Die Rocky Die

I’m watching wwe/wwf from the attitude era and for the life of me, I can’t understand why the Rock was so over. His wrestling is all jelly legs and spitting on his hands. His promo work is predictable down to a handful of catchphrases. Oh and he for some reason talks in the third person too. What gives? Did Vince really like him or was it like when Daniel Bryan got over with the crowd?

Attached: 805067D5-F7BD-405F-BA35-60CE31F9F3DD.jpg (665x521, 91.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZmSjn4-f-f0
youtu.be/hzpXSN8Iu5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: rsub.gif (404x378, 2.28M)

He's a great promo, practically ended the career of Kev here.

Attached: x1080.jpg (1440x1080, 149.63K)

>Zoomers reflecting on an era they never watched
Unironically touch grass and kill yourself. Your existence contributes nothing to society.

>I’m watching wwe/wwf from the attitude era and for the life of me, I can’t understand why the Rock was so over. His wrestling is all jelly legs and spitting on his hands. His promo work is predictable down to a handful of catchphrases. Oh and he for some reason talks in the third person too. What gives? Did Vince really like him or was it like when Daniel Bryan got over with the crowd?

Attached: 546566666146.jpg (800x449, 32.72K)

Vince likes generational wrestlers whose family worked for him or his dad they always got special treatment and still do

I also never watched Attitude Era (late millennial) and have started reviewing promos, and yeah, I don't get the hype. He's not that funny and after the 90s run when he dropped the swagger that HHH was mocking with The Crock, he wasn't even soulful either.

It might speak volumes that unlike Steve Austin, nobody makes memes or parodies of The Rock. There's nothing there to male fun with. He is definitively overrated.

Will Triple H be similarly considerate to Legacy stars?

>It might speak volumes that unlike Steve Austin, nobody makes memes or parodies of The Rock

simp cuck steve austin

>using a tranny phrase
Post disregarded

Small dick energy take

Probably because growing up around the business from day 1 gives them a bit of an edge starting out

Rock was always the B act with Stone Cold in the lead. He was over but nowhere as much as revisionists would have you believe. By the time he was on top, wrestling was already in decline. It’s just that he has gone on to greater things and in tying rock to modern wrestling they are hoping for a rub.

sell a doubter on The Rock with one (1) promo

I don't get it either. His promos in the PG era proved he can't really do much when he isn't allowed to call people hermaphrodites and talk about shoving things up asses every 5 seconds.

The entire Attitude era was built around Steve Austin's fuck you take this job and shove it attitude. Anything else is cope.

Exactly, there are so many more interesting speakers who never had to resort to toilet humor to get over, such as his mentor Jerry The King Lawler

youtu.be/ZmSjn4-f-f0
youtu.be/hzpXSN8Iu5c

Attached: 20_sLAWLER_05001982pwi_0002.jpg (642x722, 69.62K)

He gave Vince good head

Based and factual

how much of a legend lawyer is being mostly buried is one of the many travesties of wrestling

I read on YouTube once that Vince made The King a court jester.

thats a huge understatement. While youre on youtube look up the "kiss my foot match" to understand the full picture

Attached: B0D2A102-6099-4630-9603-ECE85045AE38.jpg (1200x750, 76.4K)