Free Advice Former NEET AMA

Hi robots. I used to post on this board all the time. I had no friends, no life, no job, and lived in a shithole apartment by myself. I spent all of my life until I was 19 living in hell, waiting for my life to start but not knowing what I could do to make that happen. I was a jaded, hopeless outcast, but I'm 23 now and I have money, a fun job that I love, a girlfriend, close friends, and I'm building my own home.

You guys can call me a larper all you want, I know it seems unbelievable that life can get better when it's been bad for so long, but things can change completely over night. Not many people know what it's like to be completely and utterly alone, but you guys do, and so do I. I know it hurts, I know that it breaks you, I know how it feels to be an alien watching the world through a seemingly impenetrable window of glass.

I'd like to help some people break through that glass if I can, so ask me anything, tell me your situation if you want, and I'll answer your question and give you the best advice that I can offer.

Attached: smile.png (924x1000, 71.9K)

Based user. I'm in the much same situation as you are, ex-NEET
Used to think I would never get a gf, but it turns out it's not actually that hard

A fun job that you love, huh? What is it?

What kind of home are you building and are you doing it entirely solo or is there a crew of sorts?

Lol you still have to eat and drink and shave and clean and WORK. All that so you can attempt to escape the very real, agonizing pain of poverty and incelibacy. And you are literally exploiting people to achieve what you have, even though you probably think you're working hard.

LOL LOL LOL....
*coughs up blood*
LOL

What did you do for your career? How do you have the money to build your own home?

It's always kids making these posts

>t. 30 year old virgin living with parents

Bro just be good looking with a chip on your shoulder, it'll all work out :)

user, I was gonna become a NEET if I didn't go to normal school & just stay home schooled instead. Life would of been different, it would change for a few for the better, but it'll mostly turn out for the worst.
Honestly, I'm glad that you have some success that your parents can be somewhat proud of! Keep chugging!!

Attached: 2HRR.gif (500x281, 1.37M)

start by telling us a little about yourself. what was the journey to get to where you are now?

I somehow found a way to make sure I never make it even after it all.

I got an associates in agroecology (basically sustainable agriculture, permaculture, etc.) and now I work as a manager at a small farm growing plants. I would recommend this kind of profession to a lot of robots because there's a community full of friendly, welcoming people who know how to enjoy life that can teach you how to do the same and about the field in general.

What I'm building is basically a hobbit house, it's an earthsheltered home made of earthbag and cob. I'm doing a lot of the work myself but I get a lot of help from friends that majored in similar fields (forestry, wildlife management, etc.) Right now I live in a camper I bought on a lot I bought for like $500 from the landbank of a rural township near my work, but a lot of my friends actually live in cabins on the farms the work at, that's something that's pretty common in my area (Appalachia/the midwest) and it's something I'd recommend.

>I got an associates in agroecology (basically sustainable agriculture, permaculture, etc.)

What made you go that route? Did you always have an interest in it or was it a purely financially motivated pick?

>What I'm building is basically a hobbit house, it's an earthsheltered home made of earthbag and cob

Sounds comfy. How do you intend on decorating it?

He had just graduated high-school, and thought he was screwed even though he was in the same boat as literally everyone else... He looked at all the things his parents bought him like clothing, a bed, his car and his healthy young body and went "Oh man, there is no way i will succeed with all this". Defying all odds, he sent of some job applications and found employment.

Answered the career question in my last post but I'm basically a farmer/consultant. Money through saving, working, and also looking for deals. Not alot of people know about landbanks but they're a great way to get property in rural areas for really cheap. They usually go by county or township so just google it.
So after I graduated highschool I immediately moved into a shitty appartment in the city trying to get away from my parents, thinking it would be exciting and a great way to meet people and finally jump start my life. It wasn't. It sucked. I made no friends, I was miserable, and I grew to hate urban areas. Eventually I started to meet some people, and after starving myself and losing some weight I started fucking random chicks and eventually got a girlfriend. She was a toxic asshole, but one night I was smoking with a friend of her's who told me about a natural resources community college that had dorms- the only community college with dorms in my state. Maybe this is stupid, but I don't really think any body is going to be able to fuck with me with this information- the college is Hocking College in Ohio. It's a fantastic place, and living in the dorms there allowed me open myself up and to make friends with the sort of people I never would have met otherwise. I would recommend that every neet go there if they can, or somewhere similar. Learning to understand nature helps you grow as a person, especially if you're like me. Smoking weed is also a great way to meet people, though I don't smoke much anymore.

