I'm half 20s of age...

I'm half 20s of age, did well in the stock market for a while and financially retired for a frugal life a year or two after finishing my college degree. I didn't do well in school.
My parents saved 30K up for me when I was 18 and added 20K after my degree. I thought I would be happier when I had enough money to not work (I've never wanted to work so I never have) but I still feel miserable and isolated. Which takes me back here, I guess.

Attached: 7uqigVc[1].png (477x480, 296.14K)

A man needs some kind of work to fulfill themselves. That doesn't mean to become a wage slave, but this could be a chance to pursue the arts. Strive to work on something every day, writing or painting or making music, and if you grind at it, you will find the time flies by and you can be satisfied that you are working on something.

I'm similar.
I'm 23 and about to retire on my passive income, but I live alone, and regularly go months without speaking to another human being.

I have all the money I want, all the freedom I want, but I spend most of my days completely miserable and having panic attacks because of the isolation

I do, just not arts... I have developed a stress disorder because I got bullied as a kid and my mother is a narcissist sociopath. I'm physically and mentally unable to relax at all times... I don't play guitar as often as I used to because I don't get as much pleasure from it anymore because my brain doesn't see it as "productive" or whatever. I spend my days reading annual reports and learning asian languages...

I'm trying to learn more about epicureanism... "The absence of pain and freedom from fear are the greatest pleasures in life."

Attached: Epikur_Statue[1].jpg (977x1200, 86.67K)

I read a novella recently, "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich," depicting a random day in the life of a gulag prisoner during his ten years of imprisonment. In it, he says one of his favorite parts of the day is when he was forced to do manual labor, because it passes the time away, and it gives him something tangible to cling onto. Like he is forced to build things in the middle of a blizzard, but he can take pride in the fact he is making something, that the success of the thing being built is because of his hands, that he chooses not to half-ass it because he has nothing else to do but make it good, and that gives him purpose to survive one more day.

Maybe you need something like that. Something physical and tangible to work on. What you're doing right now is "studying," but you're not "creating," if that makes sense. Sure, you can sit there and study an asian language or read a report, but what do you have after that but knowledge? What is there for you to cling onto? What have you built or strived for after all that time?

You're gonna have infinite time, what else are you gonna do? Post frogs on this board all day?

>what else are you gonna do? Post frogs on this board all day?
probably

Jokes aside, not many people in first world "service based" countries build physical things but they are still happy.
I'm looking for a soulmate but given my traumatic history I don't really connect with people... I've never invited any of my irl friends (small group) to my place because I don't feel comfortable watching behind my back all the time and sharing the deeper parts of me (I'm a very private person). I've known them for 10 years now...
I've also quit therapy a few months ago

>50k
>enough money to not work
can you live off 50k indefinitely? i have around 100k in savings and i still feel like i can't retire

I did well in stocks with that money, and I live in a rich EU country

how tf do you retire at 23? Did you have nice parents?

My parents have always told me to get fucked when it came to help and when I turned 18, to gtfo of the house and I've been miserably poor for nearly 20 years with no hope for a future at all

OP here, for me it was this:
>50K from parents
>30% CAGR
>live in rich EU country
my parents and friends think I'm a NEET living on neetbux from the govt but I probably make more than most of them

I got lucky with a mixture of crypto/non means tested welfare, It's not a fortune and I have to move to the lowest cost of living region in my country to make it work, but it's better than wageslaving.
I would seriously encourage all guys on here to try and get on any welfare program you can. If you have a mental disability or severe illness, a lot of these programs will support you forever.

I don't understand the mentality of parents like that. The world is brutal any no one can make it anymore without support from family or the government. Parents refusing to help their kids is like a death sentence

that's pretty based. the 2010s made a lot of people rich off crypto.
i was stupid and only started investing last year, so the 20k i put into crypto is now 10k

i make over 150k and live in america, i don't think they will ever let me go on welfare

Living cost relative to earnings per hour of work is cyclical. Our great grand parents were fucked, our grandparents got paid big time for hard work and it was very hard not to do reasonably well for our parents if they had a job and some common sense for capital allocation. Nowadays you have to work hard, get paid shit and have a good sense of common sense (which is ironically very uncommon) involving capital allocation.

I don't collect crypto. I call it collecting because gambling ticks some people off. It's not investing, it's a result of a speculative economic bubble similar to the tulip mania in the netherlands back in the day.
If you have to make money off of other people buying it from you, it is not investing. A good investment is something where if you were to own 100% of the thing you bought, you'd be happy to never sell it.

Where do you get 30% are you aware we are in a recession now?
Are you 7fig + nw?

i have normal, reasonable investments as well
crypto is a gamble and we all know it. i just came in too late. if i did the exact same thing i did but a few years earlier i would have been a millionaire, but i missed that boat

6 figures
I look for small companies internationally that look like dog shit with hidden off balance sheet items that have proven high value
Now I also look at commodity operating companies (not commodities trading, different thing!) that are misunderstood or have such low volume that it's not interesting for people with tens of millions plus to put money into.

>It's not investing, it's a result of a speculative economic bubble similar to the tulip mania in the netherlands back in the day.

Holy npc tier. Yeah bro this 13 year old market is totally the same as some random shit that happened in a part of a small country hundreds of years ago and lasted a few weeks.
Everythings in a massive bubble that has been growing since 2008 if you haven't noticed.

Interesting but are you sure your success is replicable in a bear market and wasn't just predicated on the fact that we've been in the end stages of the biggest bubble in history for the past years?
Look at the SP500 and compare the current bubble to the dotcom bubble or 2008.

not everything, just the large american indeces
history doesn't repeat itself, mankind does, and bubble can emerge in any shape or form
dutch east india company was in a bubble once too, like many high growth tech stocks have been now
if you can't calculate how much you would have received in 2021 from owning 100% of something you bought and held (with that I mean cash flow attributed to the owners of the company) then it's not an investment

there's no way of knowing, but from what I've seen my returns are quite uncorrelated to US indeces, I suppose it's both because it's mostly international, smaller companies and because I look for return on things that big data crunchers can't data mine

>that big data crunchers can't data mine
anything you can think of i'm sure some hedge fund with more insider info can as well

i've heard that many traders lose their money because their strategy stops working but they don't adapt

but i think i just got really unlucky. i have this ability to buy everything at the top

Housing, stocks, crypto, bonds are all in massive bubbles and it's not gonna be pretty.
Whatever normie tier drivel on what is or isn't an investment you regurgitate doesn't change the fact that crypto had outperformed every other investment during the entirety of his gigantic bubble by a ridiculous factor and will continue to do so if the markets are going to be risk on again.

Also to add to that, defi is a thing and you could have earned an easy 5-10% on your BTC (more for riskier crypto) by using it to provide liquidity somewhere. There's your cashflow.

big hedge funds have to deploy large amounts of capital, they explicitly exclude low volume because it's not worth the invested time looking for value if you can only deploy tens of thousands
the international stock market is also very very big, and believe it or not, not many people operate with common sense and attempt to reach month to month performance
not all countries have the same accounting standards or reporting standards which makes it very difficult to normalize the data
I graduated in computer science so I'd know

Well have you achieved the same profitability this year since the FED started being hawkish and markets took a beating? It's going to get worse too with QT around the corner.