Why do I like myself so much?

No really why. Even though other people don't like me, even though I don't really have achievements to my name, really plenty of people could call my current state of life to be pathetic and lacking.
Yet I like myself, I really do.
To the point of other people talking shit about me doesn't really affect me.
Is it just some kind of deep cope brought on by the fact that others don't think highly of me, so I have to as a cope think highly of myself?
I mean that would be one explanation as to why I'm more happy than other people who are more accomplished and more complimented and beloved by others.
Seems strange.
Any thoughts anons surely something is up here?

Attached: 1642585854645.png (500x500, 295.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You sound like your name is John

I am unaware of what this might be referencing, you need to elaborate.

Narcissim.

Why would I elaborate, JOHN?

You're probably just a narcissist, which hasn't really stopped anyone from being successful. though i would prefer you to kill yourself, since narcissists usually end up hurting those around them.

Extremely based OP i suggest you don't listen to moralfaggots and stomp their bitchboy feelings everytime you get a chance.

>Narcissim
Hmmm forgive me for using wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
>It is human nature for people to be selfish[3] and narcissism exists on a continuum that ranges from normal to abnormal personality expression.[4] There is a significant difference between normal, healthy levels of narcissism and people who are difficult/self-absorbed, or people having a pathological mental illness like narcissistic personality disorder.[5]

>Normal and healthy levels of narcissism
>Narcissism is an essential component of mature self-esteem and basic self-worth.[25][26][27] In essence, narcissistic behaviors are a system of intrapersonal and interpersonal strategies devoted to protecting one's self-esteem.
>It has been suggested that healthy narcissism is correlated with good psychological health. Self-esteem works as a mediator between narcissism and psychological health. Therefore, because of their elevated self-esteem, deriving from self-perceptions of competence and likability, high narcissists are relatively free of worry and gloom.
So far seems reasonable

>Destructive levels of narcissism
>Narcissism, in and of itself, is a normal personality trait, however, high levels of narcissistic behavior can be damaging and self-defeating.[30] Destructive narcissism is the constant exhibition of a few of the intense characteristics usually associated with pathological Narcissistic Personality Disorder such as a "pervasive pattern of grandiosity", which is characterized by feelings of entitlement and superiority, arrogant or haughty behaviors, and a generalized lack of empathy and concern for others.[2] On a spectrum, destructive narcissism is more extreme than healthy narcissism but not as extreme as the pathological condition.
Already here there is multiple things that aren't in line with me, such as
> feelings of entitlement
>superiority
>and a generalized lack of empathy and concern for others

i want tis ability

Attached: 1654287601607.png (1358x906, 17.72K)

Now to add to this
>Pathological levels of narcissism
Nothing there lines up with me.

The worst thing I guess that other people can percieve me as is arrogant which falls into the
>Destructive levels of narcissism
But that's just 1 thing. And I'm arrogant simply because I want to do things based on my sensibilities of what is logical and fair. By no means is it a "i'm better than you" rather a "I think this is more sensible and I think it's unreasonable to simply fall in line and do things because somebody either thinks of themselves as better than you or by other people(authority figure for example)
So while I can tread on some social norms, which earns me ire of other people. I do respect them as human beings and treat them much like I would want them to treat me.
So it can come off as arrogant. But again there is no sense of grandiosity here.
Unless you count people beliving they can stand up for themselves against authority or masses as "grandiosity"
I suppose people could view it as that "who are you to think you have a say in the matter, know your place worm"
but isn't that exactly something a narcissist seeking to dominate somebody would tell a "normal" person"?
So my greatest sin of being a narcissist is having the will to stand my ground against possible narcissists?

It quite weird how deeply people don't like themselves and other people.
I can't explain why, but I like myself and I think some of that washes over into liking other people though it's a bit more subtle. I guess being able to accept flaws in yourself makes you able to do the same for others?

Liking yourself sounds nice doesn't it? I really can't quite put my finger on it though. Why I feel this way.
As mentioned before, I get talked down to by other people often enough and I myself can logically say I don't have much of accomplishments to my name.
People better off than me, who get more praise, achieved more, etc. Don't like themselves like me.

