Two of the sutures started coming loose but I managed to tighten them up using my teeth and some pliers...

Two of the sutures started coming loose but I managed to tighten them up using my teeth and some pliers. I think I'm going to skip going to the doctors in the future and just remove them myself in a week or so, since the doctor who put them in was a fucking idiot.

Attached: _20220331_004439.jpg (2320x2240, 508.27K)

A week will be too soon. Polysporin that shit.

How did you cut your finger OP?

Yeah, I'll probably do it like 8 or 9 days from today since I had them in like 2 or 3 days ago
Sadly, I don't have a very exciting story. Someone put a big ol broken mirror near my bathroom in my house. I didn't know it was there and caught my hand on it when going for a piss at like 3 in the morning (it was pitch black), and it sliced straight through it.

That's gotta smart. Stitches you can remove yourself as long as you're careful. It's the staples that you need special tools to remove.

>be dumb kid running on icy pavement
>fall and bust my palm open
>"doctor" gets painkiller
>pushes the syringe diagonally into my hand and straight through the opening
>watch as the needle poking through my wound squirts lidocaine onto my palm
>works for like 2 minutes because some of it splashed back into the cut, and then wore off completely 1/2 way through the stitching as the doctor fumbled and redid most of the sutures
I've only needed stitches once since and I opted to do those myself since it was on my calf, don't bother going back op

Attached: 1641629954050.jpg (1789x1040, 177.6K)

It's probably weak as shit, but you can probably sqirt a bunch of orajel or similar into a wound to numb it before stitching.

I just bought some injectable lidocane from Petco.

Attached: 1648322854967.jpg (660x495, 113.25K)

user, teeth are full with bacteria I hope you disinfect your wound afterward.

does something like that really require stitches? i probably would have just used tape or something

But do you have syringes? Lots of places won't sell those. If you live in one of those areas, either ask your druggy friends where they get their needles, or go to a veterinary farm supply store.

>does something like that really require stitches
Not OP but it all comes down to how much it is bleeding, and how easy it is for the wound to re-open later.

It's deeper than it looks, enough that there was some nerve damage and the area is dumb.
Also this, it was bleeding pretty bad and took a very long time to stop bleeding. Plus being on finger means easy to tear open.

Attached: file.png (338x368, 194.48K)

I got insulin syringes and the suture kit at the Walmart pharmacy.
Also, can confirm that lidocaine for dogs works just fine and will not kill you.

I have used super glue to seal some pretty major wounds on myself.
Recently took a trauma field aid course thru work so I can use tourniquets and pack wounds and stuff, it was really cool.
Id reccomend regular Gorilla Glue super glue, hasn't failed me once yet.

>using my teeth
really really bad idea

>i'm going to skip going to the doctors
bad idea
go to a different doctor. get a second opinion.

otherwise, it looks like shit, are you still jerking off? you sleep on it? typing with nine fingers? i hope the tip is turning brown because of dried blood. you may need to go on antibiotics.

i had like 12 stitches put into my palm from catching an ice scraper. the surgeon told me to rinse it out with hot water for five minutes before surgery, no soap, keep it dry and elevated, i did everything he said and came out of it like nothing happened. no aquaphor, i don't remember if i had to wash it but i don't think so.

gels are for minor scrapes and cuts, if your shit gets infected and the infection goes deep under your skin, what's a gel going to do to help you?

red is okay. just keep a close eye on it, wash your bedsheets if you haven't any, use common sense.

>you may need to go on antibiotics.
For the poorfags among us, eat as much raw garlic as you can tolerate for 1-2 weeks as an antibiotic. Beware it will give you some stomach pain and lots of stinky farts.

Good on you getting stitches OP. I sliced mine open badly, three years ago this April. I didn't get stitches and mine is somewhat mangled, scarred for life. Still remember every day, wish I didn't fuck it up, or at the very least had it sewn together. I just saw your other pic, you cut yours almost exactly like I cut mine. God Bless You I'm healing user, I mean it. Mine took forever without stitches, probably because when I took the bandages off, and in the shower, it kept separating. The doctors didn't make sure that I was properly treated to heal, and I was horrified by how my hand looked.

Attached: 20220330_214122.jpg (2560x1920, 1.52M)

AMONG US
In all seriousness though, good advice. Natural solutions like garlic work the best.

I've used it several times as an antibiotic, and it has probably legit saved my life more than once. I used to get terrible toothache/jaw abscess infections. Raw garlic is what I used to clear out the infections. I grated it and drank it from a shot glass, but whatever method works for user.

Where do you live in general so I know never to use a hospital in that part of the world?