If you were sent to an isekai would you accept it or think that you didn't deserve it...

if you were sent to an isekai would you accept it or think that you didn't deserve it, or that there is a hidden price to pay?
i want to be strong enough to deserve my desires

Attached: 10pl_500.jpg (500x500, 51.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arkavite.com/harahel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I am sent as person with powers that would be the most ideal. But if I'm not, I'll just find a way.to kill myself so I don't starve to death

what would the isekai be about?

>If I am sent as person with powers that would be the most ideal.
this is what i mean. if you were just handed a fantasy life, would you accept it at face value for free?

>I'll just find a way.to kill myself so I don't starve to death
why? do you think that life in a new world would be worse? i wonder how many robots would want to return to this life if they isekaied

what would you want it to be? i

Attached: 4bf7a90e_400.jpg (338x338, 39.43K)

>would you accept it
What does that mean? Do i have a choice here? I don't understand, since in isekai you typically get thrown there whether you want to or not, and while in a lot of anime its a power fantasy, it really would suck in all likelyhood, even with superpowers unless it's high fantasy enough to approximate modern comforts for the broad distribution of people and had much better social equality than feudal systems in real life.

Honestly i wish isekai would draw more from ancient history than medieval. Magic imperialor republic of rkme or maybe the city states and Carthage or Troy, Thermopile etc. i mean westerners already realize how much cooler and more advanced and interesting those time periods were than the middle ages.

>What does that mean?
if you were sent to another world and told you were some destined hero just like in your anime or your movies, would you trust it? would you trust a fantasy that was handed to you? it really does add a new layer of uncertainty to your life.
as much as i wish my body were different, if i did transform into my ideal self with no real explanation or control, i would constantly feel at the mercy of fate, that my fortune could be taken away just as easily at any moment

>it really would suck in all likelyhood, even with superpowers
like real life, it probably depends on yourself and your social standing

>Honestly i wish isekai would draw more from ancient history than medieval.
now that you mention it, i wonder why fantasy drew from medieval more than ancient times. it seems almost obvious to associate adventure and fantasy with the middle ages, but why?
i don't think isekai is about the time period. i think it's about the adventure, mystery, heroism, and the pretty scenery

Attached: E34kM_CWYAMdUHM.jpg (640x480, 63.09K)

"deserving" what happens to you based on luck is purely nonsense. I would accept being in a utopia since it's all I can do and emotionally I don't even see myself as a bad person who wouldn't deserve it.

Attached: 1650365327607.jpg (338x474, 19.22K)

i guess it is no different from questioning why one was born as who they are.

>emotionally I don't even see myself as a bad person who wouldn't deserve it.
i don't feel like i deserve to be who i want to be. i want to believe i can do anything i set my mind to, the ultimate expression of control

>I would accept being in a utopia
what is utopia to you?

Attached: keki.jpg (800x715, 87.51K)

There HAS to be a hidden price to pay
Getting used to life without modern comforts is a given, whatever forces sent me there could be an even bigger prick and send me in without any tolerance to local diseases and carrying earth grown to really fuck everyone up.
I'd hope to god I'm sent in with my Twin Brother. I can let go of everyone else in this world, but If I don't have him no second chances are worth it.

Have you ever heard of Harahel OP? /Trash/ has regular threads on it. I always try to make a MAX Charisma Ugly Bastard, go for a Harem and a quiet life.
arkavite.com/harahel/

I think you're expecting too much out of the Isekai genre. Most isekai anime are horny comedy power fantasies. Honest to god you maybe more interested in late 1800's-early 1900's fantasy. While of course he wasn't the first, most fantasy authors felt the need to write the main character as an at the time modern stand in to be tossed into a new fantasy world and learn about it along with you. Compare Bilbo to a Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

>if you were sent to another world and told you were some destined hero just like in your anime or your movies, would you trust it?
NTA but I'd definitely not trust it, it'd probably be some world like Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road or some shit where they just want me dead

Attached: 1627156952481.jpg (1511x890, 558.6K)

>why one was born as who they are
Exactly. Like asking why you were born with the parents you have, in this time period, being in a developed country, your personality and intelligence, etc. None of that was up to you. I think free will is an illusion.
>what is utopia to you?
If it's isekai it's basically a guaranteed utopia. Tons of beautiful girls are chasing you who actually like you for you. They don't have wretched personalities. You're not dealing with the monotonous, boring, and dreadful problems of the real world. Everything is new and colorful and beautiful and lively and interesting.

Attached: 1646597143148.png (421x460, 270.49K)

>can't even be happy in your own fantasies
holy shit OP you and your subconscious are massive cucks, how'd that happen exactly?

>what would you want it to be?
The age of discovery except it's a timeline where gunpowder was never discovered.

>There HAS to be a hidden price to pay
in most things that are achievable in our real world, we know the price that must be paid. sometimes literally in dollar value, other times metaphorically in effort and risk, but many things in life can't be bought

>Getting used to life without modern comforts is a given,
game worlds which greatly romanticize it. curing illnesses is just drinking a magic potion, crafting shelter takes no skill or struggle from you, it's just pure fun with no stakes

>Have you ever heard of Harahel OP?
nope

an organization using a powerful person for their own use is a common trope

>If it's isekai it's basically a guaranteed utopia
well, that depends on the world. you're describing a game like world of adventure and wonder. game worlds were designed to be good and perfect.

because my fantasies involve me being someone else, someone i don't think i deserve to be. and i have so many fantasies the only consistent vision is who i want to become.

what would such a world look like?

Attached: ek98d1zdah971.png (569x299, 220.74K)

I would try to be as discrete as possible and try to understand the world I'm dropped in so I never have to go through the awkwardness of explaining to a stranger what happened. The worst part of any Isekai is the cringe protagonist.

the hardest part is what if you do not understand their language? you can't make any assumptions at all about the world if it really is a different world

Attached: W3Vn31_a-Ui3Jlmaw_f5sNu6P8Ua8kjXu2dzvicWkq8.png (500x750, 149.1K)

That's why you observe silently for a while. If you realize they don't speak your language, you pretend to be mute or dumb. Keep observing and playing this role until you understand it.

Alternatively, just live as a hermit in the wilderness so you don't have to deal with socializing.

>what would such a world look like?
An interesting aspect is that firearms became commonplace right around the time that plate armor was near indestructible against swords and arrows.
So, the Ottoman Empire wouldn't be as powerful as it was irl, Europeans would still be able to colonize the Americas because diseases would wipe the natives out, but Africa and Asia would be harder to conquer due to lack of tech advantages. The Hussite wars would have resulted in total catholic victory because the Czech Hussites would be lacking firearms.
Noble retinues would start to become more common. We'd see smaller and more professional European armies instead of commoners conscripted and given firearms, the Landsknecht's and Tercio's effective "pike and shot" tactics would never become commonplace. The well-drilled and expensive army of Charles the Bold of Burgundy would become replicated all over Europe.

Attached: 800px-Young_man_in_armor,_by_Peter_Paul_Rubens.jpg (800x1036, 214.16K)

arent you that guy who wants to troon out
cant you just kys already

Cont.
Correction, Swiss mercenaries would also stay relevant since they were cheap and could pull off upset victories against better opponents. But I could see their pikemen being countered by Longbows or Crossbows instead of being crushed into irrelevance by pike and shot tactics.