> feelings of entitlement
You felt entitled enough to my attention to make this thread.
>superiority
You feel threatened enough by my accusation to look it up on wikipedia, largely because it challenges your deep-held belief that you are actually superior to others.
>and a generalized lack of empathy and concern for others
This is again, displayed by your willingness to post this thread in the first place.

>> feelings of entitlement
>>superiority
thats cause you acknowledge youre a loser, if you had a good job and achievements you would def think youre better than everyone else

i would wager that even if you didnt have a good job, you would think you were better than all your coworkers ... idk just a guess

>You felt entitled enough to my attention to make this thread.
Don't you think that makes you sound a bit grandiose?
>My attention is so valuable, that for people to make a thread on the internet to steal but a moment of my time, is entitlement on their part.
Wouldn't this mindset be very conducive to being a narcissist?

>You feel threatened enough by my accusation to look it up on wikipedia,
Notice how my humblness in assuming I don't know best and that I might be full of myself is taken as a "feeling threatened" instead.
Kinda strange user that you would frame it like that.
>because it challenges your deep-held belief that you are actually superior to others
Can one like themselves only and only if they are superior to others?
Wouldn't this assumption again fall inline with the mindset that one has to be either worse, or better than others, and if you are worse you should feel eternally bad as you measure youerself against somebody in the world, and that you should feel better, as you are "superior" to somebody you manage to stomp on emotionally speaking, be it on the internet, somebody you know, or even somebody you imagine(making up things about others).

>This is again, displayed by your willingness to post this thread in the first place.
I dunno user, this seems a rather unreasonable take.

>thats cause you acknowledge youre a loser, if you had a good job and achievements you would def think youre better than everyone else
Well I'm better at some things than certain other people. And different people are better than me in a lot of things, though usually not all of the things at the same time?
Though I think you have a certain point here that is right. In that having certain shortcomings that you acknowledge to yourself means your view of yourself is more grounded and less "above others".
But really nobody can be good at everything all of the time. We will always fall short at one point. Not being able to accept that would be narcissism.

>But really nobody can be good at everything all of the time
ehhh, i know a few people who are good at everything they get into.

>ehhh, i know a few people who are good at everything they get into.
Are they though?
Everything?
And better than anybody else?
There is always one subject they can be bad at.
Always somebody else who might outshine them and be better.

Really I have never met a single person who can be good at everything.
The only way this illusion can be maintained is by limiting the fields you put yourself into as to avoid failure and have good chance from the get go.
And to avoid competition, so as to never see people who make your attempts look really poor.
Only in that cicrumstance can the illusion be maintained.
Lack of pushing out into the unknowing and things you aren't good at and lack of competition.

I have seen people do just that and have quite a grandiose view of themselves because of it.

>Don't you think that makes you sound a bit grandiose?
I responded to you. This is not an evaluation of my psychology, only yours.
>Wouldn't this mindset be very conducive to being a narcissist?
See above; You took the initial action here, so we're here to talk about you. If you want to feel superior to me, do it in my thread.
>Kinda strange user that you would frame it like that.
It's much stranger that you actually tried to brag about your "humbleness."
>Wouldn't this assumption again fall inline with the mindset that one has to be either worse, or better than others, and if you are worse you should feel eternally bad as you measure youerself against somebody in the world, and that you should feel better, as you are "superior" to somebody you manage to stomp on emotionally speaking, be it on the internet, somebody you know, or even somebody you imagine(making up things about others).
I'm overwhelmingly superior to most people and it never once occurs to me on a daily basis. There is no benefit to either being "superior" or being "superior" by being "humble."
>I dunno user, this seems a rather unreasonable take.
It's completely unreasonable, but you posted on my board so you get my commentary. Sorry about that.

>I responded to you. This is not an evaluation of my psychology, only yours.
and your framing was that
>You felt entitled enough to my attention to make this thread.
Read that again and ask yourself is that a humble or even neutral thing to say to another person?
Entitled, for making a thread? Entitled for, your attention.
Have a think.
>See above; You took the initial action here, so we're here to talk about you.
Sure enough, but the question was why do I like myself in spite of reasons to dislike myself.
And you answer is narcissism, and the justification was based on your perception.
But as I addressed your perception seems pretty narcissistic to me by itself.
Furthermore
>I'm overwhelmingly superior to most people
>but you posted on my board
You seem to be playing the part rather overtly. I hope you do so ironically.

oh and
>It's much stranger that you actually tried to brag about your "humbleness."
It's not a brag. I'm pointing out that me considering somebody elses viewpoint was framed by you as a "You feel threatened enough by my accusation".

