Is our civilization in full decadence?

Is our civilization in full decadence?
Consider:
>in the late XIX cntury scientists gave open lectures to the public, to the "educated layman", in institutions like th Royal Academy and stuff. Today we are more likly to have think tanks and private institutions tryjng to sell a garbage product doing a similar lecture, but with broscience instead
>take a textbook or a pop sci book from late XIX or early XX century. They too are made to the educated layman. Where is the educated laymen today?
>this is related to the question of philistines, middle class people that wanted to learn culture superficially or appear to know about culture, which were seen withbad eyes by truly cultured people. We dont have these people today
>BBC was the last breath of a dying empire. At the dawn of TV, it broadcasted classical music, 3 hour long philosophy debates and Shakespeare plays. Could it happen today?
>in the humanities, there was a view towards learning wjere your culture came from and how to think clearly in pondering and in debate ( hence why learning Latin and readjng the classics). Todays humanities are about post modern deconstruction that repels clear thinking
>now about STEM. Math flourished in the late 1800s early 1900s, and as far as I know no math field was created after 1960, just subfields. Also math became increasingly abstract and math education lost its concrete and intuition in favor of axiomization. Physics has only inconsistent theories and no great physicist who is also a philosopher woth clear vision to sort it all out. In short, todays STEMers are more technicians and techbros than scientists
>dont get me started on literature, even the people that like YA stuff know in the back of their mind that the late XIX century still holds the best stuff

Attached: images - 2022-05-19T132822.126.jpg (599x512, 57.36K)

you has are schizophrenic disorder

The masculine obsession with civilization and reason goes back to Aristotle at least. But it's toxic and needs to be left behind. Boys should be made to read queer poetry and take dance classes; not learn pointless things like advanced math and science

Attached: 44df0792ac7826ad285f58419315ce46.png (1280x720, 378.56K)

Did you read what I posted? Not all long posts are schizo rants. I didnt make any logical leap, didnt talked about any conspiracy. Please point to one element in my post that is schizo

Science also had a lower skill ceiling back then.

Do you really hold this view? Why should men do that?

Yes this is what I think. It's important because boys grow up being told they can't have feelings, and then in school they're expected to be cold calculators who aren't properly instructed in humanities.

If they were taught to be more in touch with their feelings not only would we have a healthier society, but boys would be happier themselves. By being divorced from emotional intelligence things like math and science uphold toxic masculinity as an acceptable social norm

Attached: tumblr_4525638d29d7dc3f2c41c5f0ceac1ea2_9d5049f0_400.jpg (400x566, 73.33K)

i think its just that the low-hanging fruits of achievement are gone and that all fields are oversaturated and everything is set and done so we dont have clear leaders of fields. i do agree that mass information and entertainment has been made to appeal to the lowest common denominator and excellence and standard is no longer promoted but i dont think we have a lack of intelligent people, we just have a crazy amount of retards now. it does make me fearful for the future but yeah i agree, the state has failed in moving humanity forward. i also have a theory that society is too effeminate now and it has to do with too many women educating, but i have too much brainrot myself to articulate that idea

To be fair it does today too. We produce scientists like crazy, the whole world. Mpst scientific papers are garbage, too specific useless and uninsightful stuff, etc. But there isnt a high barrier to discover a new material with new technology or something like that. What are you talking about? The "fjndamental questions"? The "fundamental principles of nature"? I bleoeve this "lower barrier in the past" stuff is wrong. We are in a privileged perspective, the present is in a place where all the past seem easy and all the future impossible. If it really was that easy, people before 1700 would have discober it. I get that today there are more papers with collaboration but that could be because of the need to share resources with expensive equipment and the lower capacity of scientists today. But I concede that specialization do play a part here

Men need family and cause but it's been taken away and been replaced with vague and non-committing platitudes of expressing your feelings. There has been no actual initiatives to make sure men are growing emotionally, women don't actually care, and men didn't push this shift in values so as a result, we are just left with nothing.

