Why is everyone so fucking negative and irony poisoned...

Why is everyone so fucking negative and irony poisoned? Every time I show a friend something I like or tell them something I'm enthusiastic about, they just shit on it "ironically" or "as a joke". I'm sick of it, I can't talk to anyone seriously and calmly about stuff I like. All of my friends are these ironic dudes who keep making self-loathing jokes all the time and have no actual interests. Everyone is so goddam negative, my life sucks as well but it's okay, I keep trying and remain optimistic and happy about the future.

Attached: 20220528_155108.png (830x630, 36.33K)

You need new friends.

I guess so. Everytime I meet new people we either don't click in terms of likes or they're the negative kind.
Starting to think that I'm the problem.

was stuck in a friend group like that for 7 years. things got so bad that i had a legitimate excuse to cut all contact. lifes been 10x better since. when you're out of that environment for a while you'll see what losers your friends are and never want to go back.

I suppose I'll give it a try, thank you user.

Just accept that nobody will ever care about your interests, at moat they'll fake it which is arguably even worse. Why would you want to share it with someone who isn't into it anyway? I think you're an attention whore

Attached: 4EF2D17F-5E79-43E4-BBCA-853B7382E53C.jpg (1402x2048, 190.38K)

You're miserable and I feel sad about you. I hope you find happiness soon.

I hope you realize you don't need other people to pursue your own interests. How do you even do that, do you just monologue at them?

Attached: 521B7F22-81EC-4063-9024-09F367E22442.jpg (1274x1800, 943.97K)

Most painful shit, especially when you finally try and break out of your "fuck everybody" mode and be nice only to be shot down and made fun of.

That's why I don't "come out of my shell"

Attached: 085b0cddceb7ed8a36611ec4828d81e10bad11191a47a58637b23dda8aa3d90a_.jpg (881x676, 96.58K)

I know this feel.
Good frens are hard to find, that's why I have none.

What the fuck are you talking about? I am already pursuing my interests, I just can't share them with anyone without people being negative or weird.
Yeah exactly. I tell myself all the time that I should be positive even if people are assholes but everytime I am, I just get negative and snaeky responses.
Maybe I should try seeking for more people, but I truly don't know where or how. I'll still try tho

Have you played Rainworld?

It's my favorite game! I'm replaying it with modded regions while I wait for the DLC.

yeah i was planning on getting back to it after my exams and playing the downpour dlc
Since you like rainworld you should also try Noita

Dude I love Noita! I've played too much and now I can't really enjoy it anymore but I love it so much. I tried speedrunning it and I did pretty good too.

>I just can't share them with anyone
Because they aren't interested in it? Do you expect them to behave like your parents or something?

It has gotten really socially looked down on to be "too enthusiastic" about anything that isn't sports or celebrity related. Especially when you past 20 and male.

What kind of life do you live to end up being so bitter

I'm bitter? You're the one complaining

It sounds like your friends are really bitter.

user, you can share the stuff you like with your friends. I love hearing people talk about what they enjoy, even if I don't know anything about it. My little sister talks to me about her kpop stuff which I hate but I still listen to her and ask her about it usually. Why do you think you shouldn't share the things you like with others if they're harmless?
Is that the case? Maybe people think I'm too childish

>Is that the case?
I am doing a bit of hyperbole, but it sure feels that way.

There are also loads of trolls both online andn real life who seem to get their kicks from doing a
>"No, anything you enjoy is shit and let me tell you why that is!"
song and dance

>Is that the case? Maybe people think I'm too childish
Not that user but it's not really childish to be enthusiastic about something. The only reason it can seem that way is that more and more adults are depressed these days.

It's always been this way. It's about value judgements on the social hierarchy scale. Someone who is just so above it all and doesnt get excited about anything is high value because he values himself above everything else or something stupid like that.

I think they're all fucking faking it. ohhh im so cool man, shut the fuck up, no you arent you're pretending to be disaffected so people like you more. It's all so transparent.

I see.
Yeah that's true, I know I shouldn't be mad at people being assholes just for the sake of it, but man.
That might be it. It's not like I go out there making flower crowns and baking cakes like a Pollyanna, but I'm also not a bitter fuck who hates everything always.
I think you're right, there seems to be this misconception that not giving a shit is cool for some reason? I don't know man but it sucks and I just want to have nice conversations with friends.

>about anything that isn't sports or celebrity related

Name three things