Anyway this is line of discussion is quickly going off topic and doesn't really answer the original question set out.

>You seem to be playing the part rather overtly. I hope you do so ironically.
What basis would you like to use to compare us, then? Again, my superiority or lack thereof to you is meaningless unless you're really concerned about that kind of thing.
>It's not a brag. I'm pointing out that me considering somebody elses viewpoint was framed by you as a "You feel threatened enough by my accusation".
If you had considered someone else's viewpoint at all, you never would have posted this thread at all, let alone tried to prove that I'M a narcissist. Can you understand why posting a thread about you and then talking about me is all wrong?
>Anyway this is line of discussion is quickly going off topic and doesn't really answer the original question set out.
I'm literally asking you to focus on the original question and instead you're trying to find a way to dismiss my criticism of you.

>If you had considered someone else's viewpoint at all, you never would have posted this thread at all,
Again, I don't see it that way. People are free to post and make threads as long as it's within board rules and all.
>let alone tried to prove that I'M a narcissist.
Not trying to prove, just noooooticing.
>Can you understand why posting a thread about you and then talking about me is all wrong?
Yes, but if your take is based on your perception and doesn't seem to fit, then I have to dismiss it as a ":you" think. Not a "me" thing.
So in short, it seems to me, your "criticism" as you put it, doesn't seem to fit.

>focus on the original question and instead you're trying to find a way to dismiss my criticism of you.
Strange that you would criticize somebody just liking themselves though?
I was looking for more of a "insight" as to why I like myself despite things. Cause it doesn't seem to be that common.

>Again, I don't see it that way. People are free to post and make threads as long as it's within board rules and all.
And I'm free to reply as long as it's within board rules and all. I'm glad you're smart enough to understand how forums work.
>Not trying to prove, just noooooticing.
In other words, you're smart enough to recognize that patterns exist, but not smart enough to extract useful information from them.
>So in short, it seems to me, your "criticism" as you put it, doesn't seem to fit.
But my narcissism or lack thereof has nothing to do with you. If you were really secure about this, you A) would not have posted this thread at all, and B) would have been able to prove to both of us that you're not a narcissist with actual evidence drawn from your own life. You could have easily tried to just make shit up, there's no way I would have know. Instead you scream "NO U" and stick your fingers in your ears.
>Strange that you would criticize somebody just liking themselves though?
No, liking yourself in the absence of any good reason to do so is a sign of mental illness, as I observed in my original post. It's you and only you who emphasized that you have no reason to actually like yourself. I can only diagnose based on that. If you have a good reason, then good for you, sit down and shut up.
>I was looking for more of a "insight" as to why I like myself despite things. Cause it doesn't seem to be that common.
This is the insight, you just don't like it because it reflects negatively on you.

>If you were really secure about this, you A) would not have posted this thread at all
What do you mean, I'm not asking if I like myself or not.
I am, that's the end of that.
The question is why as opposed to most people who are more beloved by their peers don't like themselves as much as I seem to like myself.
> B) would have been able to prove to both of us that you're not a narcissist with actual evidence drawn from your own life.
That's really strange. Proof that I'm not a narcissist, actual evidence.
>You could have easily tried to just make shit up, there's no way I would have know.
Why would I make shit up and lie, for what purpose? You are not making any sense.
>Instead you scream "NO U" and stick your fingers in your ears.
No more like
>you are a narrcist
>no I don't think so because these stements don't seem to fit me
>No, liking yourself in the absence of any good reason to do so is a sign of mental illness,
Maybe. But maybe disliking yourself even if you have good reason to like yourself is also mental illness.
>It's you and only you who emphasized that you have no reason to actually like yourself.
The more correct statement is
>Even though other people don't like me, even though I don't really have achievements to my name, really plenty of people could call my current state of life to be pathetic and lacking.
Notice, it's not the same as your statement.
>sit down and shut up.
Why are you so upset?
>This is the insight, you just don't like it because it reflects negatively on you.
Is a person supposed to accept anything negative you say about them, even if it doesn't seem to logically apply to them because to do otherwise is "uhhh cope"?