Oh wow you play halo?

>whats your favorite?
>4? OMG thats mine too!!
>what rank are you?
>sr-130?! wow you must be pretty good at the game!
>whats your favorite helmet?
>oh.... hazop, huh? wow... ummm... oh shit sorry user I- I forgot I had a umm.. a dentist appointment! yeah a dentist appointment!
>i gotta go.. see you later..
Goddamnit I should've been wearing my mark VI, never again.

Attached: H4 Hazop.png (726x422, 250.46K)

Haloanon, I'm sorry to say this but Halo is dead.

pretty true, even with the new show and the new game. halo had its slice of time

Nononono.. you cant say that man, you cant say that.. infinite just needs a little.. time, yeah, time! In time itll be one of the greatest halos ever.. so what if it had a shit launch with a battle pass full of reach armor that didn't even have ALL the Reach armor.. they'll fix it man haha.. they always do! you just gotta give it time! Oh and um.. Stephen Ford says he'll be making a lore accurate film! Thats gotta be good, right guys? We just gotta wait a little bit longer... thats all...

Attached: 117(30).png (720x400, 310.47K)

IT'S JUST MISSING IN ACTION

The campaign is good! Just wait for the dlc..there will be dlc..right? Its not dead..its not..

well um.. while theres no dlc we can always replay the campaign together! That would be fu- oh.. no co-op campaign.. haha thats fine.. how about we play some infection! We always head fun playing infection! Here let me just load it up an- oh.. umm haha thats weird, infection isn't showing up.. must be bug.. well how about we go play some forge? I bet we could make some crazy maps! or oh! We could recreate Fat Kid! Remember how much fun that was! Here let me just go to forge real quick and- no forge? They're still working on it? Oh................. guess we just have to wait a little longer is all........... shouldn't be too long anyways..... right?

Attached: 1337(8).jpg (720x595, 246.78K)

I passed my childhood with Halo and I was kind of attached but since after Halo 4 it just is going downhill, H:5 was the last I played while of Infinite I just played the multy and felt too "shallow". Didn't touch the campaign because it had too mixed opinions and that gave me a strange feeling, feeling that was later confirmed by how bad the launch overall was, how bad managed the contents roadmap and how much contents the game did lack at launch (no forge? at launch? in Halo?! seriously?), and while the battle pass is not time limited it has become one of the worst battle pass experiences. All this seasoned with a whole lot of technical isssues.
The story doesn't even make that sense without reading the books, something that other Halo games didn't have that much - I mean you can play all the other Halo games without reading the books and still understand what is going on.
>Time
>Time
>Time
It means nothing, there have been other games that with that bit of time took back the community they mostly lost, those companies SHOWED efforts (games like No Man's Sky and Destiny).
What Halo is doing? It's almost a year and the game barely improved, there are still issues, there are still missing contents that always have been in the game originally in the franchise. 343i is doing nothing. The TV show too has too many mixed opinions.
The only people that say the franchise is doing good are the elitist ones that are just covering their eyes, being delusional, and accepting whatever Halo has become while truthfully the game is afloat just because it makes money out of the name. But the soul of Halo is dead.

>Destiny
Thats actually where I went after Halo 4, filled the void pretty damn good and they're still goin in 2. You play any?

Anyways yeah I agree with everything with what you just said, its just such a goddamn shame man. It really could've been one of the greater Halos especially after Halo 5, I mean you would THINK that 343 would learn what would happen if they launched the game at a barebones state. Also who green lit this to launch? I mean I think Microsoft or someone high up eventually tells them " times up" but have they not noticed what happens when you pull something like that? The game usually goes straight to the shitter and gets shat on by everyone. Maybe with time though infinite will grow to be great but for a lot of people its already too late, first impressions are everything now and they really fucked it up, again. Oh well...

Attached: cat ears.jpg (2000x1270, 221.79K)

halo is dead... it's over... we lost

Attached: 34552 (2).png (125x247, 62.22K)

I just play for casual fun on MCC. Mostly BTB on 3 and 2 with the occasional custom games on reach. I played infinite for about 30 hours and it's just not the same as the previous titles. It sucks ass

haha no it isn't... we just have to wait 2 more years is all, then it'll be perfect.... the perfect halo game....

Attached: 117(23).jpg (720x530, 56.23K)

Halo 4 was based. It filtered so many plebs.

>halo 4
Tell me you are an underage newfag who came here from reddit without telling me you are an underage newfag who came here from reddit.

No adult who grew up playing the original trilogy enjoyed 4, just you faggots who came later and tried to grift onto the halo culture, in the same way you grift onto Any Forums culture.

Attached: b1f.jpg (447x400, 40.14K)

Also halo infinite sucks, it's a completely different feeling and playing game with halo models and guns thrown into it, from the campaign to the multiplayer. The only good thing they did was add the grappling hook, and even that was done poorly.

