Is there a reason why this happens and which one is more accurate typically ?

Is there a reason why this happens and which one is more accurate typically ?

Attached: meme.png (942x865, 917.69K)

you will never see your face as the world perceives you. your mental avatar is a lie. now you can be whatever you want without worrying about how you look. gl

I need a better answer than this

probabIy pic reIated

Attached: 1648582445730.jpg (800x261, 43.59K)

mirror is more accurate i heard as phone lenses are weird

Well according to science, if you're male, you're likely overestimating your own attractiveness, and if you're female you're likely underestimating it.

Explain why?
[bottom text to pad it out]

>you will never see your face as the world perceives you. your mental avatar is a lie.
makes sense
>now you can be whatever you want without worrying about how you look. gl
that makes no sense tho

>never able to conceptualize the physical manifestation that is what identify as "yourself"
>immediately break free of any preconceived notion you originally had about yourself by failing to identify who you actually are
sounds like a win win to me desu

i look so much worse in the mirror. pictures make me look decent, but in the mirror my flaws really glare out

mirrors dont lie tho

If you look at pop culture narratives, you'll find the central male figure of the story is entitled to a beautiful mate, whereas the central female figure is entitled to a "good man." Probably because most of these narratives are told from a man's perspective.

I look like a creature on my phone camera and decent in the mirror. I have a long narrow face and I think the lens distortion completely fucks people with that face shape because it makes your face narrower and longer.
I don't even know how ugly I am, mirror is more accurate but if you look like an ultra subhuman in a selfie you're probably at least a little subhuman

>really glare out
Don't trust yellow lights. Clean your mirror, look at yourself under bright white lights.

Nose/lips become bigger in selfies and your face gets narrower and longer.

Attached: focal_length_distance.jpg (1428x920, 625.94K)

so the only way to have likes on dating apps is to buy a super expensive camera? just kill me already

ah yes i remember growing up watching movies with the average looking Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan and Ryan Gosling getting with 9/10 babes all the time, those guys are the perfect representation of the average joe

It's just the focal length. It isn't a cost issue.

>How come phone cameras use a focal length that make everyone 300% uglier
I don't know

The person that invents a phone with a camera with an 85mm focal length could probably become a billionaire though

i'd be willing to invest in a low budget camera with 85mm lens but i don't know shit about photography and what to buy, i just don't want to look like shit in my pics

I have something to add to this thread.

If you guys think "Man, it looks like the focal length on a camera really does a number on someone's face", it's because your brain has a hard time differentiating the effect of the camera from what you actually look like.

What people refer to as the "fish eye effect" is actually present on every eyeball on every living creature. This is just a product of something being round.
It's just more extreme on fish.

Everything you see all the time is actually under a fisheye effect of some kind.
Your brain is just wired to account for it and then derive what you're looking at actually looks like.

It seems like when you have another fisheye effect of some kind that is not the one built into your eye, your brain isn't very good at differentiating the two.
Your brain just accounts for the distortion of your own eyes and then doesn't really understand the concept of there being more of this effect.

You look at this guy, and none of these people seem like you're looking at them in a funhouse mirror. It just looks like he has increasingly exaggerated facial features.
Even after you're told that these pictures are distorted and are not a representation of reality.

Attached: CFE-Close2.gif (500x500, 983.33K)

You can take a very large picture and then just zoom in on your face

quality will be low but close enough i guess, thanks