/mbti/ thread

GAMING edition
>Your mbti type
>Videogame you like.
>(Optional) Character you like from that game.
>(Optional) BGM you like from that game,

Don't know your mbti? Take this!: 16personalities.com/free-personality-test

60 dollars: myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/
Retro foundation of the genre:
wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Psychological_Types

DLC:
sakinorva.net/functions
pastebin.com/ccs8sYUV
uclassify.com/browse/g4mes543/myers-briggs-type-indicator-text-analyzer
mbti-concepts.tumblr.com/archive
sakinorva.net/library/contextualizing_functions
9axes.github.io/

Previous thread:

Attached: I wish I could touch an ENTP female in real life.jpg (640x643, 89.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6L6E7TLy10
youtube.com/watch?v=aAecWq-nKjE
youtube.com/watch?v=7bTQmX3JpTI
youtu.be/TBYQ9_QrJZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tried to type myself using tests and reading theory, I came to the conclusion that the type that fit best was INFJ, but I have doubts since it's allegedly the rarest one and everyone jerks it off constantly. Can I get some help making sure it's the right one?

What lead you to reach this conclusion, user?

>Your mbti type
INTJ
>Videogame you like.
Touhou and Yakuza
Marisa, Reimu, Reisen, Tenshi, Clowpiece. Also Kiryu is pretty cool
Touhou: youtube.com/watch?v=_6L6E7TLy10
Yakuza: youtube.com/watch?v=aAecWq-nKjE

Attached: 1648361238873.png (1080x1062, 969.74K)

>preety much always wins, pro schemer
Hehe, yeah I'm definitely not an utter brainlet that burdens his team.

Attached: 1614806840977.jpg (480x602, 76.57K)

Many things, since I spent quite a bit of time on theory (but tests eventually become useless because I can figure out which questions refer to which functions). Mainly it's because I see no other function stack fitting better: I obviously lead with an introverted function since I have an internalizing rather than externalizing disposition, my inferior function is most likely Se considering things like my disconnect from physical experiences and spontaneity (and the fact that I often read inferior functions represent the thing you're least confident with; my weak point is definitely my incompetence in interacting with the physical world and why I tend to admire xSTP types). I initially thought I could have inferior Fe but I'm not actually socially oblivious, just very withdrawn, and I use social relationships, harmony and expectations as the main benchmark for most of my decisions. I'm not outgoing, and I prefer being alone, but my main concern when it comes to socializing is getting along, and I always compromise in order to maintain harmony, which makes me think Fi is impossible. I have a weird sense of self too.
I could give other examples but I'd rather not keep rambling, do you think what I mentioned makes INFJ likely, or did I mistype myself?

Is 24 too young to be getting grey hairs? I spotted one in my beard the other day.

Is the most important thing in the world to you your vision of how the world should be? You can also go through the letters individually of course. To check if you are an INFP or an INFJ you can ask yourself if you're more of a feeler or an intuitive, since the INFJ is more of an intuitive and and the INFP is more of a feeler.

The most important question of course is why you are deciding to catagorize yourself in the first place? What is the use value or end goal you are trying to acheive? It's much easier to solve a puzzle if you can look at the picture on the box after all. And all catagorizations are just tools to serve a useful purpose, if you can be clear on what that is for you it should be much easier to catagorize yourself.

INFP
Been thinking about sonic adventure 1 recently
The lovely Amy Rose of course
Where do I begin? It doesn't matter isn't really bgm, so the remix it is. Reminds me of snowboard kids, but I haven't played that recently enough to give it my stamp of approval.. youtube.com/watch?v=7bTQmX3JpTI

Attached: A Centaur's Life - c038 (v07) - p024 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire] panel 3.jpg (960x1252, 517.97K)

Now that the dust has settled, is there such a thing as a disagreeable Fe Dom?

Sure. The problem with "agreeableness" is being very relative.

>my weak point is definitely my incompetence in interacting with the physical world
That's not Se. Se is an observation method that favors literal, objective representations. This one line immediately makes me think you're Te inferior. They're the ones who struggle with interaction of the physical world.
>inf Fe but I'm not actually socially oblivious
Fe inferior is not socially oblivious. This is akin to saying "thinking doms are smart", it's just a stereotype.
>which makes me think Fi is impossible.
Not impossible at all, it's quite the opposite. Fi dominants with high anxiety will be prone to compromising for "social harmony".
>or did I mistype myself?
Personally, I think so. I think you're an IxFP, most likely INFP. Based on what you've said so far.

No, I'm 23 and I've been having grey hairs for years.
>your vision of how the world should be
I'm very detached from the world, so I don't think this question applies. I'm struggling to figure out what to do with my life and I'm completely aimless right now so I can't answer this.
>why you are deciding to categorize yourself in the first place
I have a weak sense of identity and would like to figure out "who" I am and where I belong.