And the story is nonsense and so detached from the other games that it must be set in an alternate universe or something

>it's just not the same
Yep, lets not even talk about how infinite doesn't even have some of the original weapons or how the Reach battle pass doesn't have all the Reach armor but instead have some of it sold in the store.. hazop and jfo come to mind, obviously more that weren't in there though
Halo 4 was.. alright. The campaign was okay I guess from what I remembered and it had some decent customization. Like the roles I think they were called? Pioneer, Rogue, Tracker, Stalker, etc. I actually kinda liked that even if some of the armor was kinda ugly, the sounds were just weird though and the art direction really wasn't that good. Wish we had some stuff like unlocking venerator or armor from beating the legendary campaign in infinite. I mean I think there are some unlockables but theres just not a lot goin on from what I've seen
Halo 4 isn't my favorite it was just a shitpost that I made since halo 4 hazop looks ugly as shit and I thought it was kinda funny, I'd say Reach or 3 is my favorite. Especially since 3 and Reach look way better than 4, I'm really not sure how they managed to make it look worse..
>And the story is nonsense and so detached from the other games
Is the story really that bad? Not asking you to explain or anything but I've heard some good things about it and some bad things of course but it didn't sound like it was completely horrible.

>alright
it was fucking terrible
fuck the romance between chief and cortana, fuck the new bad guys, fuck 343 for removing brutes, drones and engineers, and especially fuck halo 4 for not having any friendly elites at all.

The story is horrible, I could write a novel on how bad it is.

instead of an ace up humanities sleeve who is always behind enemy lines at the right place and time getting the job done but with a lot of support from the unsc behind him,
master chief is now superman, taking an offensive fight to the banished (who are now almost as powerful as the covenant was) and single handedly driving them from a quarter of the ring.

Then there is Cortana,
When halo 5 ended Cortana was in control of the entirety of the forerunners, she had millions of guardian ships each with the power to literally delete worlds
She destroyed earth, conquered almost the entire galaxy, and all that remained of humanity was two ships, the infinity and the spirit of fire.
Cortana had entered the forerunner galactic net thing, upgraded herself to a forerunner level ai, and cured her rampancy.

In halo infinite, you find out in the first mission that humanity somehow hacked the forerunners, put a virus in their galactic spanning network, and deleted Cortana.
Which is so insane that I'm not sure how 343 came up with it.

Then the endless and the flood I won't even get into

I could go on and on, but that's the short of it. They just threw out every single other halos story and changed the power balances as they saw fit.

>Thats actually where I went after Halo 4
Halo 4 to me was truly the end of the franchise and the end of Master Chief, it still felt good somehow and the ending made sense enough: Chief realizing that he is a human and not a machine, that he is John, that also he had emotions.
Chief doesn't necessarily needs to die as some fans would like for him to, he can also retire and choose that that path, the path of an exploited kid transformed into an abomination meant to kill other abominations, is not meant for him anymore. That he can choose his own freedom and beliefs.
And since I barely remember Halo 5 story that ending works fine in my headcanon (at least).
>filled the void pretty damn good and they're still goin in 2. You play any?
Yeah I play Destiny 2, got hooked on it since the very first reveal and name "Bungie" also helped for that. It has its upsides and downs I'm not going to lie about that, and for some time I didn't play (mostly D2 launch and Y1), but the latest years they gained back my trust and the game is generally doing good and has better and clearer direction. It still need some work but the way it is now still manage to do its job. It still is expensive, but personally I don't mind because right now I play only that game so I don't spend on any else game.
One downside is my fault because I am too stupid and "broke" to join a clan and play with other people, I'm trying to do LFGs so at least I don't miss too much.
>its just such a goddamn shame man
I know that, man, I do.

NOT DEAD ITS MIA ITS MIA ITS MIA

halo blood gulch with the rocket hogs is best halo, glitch onto the rim of the map and sniper wars

Attached: image_2022-05-29_151049021.png (480x360, 174.66K)

I remember playing halo 4 with my sister on xbox360. This game was surprisingly my introduction to halo franchise. I also remember countless hours spent on customising my spartan, picking up loadouts, armor and stuff. I played multiplayer a lot with my sister. Sadly, that and Borderlands 2 with minecraft was the only couch multiplayer I could experience. It wasn't that long, but it was long enough for me to be memorable. I just wish I had friends to play on xbox back then (especially when my sister got fed up with games and moved to fucking discord RP)

>and single handedly driving them from a quarter of the ring.
Oh yeah.. I kinda didn't think about that. Just him, the weapon, and some random pilot along with a couple Marines. At least in Halo Wars 2, while cut off from everyone else, they had the spirit of fire, 3 spartan IIs, and a bunch of other shit and people on hand. Here though yeah, kinda crazy
>She destroyed earth
Woah woah woah you mean like, destroyed destroyed? I remember at the end of 5 she just did an emp or something like that. If thats what happened though thats fuckin lame, just like that Earth is gone? Really?
>Cortana had entered the forerunner galactic net thing, upgraded herself to a forerunner level ai, and cured her rampancy.
Probably still batshit crazy for no reason I'm guessing?
>In halo infinite, you find out in the first mission that humanity somehow hacked the forerunners, put a virus in their galactic spanning network, and deleted Cortana.
oh.. umm.. wow, peak writing if true.
>I could go on and on, but that's the short of it.
Thanks man, I preciate it. all that sounds really fucking lame honestly, I might see if I can find a recap video or something to look what went down in detail. Can't wait to see how much they really fucked with everything