About low hanging fruits, I have this to say, which I said already:
And the issue is not that we domt have intelligent people, obviously. Even tribes have intellgent people. The issue is, does the soil of our culture allow these people to develop fully? What science meant in the late XIX century is very different than what it means now. Being a scientist wasnt a profession like it is today. These days it seem like most scientist are just technicians

First of all toxic masculinity is just female preference externalized and amplified, like a pwacock tail
With that out of the way, I agree partially. Not woth queer poetry, but all men should have both a clear grasp on the art and philosophy of the past, and a training in logic and math. One without the other is useless. But not because
>muh feelings muh happyness muh emoional intelligence

Well people started discovering those things crazily because the conditions were there for it to snowball and all the fruits from that height of the tree were plucked quickly. Do you really thing we haven't made progress in the 20th and 21st century? Even today, scientists are working on crazy things, gene-editing is a big one.

Could have said better
And dont wait for such a initiative that goes beyond platitudes either
Ive seen some focal groups on masculinity that seemed to be ok
But beyond that no onenis going to stretch their hands to help men
Men are expected to figure shit by themselves and a weak man is not attractive to women in a deep unconscious level. Thats the true reason why things cant change too much apart from the platitudes you mentioned
Men should help themselvea and create true meaning and community and collaborate
But technology has given us so many co forts that we are removed from the natural chains of causation, and our common sense and behavior suffered because of that. This is also somethjng I forgot to include jn my OP

I do believe we are mking progress
But as your own example shows, its mostly technical progress
Thats why I said scientists today are technicians

So what would be an example of progress? Like Newton's laws of motion?

Men have toxic understandings of family where every part is turned into an act of power. If men were more in touch with their feelings they would have healthier relationships, user. But masculinity makes this impossible
There's no such thing as non-toxic masculinity because masculinity is always defined by what it is not. (i.e. femininity) And this needs to be taken into consideration because things like Western philosophy are filled with toxicity, which is an unavoidable conclusion if you read men like Aristotle. At the bare minimum boys who are in school should need to critically deconstruct the Western tradition so it emphasizes pathos more than logos

Attached: FRsi5eMUYAE1waP.jpg (1400x1300, 544.09K)

>Masculinity is defined by what it is not
>femininity
then what's femininity
your definition of masculinity is bs and your assessments of how men need to view family are empty platitudes. all you people do is talk down and never say anything of substance that is positive and helps men

Femininity is defined as not-male. This is really basic gender theory and you would be familiar with it if you had taken even an introductory course on the subject. This is actually what I'm talking about; because you haven't read the right works you have instead internalized wrong ideas which hurt not only yourself but also others.

And my entire purpose in posting is to help men; I'm male as well. But I have escaped the prison of masculinity through enlightening myself. I'm a happier and healthier person for having done so.

You can be like me to but you need to let go of the toxicity you have grown up with, and learn to be a human being instead of merely masculine

Attached: yuki_nagato_5.jpg (1200x675, 111.09K)

so male is defined by anything its not and anything its not is defined by not male. lmfao disingenuous twat.

i dont want to be like you because all youre doing is being impotent and the many people like you are just failing to help men and pushing them further against you. until you stop this no substance talking down, and try to actually help men, then men will continue to be more and more of a threat to everyone and themselves

It actually makes complete sense but you're stuck on a masculine mode of thinking along the lines of binary logic. You're unhealthy user, and I'm trying to help you

Attached: 36aa020059d33db0cbc2ccb885e491f8.gif (500x303, 781.14K)

Of course it's always going to be easier discovering new stuff at the beginning of each academic discipline compared to now. It's not like there aren't places where classical music, philosophy, and plays are broadcasted either. They're still going quite strong. Your first, second, and third points are just false, while your last point is just your subjective opinion. You seem like you're just giving your opinion over things you have no proper understanding of.