>Your mbti type
ENTJ
>Videogame you like.
Valorant
Doesn't matter, it's not about the lore
Fucking ambient sounds on Bind

Not him, but...
>They're the ones who struggle with interaction of the physical world. They're the ones who struggle with interaction of the physical world.
All introverts struggle with the external world in a way or another, but I fail to see how this is specific to Te.

I guess we can confirm introvert. Maybe also a feeler, but not sure - I'm saying that only becasue Thinking types typically don't concern themselves with figuring out "who" they are or where they belong, or at least not so much.

Why are you trying to figure out what to do with your life and how are you going about it?

My interpretation of the functions is completely wrong? I thought I had it figured out from all the resources I read about.
>Se is an observation method that favors literal, objective representations
What is Te, then? I remember reading something about how low Se manifested in childhood with a disconnect with physical activities/discomfort and subsequent withdrawal from activities requiring concrete involvement, is that inaccurate?
>Fe inferior is not socially oblivious
Would "disregardant for social norms" be more accurate?
>Fi dominants with high anxiety will be prone to compromising for "social harmony".
That's interesting. Maybe I chalked up my neuroticism and desire to please with aux Fe. But isn't Fi dead-set on what it is, wants and believes in? What initially made me disregard Fi is the fact that I have no real values I can identify, no solid identity. And also that I know an INFP and highly dislike the self-righteous way with which they filter everything through their sense of morality and cannot see past that. But seeing as my understanding of functions might be wrong, maybe they're not INFP kek.
>IxFP
You think Se aux is a possibility? That seems very weird to me.

Yeah, introvert seems certain. Feeler as well since I don't place that much value on rationality.
Firstly because I feel a yearning of some kind that makes me think there might be something out there that will make everything click, instead of spending the rest of my life drifting around aimlessly. But I have little interest in the world so I'm afraid this might not be true, things are chaotic in my mind.
Also because I'm pressured by my family to do something and not become a NEET, and I don't want anyone to worry about me.
>how are you going about it
I'm not, really. I'm stuck in a major I dislike and seeing how things are going, my future seems to be neetdom. I think I'll take mushrooms and see if this bring a shift in perspective but I always seem to be outsourcing my life's meaning to something in the future that I hope will make things all fall into place, when deep down I know that's unlikely.

>I remember reading something about how low Se manifested in childhood with a disconnect with physical activities/discomfort and subsequent withdrawal from activities requiring concrete involvement, is that inaccurate?
It's fine, but keep in mind that in a way or another all introverts end up being detached from the external world.
For Te is a little more abstract because you are at odds with how the world "works", and get lost in all the "facts", not necessarily something physical. It's more of a rebellious attitude than a one-sided perception.

>Would "disregardant for social norms" be more accurate?
Where it's true that "social norms" include Fe, inferior Fe is more about struggling with the feelings you have towards the external world. It can be because you don't recognize them easily, or because you don't know how to interpret them or they are way too intense/uncontrollable.

>But isn't Fi dead-set on what it is, wants and believes in?
That depends on the individual. Fi doms do change their mind about what they feel because they are constantly exploring it internally. But that doesn't mean they will actually do something about it or stand up for themselves.

What I'm gathering from this is that inferior extraverted functions all contribute to a sense of alienation from the external world and that the specific function is given by the main cause of alienation, which would be objective facts in Te's case, concrete impressions in Se's case, and shared feelings in Fe's case, or something like that.
But these descriptions are broad enough that I could stretch all of them to fit me.

>Your mbti type
INTP
>Videogame you like.
Nier replicant(the original)
Emil is the only character in that entire series you can really end up like unless you're purposefully going out of your way to be an edge lord or don't know the overarching lore but even then you get told enough in game about everyone's longstanding crimes you should have some idea nobody is clean. Well, except Emil.
>(Optional) BGM you like from that game
youtu.be/TBYQ9_QrJZE

Attached: a3e7a1_6224564.jpg (1028x1920, 329.29K)

>I have a weak sense of identity and would like to figure out "who" I am and where I belong.
Interesting interesting. So you want some kind of objective measure instead of directly comparing yourself to other people so you can slot yourself into the "correct" role? Interesting. Well that is what mbti was designed for, so I'd probably stick with just going by letters if I was you. You're I, you're N, you're F and you're J and you can just consider that when you're considering roles. What do you mean you're stuck in a major? Can't Americans change those easily? What's not doing it for you, is it not applicable with your I, your N your F or your J? Is it something too concrete, or you don't get to use your compassion enough?
>Magic mushrooms
Be careful, they just made me terrified of dying and constantly doubt reality. Also pretty sure I lost IQ.

Attached: A Centaur's Life - c038 (v07) - p024 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire] panel 4.jpg (1030x608, 300.24K)

That's right, you have to understand which one applies to you the most. At least partially you can find yourself in lower extraversion in general if you are an introverted type.

As for Fe, the trick about this function is that your feelings are adjusted to the external conditions: to the point that Fe doms could be seen as fake and calculating even if they aren't really pretending.