probably not the case

>The reddit gamer analogy here is elemental damage: Men have a different elemental type than women
Opinion discarded.

Attached: 1654134126678.png (845x634, 729.72K)

Women have it easier to find good-paying jobs
Women make more money
Women are better educated
Women have more sex and relationships on demand
Women aren't demonized by society
Women have intrinsic value and never have to worry about feel disposable
Women have it better and bullshit statistics about "muh depression" doesn't mean shit when their lives are objectively better than men's

Doesn't matter, read my post

>read my post
No.

Attached: zw02njae4ef51.jpg (640x854, 94.13K)

I don't care about women
Didn't care for 19 years and I still don't care

Are you trying to win the oppression olympics?

But women do have a more easy time getting into harder to apply schools through affirmative action, and scholarships. And women also have higher levels of education these days.

At-least read some studies on shit before you want to argue about some pointless shit online.
Women don't make more money because men work longer hours last I heard.
atleast link it then retard.
such a negligible thread. fucking stupid waste of time.
Why the fuck do you even care dumb fuck? it literally matters zero.
Why do you care that people think women have it more easy, and why are you trying to argue that they don't? maybe pick the fight with the people saying that stuff okay?
Thanks for playing.

>And women also have higher levels of education these days.
Yeah I guess I was focusing on STEM, but anyways that's beside the point as I already stated.
>atleast link it then retard.
I'm OP you fucking idiot
>Why the fuck do you even care dumb fuck?
Because? Nigger. Why do you care about anything? Kill yourself
>maybe pick the fight with the people saying that stuff okay?
yeah I am literally doing just that, all those people are here. r9k is a fucking shithole because of people crying about women and imbeciles like you. I miss the times you could actually talk about shit on here.

I don't care about anything. Nigger. Kill yourself
>r9k is a fucking shithole because of people crying about women and imbeciles like you.
>proceeds to seethe about it, and makes a thread for people to argue and express opinions about it.
lmao, what a way to waste your time being angry about people that have no way of effecting you, or people you know in your life.
Go touch some grass buddy.

You sound young and I'm genuinely sure you're no older than 17 and you contribute nothing to the post. I'm not gonna reply anymore, fuck off with your half-assed bait

I'm 23 lol.
And how are any of my replies bait?
I literally repeated your tone after you got extremely angry from my first post.
Are you still mad because I was able to glean that you're socially autistic from your 2 posts or something?
>I'm not gonna reply anymore, fuck off with your half-assed bait
The sheer irony of saying that after posting this thread, on this board.
you said "I know, but it matters to me."
cool, and why do you care what others think?

>And how are any of my replies bait?
Because they contribute nothing and are mostly just boring insults. But, I want to bump this thread so I'll bite
>I literally repeated your tone after you got extremely angry from my first post.
You called me a dumb fuck, so I called you a nigger, the reason I told you to kill yourself is because you would've done so if you truly didn't care about anything. I've been here too long to get mad this easily. And yeah I'm socially awkward, though not genuinely autistic.
>The sheer irony of saying that after posting this thread, on this board.
It's a good thread, what about it?
>cool, and why do you care what others think?
Why did you ask this question? If you didn't care about the reaction of others at all, then you wouldn't have replied to this thread in the first place

I didn't read any if this shit. You're wasting your time.

>It's a good thread, what about it?
nah it's a shit bait thread, and posts like
is all you'll get from people on here except for people like me, who don't actually care, and just want to argue.
>Why did you ask this question?
no no no... you said YOU cared, now explain why.
because otherwise nobody is going to take you seriously at this point.

i dont care if women are happy or not

Attached: 1651529149103.gif (604x495, 634.55K)

>nah it's a shit bait thread
my post is the opposite of bait, I don't think you know what bait means.
>is all you'll get from people on here except for people like me, who don't actually care, and just want to argue.
Ok, then I'm talking to the void. Believe it or not, most of my post was written as a personal note anyways and I just changed some parts and posted it here because there's a 1 in a million chance an interesting person is gonna reply.
>you said YOU cared, now explain why
dunno, guess I just like thinking about random stuff. I wish I could focus more on maths instead, but oh well

>hurp derp IDK why I think stuff, guess I'm just random XD
You can't even be bothered to make up a reason, yet you claim you aren't baiting.
At this point I'm thinking you're just replying to have the last word in edgewise.
fishing for one more (you)
well, here it is.
I'm done here.

Attached: you .gif (480x238, 443.4K)

bye user, you've done a good job of baiting me. Or maybe the researched double long post is the bait here? Who knows. sleep well