So when did you realize industrial civilization will collapse?

For me it was 2010 when I tried to fully understand the depths of the housing market and the financial problems. And underpinning all of it was energy, namely fossil fuels, and a finite amount of them on Earth. That's when I figured out is has a shelf life. In fact, I think it's ending right now albeit not some crazy Mad Max bullshit but still the crisis has officially begun. Just wait until gas goes up another 5-10 dollars a gallon, see how people react.

Peak oil, coal, and natural gas have all been reached. This was predicted on many forums I visited in 2010, that this would happen between 2015-2025 and they were right on the money. Sure, there were and still are many cranks but ultimately, I gave up on thinking of the industrial future. Not out of desire but out of necessity and started to research possible futures. A huge dieoff will happen in the next 20 years that will see a massive population reduction worldwide. What world those survivors make afterwards is still a very good question.

Attached: freemyboy.jpg (213x236, 8.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmhEOQuUahU
youtube.com/watch?v=gpIgAHF_his
youtube.com/watch?v=20iGZUe4cXY
youtube.com/watch?v=zYWIyga245g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you implying a population reduction is a bad thing?

The British empire collapsed last century and they are still doing fine.

The secret is that most colonies were a net loss financially. Many other European countries with zero colonies had better living standards. What I'm talking about is a loss of production created by fossil fuels. That's a totally different scenario.

And yea population reduction is a bit of a misnomer. I mean without fossil fuels, the global population would be about 1 billion as it was before fossil fuels. It's not really a dieoff, most just shouldn't be here in the first place. I only use dieoff as it resonates with people. Through time I see it as ideal but living through it will be rough.

yeah, it's been one giant bubble basically. i started to sense the way we live isn't sustainable at all around like 2008, back when we thought FEMA was gonna be putting people in boxes.
ironic, i was looking at anti-vaxx stuff wayyy back then because there was a general conspiracy that had to do with using FEMA/health as an excuse to imprison everyone basically, it wasn't necessarily about vaccines.

basically, when it comes to refugees, a disease or war, they will remove everyone's human rights like nothing and throw them all in prison and bury the key, they did it with the US Japs when WW2 broke out, but you never hear about it. they rounded them all up and put them in camps in America.

I mean most people die eventually. Im just out here grilling and raising a family.
Fossil fuels are an easy problem to solve honestly, theres just very little incentive

youtube.com/watch?v=nmhEOQuUahU
youtube.com/watch?v=gpIgAHF_his
youtube.com/watch?v=20iGZUe4cXY

Attached: Societal Collapse neuralblender.png (352x192, 186.91K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zYWIyga245g

Attached: Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator.png (256x256, 148.8K)

the solution is easy to tthink of, but the execution would cost billions.
they don't even care about solar or natural gas, like at all.

Solar is ass. We need to frack and go nuclear

We're already at the end of fracking and nuclear has some potential if we jumped in our time machine. Realistically it takes 10 years to build a new plant in the US. It's not going to happen.
Seems like an interesting guy.
People take for granted everything from the computer they use, to that grill, to food production, to medicine, to everything. There are workarounds in a sense, we can provide a level of goods without fossil fuels as we did in the past. We'll simply have to accept something more akin to the past's standard of living. I think we'll get there either way but there's a way with a good amount of pain and a way where we're dragged kicking and screaming, we've picked the latter. The bill is due.
>back when we thought FEMA was gonna be putting people in boxes.
Oh man, good times. I was in that collapse space from like 2010 to like 2014.
>but you never hear about it. they rounded them all up and put them in camps in America.
They already do this if you look hard enough. They work day and night to scrub people's names off the internet. Effective dissidents either live in poverty or live in a 3rd world shoebox at best. The ones who think that they're raging against the system while making a doctor's salary are promoted to accomplish some other part of their agenda.

Doing things the old fashioned way is more fun sometimes. I feel bad for people who dont work or never learned any skills tho, they will be forgotten lol

True. Honestly even in that bare essentials mode, there's lot of opportunity and things to do. Many will rope simply because they lose their job. Like the collapse of the Soviet Union where middle aged breadwinners turned to alcoholism, drugs, or just laid down on the train tracks. The psychological blow can be every bit as powerful as a physical problem.

Yeah lol based. My wifes dad lost his job and just started selling DVDs of foreign films

That's pretty based. What kind of films?

Probably comedies mostly. When the Soviet Union fell people discovered a lot of French and American comedy

I did here there was a Russian guy who made bank after the fall of the Soviet Union by taking the Warhammer models, getting a Chinese supplier to make them, and sold them for like 3% of what they sell for in the West.

The U.S. is a disgusting game and the government are the game-masters. Everything is how it is as per their design. You suffer years through government school and at 18 you're poor and fucking useless to the world unless you went out of your way to learn a skill (nobody tells you to do this, nobody told me anyways). Before moving on, I really want to say that government school is bullshit. Working at school for free is lunacy and you aren't being prepared for "the real world" whatsoever. So yeah, then you're cast out into the world aimlessly expected to go to college or work at a really fucking shitty job in your town that isn't paying a liveable wage and the privilege of your own shelter is so goddamn expensive for no good reason.

It's taken me a long time to get a handle on life and I blame the government entirely.

Yea, it's just a protection racket at this point, pretending to do good.

tfw you realize it won't collapse

Attached: 1546941346897.png (499x561, 179.57K)

>collapse
You underestimate how much winging shit sustains a society.

Only possible if you have the resources or if you exist at a low level. Like functionally societies of the ancient world collapsed but they looked a lot different and for many their lives weren't all that different. Peasant farmer to peasant farmer. Certainly less safe and secure than before.
We've reached the limits, we're in the endgame. We're far enough along to see we've peaked, we're looking in the rear view mirror.

Probably in the last 5 years, just learning about history and civilization collapse and how they rebuild about every couple hundred years.
We have plenty of energy that we could probably use infinitely but nope, better to use it to trundle people to their pathetic office wage slave jobs.
Its just these little things lite Evergiven etc, if even their was a disruption in the supply of oil everything would just drop. So much stuff has to be running like clockwork for this system to work, I think it will break within about 20 to 30 years.
A litre of petrol can do the work of 20 men for an hour, we basically have this magic fluid and we are literally burning it cutting grass and blowing leaves around. We are like that island that cut down every single tree. Its like the tragedy of the commons, you can't reduce your usage because someone else will just take the resources.

Collapse won't be too horrible, you just won't be able to get cheap chinese electronics delivered within days, you will use the same technology for 30 years, getting bruised fruit will be normal, you will walk a lot more. Poorer people will probably live in work houses.

If there are any future historians they will look with bewilderment at how we spent those resources. I mean I was an essential worker during the lockdowns and like 90% of people were off the road. It was wonderful. So that many people literally don't need to drive and yet they're forced to.