Missed a phone call from a random number this morning

>Missed a phone call from a random number this morning
>Tried calling back no answer and no voicemail set up
>Think nothing of it, must just be a spam call
>Number calls back while at work and misses it again
>I call back again, interest now piqued.
>Get an answer, its the fucking guy who has been calling me on and off since middle school, note I am now a senior in college, he says his name, and that he is looking for his cousin, who he insists he is calling.
>insanely confused at this point and tell him that he has the wrong number for the probably 100th plus time at this point
Im left once again to wonder who this guy is. For privacy reasons im not saying the name he gives me when he calls as he does sound like he has some screws loose. He sounds the same since he first started calling me in probably 2013/14 which baffles me. My voicemail is from around then and I sound vastly different so I dont know how this retarded guy hasnt had his voice change since then. Ive tried to block the numbers but he calls back eventually with a new number. This was the longest wait between calls though, the last time he called was around 2018 and I thought I was done with him until this morning. Anyone got any advice on what I should do? Ive tried it all at this point, blocked the numbers, told him in every which way to stop calling, try to get someone else on the phone and tell them to stop having him call me, had friends tell him to stop, have friends scream when he calls me on the phone and only get a bunch of calls after. Im more confused than anything and want to know who has been calling me for all these years.

Attached: BFFECB4A-5EF3-49F8-A166-DCAFCE65FA26.jpg (674x740, 290.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVc5B8yL6H4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn I get frequent calls from Credit National Assist and other assorted financial loan scams every day that I never pick up, I would just ignore the guy. My voicemail includes that I pretty much never answer random numbers.

It unironincally might be a ghost or some shit.
Does the conversation go the same way every time or does he mix it up every now and then?

I deal with a lot of medial issues and have unsaved medical related numbers call me that if I dont answer and try to call them back, im left on hold for hours and never speak to someone so its better to just answer any call that doesnt say spam likely or has the first few digits the same.

He will mix it up if you prod him, when my roommate called today he said who are you? And my roommate said it back so he replied with his name and then my roommate hung up. It never strays too much from his name, his cousins name that hes trying to contact, and ok sorry after I tell him he has the wrong number.

Is it an old man?

No he sounds like a 15 year old with a cognitive disability big time. Also sounds black, as did the one other person I spoke to years ago on the line after asking to speak to someone else

Idk, but it reminds me a lot of the second story in this
youtube.com/watch?v=cVc5B8yL6H4

He sounds 15 but he's been doing this for 8 years?

This is both hilarious and terrifying. I'm not giving you advice, because I wouldn't suggest you do this, but I would find it impossible not to counter-stalk him. I'd at least like to observe him in the wild to see just what the fuck is up with him. Maybe this is just a hobby for him, or maybe he has a shrine to you in his mothers basement.

I'd also want to ask him about this when he calls, but be worried that engaging him in conversation might tip him over whatever edge he's on.

It does sound a lot like that story, surprised thats a mrballen video I havent seen before
Yes and I know how crazy it sounds but he sounded like he hadnt aged a day since I last heard from him in 2018
Oh ive tried to counter stalk him, reverse searched the numbers hes called from, one ended up being from some sort of facility of some kind not sure but otherwise the numbers have been non searchable. Ive tried finding anyone that could be him on Instagram or Facebook with the names hes given me, tried various versions of the names spellings and all but absolutely nothing. I dont know who could possibly be doing this If they do in fact know me in real life. A nickname I have sounds semi like what he claims his cousins name to be, first letter different, so I sometimes feel like he does know me and he just is getting the name wrong but no one that would know me for that long could be doing this. It all just makes my head hurt thinking about what it could be. Im honestly scared to prod and ask him questions on the phone as silly as it sounds, not sure what hes capable of doing.

Have you tried changing your phone number?

I dont want to as its the only number ive had so anyone who knows me knows it, and it has family connection as its identical in all but the last 2 to my moms

If you really want this guy to fuck off then change your phone and text all of your contacts with your phone number. I assume everyone has a contact list on their phone which they can change. If this guy calls the new number, I think it would be time to contact the police.

Data brokers often need placeholder phone numbers when they have, say, an address, a name, and an email, but no mobile number.

Congratulations. You're at the intersection of why the future could be scary, and the levels of incompetence that guarantee it will just be business as usual.

I feel like changing my number would be rather drastic to do and honestly not something I could see myself doing. He hasnt done anything threatening or such, just been harmless and annoying at best. Maybe more confusing than anything.
Im so confused please reword all that for me

Going to bed so if the thread dies im sorry. I really do want answers so ill prob remake if it does pass

If I were you I'd start recording those phonecalls

Attached: 1642695051306.png (886x1080, 472.97K)

Tell him that you have the person he seeks held as captive. If he is really retarded you might be able to get some money or something out of this.

This.
Something this but more benign - "hey, yeah, he's not right here. He's actually at [insert location]. I think something is wrong with his mum, can you come over to [insert location] and see what's going on?
Then you can meet him.

Hey it geg