Does anyone here go to uni in australia?

does anyone here go to uni in australia?
i really want some weird friends, ppl who get me better
everyone here is like, just super normal and i feel like there's a disconnect, i can't stand it

Attached: miker_sui.png (691x410, 78.78K)

>does anyone here go to uni in australia?
Ah, yes. Australia has one (1) university.

i'm being ambiguous cause i don't wanna write my uni just yet, lol
also i'm pretty sure what i said was grammatically correct

How the fuck are you in uni?
>i'm being ambiguous cause i don't wanna write my uni just yet, lol
>i really want some weird friends, ppl who get me better
Yes goober, you're going to find friends by asking who attends a uni in a certain country.
>Hey, I want friends does anyone here attend a university in America?

I live in the 510* northern suburbs of Adelaide. How the FUCK are you going to find friends if you wont even mention a fucking state.

where abouts, are you in sydney? i just started uni this year in one of the syd locale schools, maybe we could be friends?

australia only has a handful of real population centres unlike america
i'm in nsw, but there was already like a pretty large chance anyone who responded to this thread would be too
i'm in canberra, but i come back to syndey sometimes :)
i'm prolly gonna for a few weeks, for holidays

>i'm in canberra, but i come back to syndey sometimes :)
oh awesome. what are you majoring in?
also, i agree. everyone at my uni gets super uncomfortable when i try to talk to them or are just too normie. its so dead and genuinely like walking around an npc hub lol

>there was already like a pretty large chance anyone who responded to this thread would be too
And so, because you posted which uni you attend, someone's going to hunt you down? What?

I just googled it: there are four fucking universities in Canberra alone, but I guess you're only 18

legit, whenever i talk about something even slightly weird they just look at me like a freak, so i've been super mentally pent up
i'm doing computer science tho :)
wbu?

idk man, i'm paranoid, cry about it
why do you care so much?
lol

agreed - but i find that it's easy to suss out people that are good to talk to online, especially if your uni has a discord server or something. mine does, and i've been able to meet up with a few people from there with common interests. no clue about how to go about it irl though.
also i'm going for civil engineering

that's really based, also the uni discord super sucks, like super normie tier, and i can't stand it
i've scantily met a single person that's like fun and weird, it sucks
btw what kind of weird are you?
i'm like, kinda schizo and depressive and an alcoholic

I'm in Brisbane. I can relate. In my first year and a half-ish I tried to appear approachable and friendly but that just made me seem awkward so I fell back on my late high school strategy of learning to not give a fuck and to actively look down on the people around me. That's kind of made things more chill and I've been lucky to make friends with some older students who I sit and chat with in class. Older male students are pretty chill. Sit with them when you can. Makes class less lonely.

What I'm struggling with because my degree is interested in elements of arts and social studies is just being surrounded by pretentious artsy fartsy fags. I can't stand those kinds of people. Hipster types if you know what I mean. They make me cringe. Maybe I should learn to stop being so judgemental. I don't know. I hate being around them anyway.

Australia unis are half chink

yeah it blows so hard, i have some fun friends but nobody i'd say really "gets me", which is a real struggle
i can be amicable and make friends, i just kinda don't want too, esp when most ppl just suck
so i've kinda been isolating a lot recently
what year are you? i'm first year

>btw what kind of weird are you?
the type of messed up enough to be on r9k despite going to school in the city
i relate to your description but not severely

before covid wasn't it like half of all uni apartments were owned overseas? and a majority of that half were empty too

that's interesting, sorry if i'm kinda dull rn, i've recently sustained a head injury, so i'm super tired
you got a disc or something?

Third year. That's interesting you say you don't really want to make friends. I've been thinking about similar things lately. The idea of friends seems nice when you frame isolation as a bad thing and tell yourself you want to get away from loneliness. But thinking about all the responsibilities of maintaining friendships or relationships in general, it doesn't seem like the sort of thing I would be good at. I enjoyed having friends in school because that was just dicking around as a stupid adolescent. As an adult, expectations for friendships are so much higher. And I look at myself and what I'm interested in and what makes me happy, and none of it would appeal as a social draw to other people. So I think I'm just gonna go monk mode in life to be honest and be alone forever while I indulge in my niche hobbies and seek spiritual fulfilment or something. It seems comfy when I think about it that way instead of caving to social pressure and looking at loneliness as a bad thing.

oh, lol
then i'd assume you probably aren't interested in my friendship, so i'll wish you best of luck!!
pls try and maintain some relationships tho, just in case you end up regretting it, yk?

>Tfw I live in NSW and never went to uni becasue I'm a dumbass

Attached: 1648439663662.jpg (781x752, 42.66K)

i'm rly stupid too, i only got in on early entry, lol
so dw, plus i'll prolly drop out