How old were you when you realized a bunch of socially retarded outcast losers don't have the most accurate or...

How old were you when you realized a bunch of socially retarded outcast losers don't have the most accurate or reality-based opinions on how the world works?

Attached: 1638581335986.png (374x455, 71.29K)

All available data actually shows that those in a depressive mood have a more accurate perception of reality, particularly their place in it, than those who have a moderate or optimistic mood.

Since the people here have a higher proportion of depressive moods than the population at large, the views here are more likely to be in conformation with reality.

It's settled science. I will not elaborate further and I will not entertain any dissent to these facts with a response. Simple as.

We can't accurately gauge some things but other things we have an advantage in gauging.
Part of the reason the normies sell the "be yourself" and "be confident" shit is because they really believe it. They really think the reason that the opposite sex is into them is for their personality or confidence or whatever. That it's mostly driven by how they are physically and their position in society? They reject this. No one wants to believe that their accomplishments were due to things mostly outside of their control. The thought that they simply got lucky doesn't even cross their minds.
In any case, it's true that there's things we can't accurately perceive. What is it like when a woman is clearly super into you and wants to seduce you? What is it like to be with a woman sexually who you are genuinely attracted to? What is it like to have casual sex with people you know IRL? It's almost incomprehensible to us.
Wisdom is the ability to discern when you should listen to someone.

this, losers have to face the harsh realities of the world more than anyone else

You simply cannot trust a depressed mind to think properly. Depressed people are thinking behind 10 layers of warped beliefs that makes them come to stupid conclusions about everything. Stuck in copes, stuck in denial. Dismiss everything, paradoxically neve rdo anything that will improve their wellbeing, come to wrong conclusions about how peopl perceive them, how they percieve others. the depressed mind is ill. the depressed mind is fucked

I stopped listening to anyone who is a virgin past the age of 16 or 17.
You would do well to do the same

This
Originality is not original

maybe you should leave this board then

Rejects and outcasts are good at understanding how the world DOESN'T work. There are lies we tell to ourselves and our children, and only the outcast can accurately deduce that these things aren't true: things such as "life is fair" and "just be yourself and people will love you". These things are obviously not true, but the ones who succeed in life will continue to perpetuate it.

It really depends on the extent of the depression, but what the first guy said has an element of truth.
I think a more accurate explanation is that humans are, in their default state, wildly optimistic about themselves, their future, what's going on around them, and so on. They kind of have to be and get a benefit from it, since it inspires a sense of confidence that carries them forward especially in social contexts. To elaborate on that: if you ask people how long they think they will live, they routinely give you figures far beyond their life expectancy. They estimate they will be more successful, that they're smarter than they are, and so on.
HOWEVER, it's worth remembering that it's still inaccurate, even if it serves a purpose. A more depressive mind, though not one entirely given to some continuous depressive episode, has lost that optimism and will be freed to make more accurate appraisals of the situation.
BUT, and to counter the first guy's point, these things don't exist in isolation. Yes, all other things being equal, a more depressive mind is more accurate (if less confident). However, you probably aren't just a depressive mind. You may have other issues like anxiety or ADHD or autism. You can think of each mental proclivity as a sort of lens. If that free-wheeling optimism is a rose-colored lens, then cynicism might be clear ones. With each mental illness, you add yet another lens that distorts your perception. By acknowledging those lens, you can mitigate the distortion but it still exists and it becomes harder to discriminate between fact and delusion the longer one spends in such a state.

Why would I? I can give you advice on how not to be a virgin. I just will not listen to your advice as it will not help me

>I stopped listening to anyone who is a virgin past the age of 16 or 17
that is why you should leave, retard

>Stuck in copes, stuck in denial.
Yeah, you're a fucking idiot.

>You simply cannot trust a depressed mind to think properly.

Happy minds are subject to problems that warp their perception of reality also.

Happy people overestimate their own intelligence and competence. (Repeatedly proven by experiment.)

Happy people overestimate their relative position in society. (Repeatedly proven by experiment.)

Happy people take excessive risks, and demonstrate a naive faith that the future will work out. (Repeatedly proven by experiment.)

Only the people who have nothing to lose socially are ever honest when it comes to criticizing society.

You think everyone on this board is a virgin? user I do not want to be the bearer of bad news but most of us are just joking

If you seriously have not lost your virginity by 25 it is a cause for concern.
If you have not lost it by 30, well then you should consider a hooker.

Most people lose it at some point unless they get memed to hard

Y'know, this post just made me realize that I genuinely am at my best when I'm not happy.

Depressoids SEETHING

if u have low self-esteem that means u just most likely have an accurate or reality-based assessment of ur abilities and position in the world

Kys buddy.

Yeah, because the people lost in a forest would be better at judging the area of it than the people looking at it from he outside, birds eye view, who at worst have the opinion "damn it would be nice to get lost in there, I wonder how I do that"

East there edgy zoomer I was posting the memes you actually believe when you were still a fucken tadpole