Is this more than just a memebook, or is it actually legit and different from all the crap that normalshits spew?

is this more than just a memebook, or is it actually legit and different from all the crap that normalshits spew?

Attached: 9780091906818-2504890043.jpg (1516x2408, 849.43K)

It's less about attaining friendships and more about getting people to do things for you which I guess can be useful. Depends on what you're really looking for.

It's just firm handshake boomerisms

its pretty legit if you "get it", most people here dont it seems because theyre narcissistic egoists and think their character needs no improvement anyway and its others that are in the wrong and should change
the book is pretty much just about becoming a better person, like compliment people, give constructive criticism, acknowledge their issues and so on, not rocket science but something most people dont even think about so it really sets u apart if u follow his advice

Spoken like a real Machiavellian.
You're a parasite on society, regardless of your status. Fuck you and your kind.

Attached: mydadirl.jpg (640x781, 84.93K)

I used to work for a pyramid scheme and my boss loved this book. My advice is to avoid people who push this like the plague.

I read it in high school. It's quite insightful. It secretly teaches you how to be a better person.

It is a meme. People determine how they feel about you based on your physical appearance and then interpret your words and actions to fit that initial impression.

>Spoken like a real Machiavellian
dark triad chad here, ill take it as a compliment

this book made me realize life was a meme
you just have to dig a little and realize he was a conman but it's such a trump prosperity cult type book and it will live to meme again no doubt

Die for me uggo

>dark triad chad here
Please go the fuck outside

Attached: 6ca.png (645x973, 49.94K)

>DARK TRIAD CHAD
Lmao what a fucking larp

>how to behave like a psychopath
These books offend me on a guttural level. I know someone who reads this shit religiously, and I don't feel like I can trust him. I don't know who he is under all of that acting.

>like compliment people, give constructive criticism,
If you mean it. Otherwise you're a liar, and I don't want to be your friend.

I've read the first few chapters, its advice makes sense and I'm not surprised the same self centered retarded the book advises you not to be ironically has issues with understanding the content.
It's central point seems to be "most people are selfish egoists; exploit this knowledge"

I don't want to exploit people at all. I want to communicate honestly with my equals.

>I don't want to exploit people at all. I want to communicate honestly with my equals.
Well the problem with that is communication is a two way street and in the majority of cases people don't give a FUCK about YOU.
Also, you're not exploiting people you're exploiting the knowledge they care about themselves more than you. Something so incredibly obvious, but for some reason a lot of idiots think others care about them and their problems for no reason.

The book actually works. Next time you want to strike up a conversation just keep asking questions about them. Near guaranteed they will barely ask any questions about you, and they will still enjoy talking to you despite them basically carrying the conversation.
t. employed this strategy on a night out on a few strangers

I can only do that if I really care. Otherwise I feel bad that I'm faking intrigue, and I feel like they can tell anyway. Also, if I find out someone is pretending to care about things I say, but they actually don't, I can never trust that person the same way again. All I see is the mask.

>I can only do that if I really care.
You don't have to care, though. It's literally so easy you could probably write a script for it:
-what do you do for a living?
--do you enjoy it?
--I've heard x, about it. Is that true?
--Wow that sounds tough/boring, is it really though?
--So what's the average day like?
-where are you from?
--do you like it there?
--what is there to do around there?
--oh you're not from around here? how long are you staying/been here?

>Otherwise I feel bad that I'm faking intrigue, and I feel like they can tell anyway.
It's not fake if you're asking questions as they actually come to mind, because the fact you thought of the question means the question is sincere.

>Also, if I find out someone is pretending to care about things I say, but they actually don't
If they asked a question it means they on some level care, unless the interaction is literally forced by a 3rd party.

I've read it. And it only helped me get acquaintances I would have made regardless. Fuck Dale Carnegie

>You don't have to care, though.
No, I really do. I can't be dishonest with people. I hate it on a base level.
>If they asked a question it means they on some level care,
Or it means they're buttering me up to get something out of me, which is what this book teaches.

>I can't be dishonest with people.
The other party in the conversation likely doesn't care ( unless you're being dishonest about the benefits they will accrue )
>Or it means they're buttering me up to get something out of me, which is what this book teaches.
That's not what it teaches at all actually. In fact it's pretty explicitly against this. There's a section specifically about negotiations by telling the person how they will benefit from giving you what you want. That's not "buttering up", that's literally how a cooperation works.

Your issue is that you're one of the selfish people who only care about how YOU feel. If both parties benefit, and you didn't offend the other person why in the fuck should you or them care about how "sincere" you were in the conversation?

This. Basically, if you ask people about that themselves to get them to like you better, magically you're being more friendly and sociable, which gets people to like you more anyway, meaning you start actually caring about people and by that point you're only coming to this godforsaken website 3 times a year or so.
tldr "How to be a normie"

Because it's not real. I can't perpetuate a culture of lying.

>Because it's not real. I can't perpetuate a culture of lying.
You're dumb if you don't realize the vast majority of human communication is just finagling for current or future benefits.

This is where the fun part starts. If you do it enough, what you'll eventually come to realize is that you actually DO start to care about people genuinely and asking the questions will come out of an actual personal interest. By doing this you actually just become a nicer and more caring person.