Biggest take away: Natural resource professions are in heavy demand, chill, and provide a great avenue for personal growth.

>He was able to get laid just by losing weight
>He was able to just go out and make friends

Holy fuck

It's super comfy, I always had a fledgling interest in natural science and growing things but didn't ever get to explore it as a kid because we lived in a shitty apartment and my parents didn't give a shit about doing anything with me. It worked out well for me because the college I went to had a lot of financial aid options and even with the dorm fees was pretty cheap (like $18k for my entire program, with $1000 off per semester for working for the school 10 hours a week). Decorating the house as I go, carvings, rugs, hand built furniture as I learn more about woodworking, I like trad stuff

Honestly all the women I met were from tinder, they were all terrible and most of them ghosted me. All the friends I had were through them. Persistence was the only reason I got with anyone. Persistence is the only way people like us can make their lives better.

>He was able to get Tinder matches
>He was able to make social connections through them

I unJUSTed myself at 29 (32 now) but i aint giving u niggas the strats

Proud of you user, never give up. :)
Don't stop trying man, please.

I'm a 30year old who has been neet for a year. No college degree and only have done manual labor jobs. I'm tempted to just go full neetdom till parents die then travel the states until I run out of money or die. What job would you recommend if I wanted to get back into the workforce?

Attached: FO3bx15akAo7cCZ.jpg (1448x2048, 346.91K)

You certainly got lucky having an interest like that straight away. I feel like for a lot of people here, myself included. we get into this kind of pitfall in life because we didn't have an affinity for anything that could blossom into a career in adulthood so we end up a bit lost with many of us simply giving up and accepting this as a fate of sorts.

I am glad to see that it worked out for you and I hope everything goes well.

There are people out there that you can relate to user, finding them is hard but they exist. It sounds like you have a hard time interacting with people and I get that, but shitposting isn't going to do anything to help that. Start slow. Go to shops, go to small shows at bars, put yourself in places where there are people and get more comfortable around them, you don't even have to talk them. Maybe you'll feel self conscious about being the only one in the room alone, but use that feeling to make yourself stronger and build your confidence. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will talk to you, maybe you'll get comfortable enough to start a conversation with someone. You never know until you try, and you never succeed without failing first.

I would recommend going to a community college and getting an associates in something practical, either natural resources based or something like carpentry. I've met a lot of people in their 30's or late 20's that end up doing that and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Better late than never, you've still got like 50 years ahead of you and that's plenty of time to become an expert in your field.

I'm poor and my memory is shit. College won't work for me.

Random user here, but I am 26 and half way through an education degree and I do some roofing work on the side.

100/100 times much prefer my education work.
Manual labour sucks ass, I've fallen through a roof so far and the doctor saw the camera footage of me landing in a pile of debris like a defeated anime villain and said it was almost mathematically impossible that I came out of it with only a sprained wrist.

Since then I've actually been rejecting a lot of shifts, it frightened me quite a bit.

Where I'm working has no workers compensation or anything either because it's illegal tax dodging work lul

You can always get into Uni user, it's never too late.

The older students around 30 - 35 are the greatest lol
They're the most mature and they have their shit together the most, people are often drawn to them in classes because they're a good fail safe.
I've ever done it lol

Please look at

So you weren't even crippled by social anxiety/retardation and you think you had anything in common with us?

Tbh though, any retard can get through Western university, it's so easy lol.
You just follow the social justice tropes. Literally.

If you're not prepared to at least try and learn a new set of skills or such, I don't know what you expect from life.

I tried taking math class in college and the professor didn't teach what was on the test. I tried teaching myself but at that point I dropped out. Why am I paying to go to college just to teach myself? LMAO. Anyways I have bad memory so I couldn't remember everything I learned.

Tbf you're being a bit unfair though.

I was in a 3 year long relationship in highschool which had seggs, I've also been with two bitches.

After that when my parents died, my country got invaded, half my family became refugee's and I felt alone and isolated is when my social anxiety kicked in and I became a recluse.

But I was well into adolescence before I was taken down that way.