Let's learn to cook!

Alright you schlubs, let's eat! Get yourself:

- a pot
- a broiling/baking pan
- a cast iron skillet, or a stainless steel skillet (w/ cover), or both!
- a slow cooker
- measuring cup and spoons
- a cutting board
- a decent chopping knife
- a grater (a small hand one is find to start with)
- an assortment of spices to go along with salt and pepper

Watch these two videos:

- part 1 - youtube.com/watch?v=BHcyuzXRqLs

- part 2 - youtube.com/watch?v=N2G6YNtLUOg

Try these easy recipes:

- Ze absolutelee seempul omelet for brekfest - youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

- Good drumsticks (you can skip the butter if want) - youtube.com/watch?v=9rHWnwDpJD8

- Good NY strip steak - youtube.com/watch?v=q-g4IXyVGV4

- Good lemon salmon - youtube.com/watch?v=-x2E7T3-r7k

- Gordon's Pan Pigs - youtube.com/watch?v=o6G6TMP-Sa8

Remember, if you can heat food in a microwave, you can cook! Cooking is heat over time applied to a food! Gather and chop all your ingredients, then cook em! I believe in you!

Attached: 1268606847.png (783x711, 128.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMp-IF6uPkk
youtube.com/watch?v=95ADdCHqQFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tfw no femboy gf to cook for me

You dont want what theyre serving.

I already ate the homemade tuna macaroni salad. Thanks for suggestions.

Tfw no trap top bf to cook for me

It took me a really long time before I truly learned to cook for myself.

When I moved out on my own I lived a block away from mcdonalds so that was mostly what I ate. Cheap and convenient. But it got really old after a while. I would occasionally make myself hot dogs or spaghetti or boxed mac and cheese...
Eventually I thought I would try subscribing to a meal delivery kit like blue apron/ hello fresh. Boy did that really change things around for me. Those kits honestly provide pretty simple meals and even though it took longer to make than walking to mcdonalds, I was actually learning how to cook and what ingredients go well together. How to make sauces and what side dishes complement main courses. After about a year of trying recipies from the meal kit I felt like I had a good enough overall grasp on basic cooking techniques that I ended the service and just started making a menu for myself each week, then on sunday going grocery shopping so i had fresh ingredients all week. Saved me a lot of money vs the meal kit or mcdonalds every day and it was tastier food cooked just how I liked it. I would always make a double serving of dinner and save half of it to take to work for lunch the next day. My coworkers were so jealous. They would always ask me what I had brought. It would be stuff like Pan roasted pork chops with a cherry balsamic reduction and green beans sauteed in shallot oil. or spicy peanut noodles with cabbage and chicken dumplings. just real tasty stuff that I had made for myself in 30-50 min the night before.
During the pandemic stores around me were also out of bread a lot, so I learned how to make my own bread. Now I love cooking and I'm learning to like baking as well. It gives me confidence because I know I have a good skill that makes me happy. 10/10 would recommend everyone learn how to cook.

Attached: download.jpg (264x191, 11.68K)

What kinda tuna salad? Canned, or butcher/store?

yeah the canned one.

Good thread, bumping this, we need more of these kind of threads

Attached: nuggies.gif (569x518, 211.14K)

>chopped up some shit for instant pot beef stew

my dream is to be someone's femboy cook. i can do a lot of french and italian meals

If youve got recipes you want to share, or even youtube vids of recipes youve made or think are good, please share em!

>If youve got recipes you want to share
>just throw shit together for soups
i make soups and chili and bake/roast meat/veggies. i hate standing over a stove i have to babby sit. i got shit to do.

I think my problem with food is that I don't really like a lot of it. If someone made me something I'd probably eat it, but when it's me I just stick to a few basic meals, really want to broaden but I dunno where to start. This is what I eat now:

- Roast chicken with roast/mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, carrots, Yorkshire puddings and gravy.
- Chicken curry, usually a Bhuna, stick some green beans, peas and sweetcorn in, rice and naan.
- Steak, either with chips or corn on the cob.
- Pasta with some tomato sauce
- Beans on toast
- BLT sandwiches

That's basically it. I'll occasionally have a pizza or chicken nuggets and chips but mostly I eat what's above. Need some variety, any recommendations?

to be fair its midday on a Tuesday, no one is cooking everyone is stuffing mcds and chicfila

Seriously Any Forums should have more cooking threads. It's a great hobby for autists. Even if you have never cooked before, it's easy to learn. The top tip to remember is: when you find a good recipe, follow it to the letter. If you are a beginner, follow every recipe to the letter. It will turn out good.

You got a pretty good recipe list already, but maybe some sea food?

The salmon in OP is delicious, but you could also go with some Shrimp Scampi.

I recommend either Gordon's youtube.com/watch?v=UMp-IF6uPkk or these ladies' version is really good as well youtube.com/watch?v=95ADdCHqQFU

I also like recommend cajun catfish, but I dont have a really good recipe for it atm.

Or if you like spicy stuff, I recommend Golden Toad's rubs n sauces. Their prime steak rub is delicious, and I love their habanero sauce. The rubs are just a bit spicey while the sauces are pretty hot (depending on your experience with hot stuff).

I have honestly never eaten and liked fish, but it's been so long since I even tried any at this point that I really should give it another go. I'll try that salmon one, cheers.

That's good, salmon's probably your best bet as it tastes more like chicken rather than the usual fishy taste you get in white fish.

>If you are a beginner, follow every recipe to the letter. It will turn out good.
absolutely not true

guys, i only have 2 stove tops. what can i do with this?

Quesa-birria (quesadilla birria taco)

Attached: discord boxdrill 9941.png (1079x1238, 1.6M)

you can do a lot. i rarely use more than one at a time myself.