Jeez, hobbies are expensive

I wanna get out of the house so fucking bad right now and do fun shit. Spring and summer are my favorite seasons, but

>all exciting cool hobbies like down mountain biking, martial arts, photography, racing classes, travel, etc are almost prohibitively expensive
>most free hobbies require extensive physical and practical training (hiking, backpacking, camping, etc)
>all free hobbies that dont require physical training require friends such as urban exploration

Literally you can't do shit with your youth unless you have money and most young people dont have that much money. What am I expected to do about this shit? I have been working out but I won't be truly Any Forums until maybe September and by then everything will be cold and shitty again

Attached: 019.png (610x591, 191.85K)

you either make it or you don't. I don't what else you expect to hear. If you die of boredom then thats just natural selection.

nothing you said here is helpful

>If you die of boredom then thats just natural selection.
Do you even know what natural selection means? LMAO

Pick up gardening or plants. Very rewarding, easy, you can spend as much as you wish each month. Most girls like plants and trading saplings and seeds with friends or through a gardening community is a good social experience

what are you talking about?
bikes cost like 10 bucks, assuming you don't get one for free at a garage sale
my camera cost me 40 bucks on ebay

same with fishing supplies and camping

Attached: P1120450.jpg (1000x750, 249.63K)

OP is posting on a toaster powered by a potato that he had to spend 1/3 of his montly pay

My question is why do people assume outdoor hobbies are more worthwhile than me reading books and playing vidya?

>hiking requires extensive physical and practical training
You are just fat? Rationalize harder. Go outside and walk and you're already there. You don't have to summit Everest to "hike".

>bikes cost like 10 bucks, assuming you don't get one for free at a garage sale
Maybe because its dangerous to buy a shitty bike. have you been downhill biking? You want a strong frame for that shit

>my camera cost me 40 bucks on ebay
Some people dont want to film with shit cameras user, most photographers dont

you can pick up older DH bikes pretty cheap because no one wants them anymore (too heavy wrong size wheels)

Attached: p4pb8926905.jpg (800x533, 218.64K)

>Go outside and walk and you're already there

I am already training, i dont know why you are being antagonistic

That said, hiking is boring anyways

thank you for the constructive replay user, i'll look into it

how about make applying to higher paying jobs a hobby fucking poorfag

>Some people dont want to film with shit cameras user, most photographers dont
everyone's got to start somewhere man. You can still practice the craft on a shitty camera, and if you cared about the hobby beyond it being a status symbol, you would.

stop being a fag. Life is all about making the best out of what you have and so far you give everybody in this thread that turn everything you touch to shit.

I make decent money but I had a bunch of emergencies this month and last. I wont be able to spendthrift again until late June

>Life is all about making the best out of what you have

and clearly he's asking how to do that, which you werent doing. man i miss old Any Forums, OP would have been filled in and on his way by now. these days its a bunch of sociopaths

Go to local events and walk around aimlessly or read obscure information online until you have money to spend again. You can also volunteer! Volunteering is free and helps the community and will also give you something to do until your finances recover. Then you can go to the gym and get lessons

Attached: 1629645750889.jpg (1600x2014, 298K)

>You want a strong frame for that shit
just pay more if you want to do extreme shit otherwise just go slow on your cheap one
also bikes aren't like cars, you're not gonna get bamboozled and find a part of it is worn out or defective, just look at it for 10 seconds and you know all you need about it

>Some people dont want to film with shit cameras user
it's not a shit camera

Attached: P1110706.jpg (1000x750, 265.37K)

I'm just acting in kind. You're shooting down things that could work in the same sentence you bring them up. Re-evaluate what you really want.

why are you continuously bitching and coping that your 'advice' was inadequate dude? you gave shit advice. deal with it and say something helpful or fuck off

Im not going to wipe his ass. If he wants to do something then he needs to do it all by himself. Do your own homework OP. Either find a way to save money, earn more money or learn more patience and how to save money.

Going outdoors implies good health & social opportunities. Also just a holdover from the 'internet is for nerds' era, I think this stigma is disappearing now. It depends what you do though, video games aren't really a hobby, it's just entertainment that basically everyone engages with at this point. Reading is a good one, I don't think anyone will judge you for that. But do you have anything productive to show for your time? If you spend all day at a computer & collecting knowledge, you should be directing some of that energy into something creative or functional, or people will ask what you've been doing.

No. I don't want to help you.

check out places like freecycle, facebook marketplace, thrift stores, and craigslist.
sometimes you can find cheap things for hobbies.

I have watched an unfathomable amount of anime and have not spent a single dime doing so

>If he wants to do something then he needs to do it all by himself
So you could have said

"im not going to help you because the solution should be magicked out of your ass like a REEL MAN(tm)"

OP here. I collect alarm clocks from thrift stores but...again..that costs money

like i said man there were multiple emergencies. i did save it just wiped out my savings

>OP would have been filled in and on his way by now. these days its a bunch of sociopaths
people are trying and getting shot down. advice isn't wrong just because you don't like it.

you might be able to find them for cheap at swap meets/flea markets and garage sales, too.

sometimes thrift stores have prices that are stupid high.
garage sales and flea markets have really cheap prices.