Ask someone with schizophrenia anything

Ask someone with schizophrenia anything.

Attached: 1652890733136.jpg (849x1200, 322.47K)

Are you superstitious?
Do you live in the past?
Are you insightful about the future?

ive been diagnosed with schizophrenia recently
what am I in for
also how did the psychiatrist diagnose you

IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN! IM INSIDE YOUR WALLS, RUN!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45.36K)

>Are you superstitious?
I think everyone is superstitous probably. In their own special little way. I don't think my universal beliefs are too different from most people.
>Do you live in the past?
I suppose. I want to return to the past when I was happy and I fantasize about it a fair amount.
>Are you insightful about the future?
I'm not an insightful person.

If you've been diagnosed the worst is probably behind you. You are in for more of whatever got you diagnosed in the first place.
I got diagnosed by referral to a psychiatrist.

Attached: 1647982440999.jpg (280x325, 25.79K)

do you hear the voices in your head or is it more like your internal monologue is turning against you?

I don't hear voices in my head. I hear voices in my ear. Most people hear an actual voice. Hence "hearing voices".
>internal monologue turning against you
Wouldn't that just be yourself being angry at yourself. That just sounds more like you have negative thoughts you're in control of considering it's your own inner monologue you have control of.

Attached: 1646447283227.jpg (2479x3507, 1.05M)

I've come across schizophrenic people who said they hear voices, I guess I shouldn't assume you are the same maybe every person is different
>Wouldn't that just be yourself being angry at yourself.
that is assuming there is only one side to your personality - for example I had really bad fears of past mistakes catching up to me, no matter how much I tried to tell those thoughts to shut the fuck up or drown them out with alcohol they wouldn't go away
the only thing that helped was cutting ties with everyone I knew, giving up on my career and shutting myself in, now I'm a failure but at least I'm not freaking out at every waking moment

? I didn't say I didn't hear voices. I do. They're just not "in my head" or something like that. It's like someone talking to me.
>that is assuming there is only one side to your personality
? I don't understand how your inner monologue is seperate from yourself. Sure the thoughts may be uncontrollable but I doubt they're completely seperate.
I feel you on the failure thing. At least you're not freaking out. Probably better (?) mental health that way.

Attached: 1638062141377.png (178x166, 39.99K)

What letter does your name start with?
is it S?

Nah. J.
Why do you ask?

Attached: 1635932936061.png (234x234, 69.56K)

know of a girl that is schizo and starts with S lol

do the schizophrenia gets worse when you are hungover?

Aw man that sucks for her.
It doesn't get worse when I'm hungover. Of course I'm naturally gonna feel like shit and apathetic which I guess (?) could make negative symptoms worse but I don't see a difference.

Attached: 1647499908988.jpg (826x871, 40.95K)

What does it actually mean to have schizophrenia? What are your symptoms?

yeah she talked about it getting worse after drinking.
do you take meds ?
also if you do what are the effects
and if you dont why not

Generally what it means is that you've exhibited some symptoms that are under the umbrella of schizophrenia. Those symptoms can be pretty stretched. But how people present is totally different.
My symptoms are voices, paranoia, and depression / apathy.
Yeah everybodys experience is different.
I do take medication.
The effects are that they help with voices. Not so much paranoia. Side effects are passing out when I stand up too fast and making me sleep a bunch.
I don't really understand why some people don't take medication. Even if the medication makes you feel like shit, I'd rather feel like shit than be scared all the time. Plus you are less likely to fuck up your life.

Attached: 1647557733822.png (482x473, 307.66K)

yeah thats fair, I did not get into why she didnt take meds, I dont even know if she ever got it officially diagnosed just that she said she saw and heard things.

I used to have insane paranoia idk why it got better.
where are you located ?

Well, if you're seeing and hearing things I think you should get diagnosed.
What was your paranoia like?
American midwest

its usually just when im home alone. like checking rooms if someone is hiding in them, checking multiple times if i actually locked the door, had to check the shower almost everytime i went to the toilet incase someone was hiding there. idk i prob did a lot other things that were weird.
i sometimes wake up seeing things like spiders falling onto my bed or hovering right above my face and only once have i woken up and heard a voice and it was really weird and it was like it was inside my ears even tho i covered my ears in full panic, then i actually woke up in the same position instantly afterwards

idk if i dreamt that i woke up and heard it or if i actually woke up and heard it and lost consciousness and then woke up again in the bed

if that makes sense

>checking locked doors, showers, rooms
Sounds like OCD. my dad has it and he checks those exact things constantly daily.
As for the spiders, those are called hypnopompic hallucinations. It's completely normal to hear voices and see weird things as you're waking up or as you're about to fall asleep.
Yeah makes sense
Either way since it happened right as you woke up you're good
Try looking into hypnopompic and hypnagogic stuff

Attached: 1627439399784.gif (360x640, 1.93M)