Cults

has anyone ever joined a cult? I don't mean a meme one like the tranny one from years earlier. a real religious one with a narcissistic leader.

Attached: hehehehehe.jpg (500x500, 98.94K)

Yes actually. Well it wasn't religious really, but spiritual.

tell me more, original comment

I started out doing spiritual healing and massage, but I guess I was convincing enough because I got a few other women and even their men into taking it seriously and believing. I started curating a spiritual lifestyle around it with them, and eventually we gathered enough resources and interest to relocate to our own commune in another country, at which point it became a proper cult. Oriented around the collection of new agey bullshit that I was able to sell them on, and they believed they needed me for.

I feel like others were more charismatic or sociable than me, however I really sold the bullshit well so they propped me up. We had a really lovely lifestyle and time together for a number of years though.

why did you stop? another original comment

Cults are by definition, religious

Define the barrier between spiritualism and religion.

We got shut down by the local authorities in that other country, the zoning and finances weren't handled properly.

>666
something you're not telling us buddy?

Attached: suss.jpg (640x646, 34.58K)

why not just continue then? you could always regroup.

I'll tell you everything you ever wanted to hear.

I'm satisfied with my time and experience of it. In fact they wanted to keep things going with me even after, but I wanted to move on with my life.

I mean I could have really gone off the deep end with them and gone full on brainwashing cult matriarch, but I didn't want that.

Got sent to Scientology as a kid, that was about it.

That's really cool, I think it'd be fun to be a cult leader. Also nice 666 get. Any tips for getting started? I imagine positioning oneself as a healer of some sort is the place to start.

Wow, this is probably the best possible outcome for a cult. Are you real user? Did you believe in what you were teaching? Why did you do it if you didn't?

Do you consider yourself to be acting with good intentions, selfish intentions (profitting off fools) or being malevolent?

I just wanted to fuck them bitches

Well in my case I didn't start out, nor ever expressed a huge desire to be the head of the group, it was pressure from the others who believed in me that much. From their pressure/support I adjusted as best I could into a shepherd at least if not a leader.

But as you said, my whole endeavor was based on spirit healing. New agey reiki and chakra bullshit, I believe the balance is finding a way to offer "healing" without having expectations for results since it's bullshit of course.

I am real, yes. Been posting here for a little while now after finding this place.

I mean at least from my perspective I feel like it was a good outcome in the end. For me at least, I kind of fucked over the others although not in a way they felt like they'd been screwed.

I never believed in what I taught and brought to them, I did enjoy it and the lifestyle it professed but it never had my real faith. I only pretended that and they believed it. I did it all to begin with for money, tail end of high school I didn't want to get a McJob so this was an alternative. Of course I never expected it to blow up like it did, and eventually it went beyond just money but having people's lives in my hands.

Although I was motivated for having a good and comfortable lifestyle, and did practice some selfish indulgences, from my opinion I feel I was a fairly benevolent guide. I wanted that cushy lifestyle but it was one we all shared together. It's not like I was stealing and hoarding their wealth or trying to abuse them, it was just reshuffled together to provide us all the benefits. As for malevolent, probably a mixed bag. The lifestyle I gave to them, they believed in and benefitted them so at the end of the day I improved their lives and gave them what they wanted. I got what I wanted, they got what they wanted, and we didn't all commit suicide at the end so I feel it was a relatively good thing as far as cults go. As long as they can deprogram themselves lul.

>I did it all to begin with for money, tail end of high school I didn't want to get a McJob so this was an alternative
If this isn't just a LARP, you are very cool user and I wish I had a fren like you. I did everything I was supposed to and got a decent job but I wish I had done something like you (not necessarily a cult) instead of just being slotted into an office job. It must feel very free to be like you are.

Well thanks, I'm sure you'd have loved living with us too, and you deserve it of course! Who really wants an office job or even any job really? You should be as free as you desire.

Yeah you're giving me affirmations now, this is how you get them isn't it?

I don't need to give you affirmations, you don't need them when you're as good as you are. I'm only telling you the truth, that you're a worthy man and should embrace it! You deserve it.

But yes, that's one way of getting them.

yes, I am a good boy thank you mommy

Attached: theinitiate.png (657x527, 35.63K)

>what an autist thinks a cult leader sounds like

>all cult leaders are the same

lmao I bet you've never even heard of yonic mapping

I invented tonic mapping