Atheists and agnostics of Any Forums, what made you so...

Atheists and agnostics of Any Forums, what made you so? I'm looking particularly for people who were into a religion but became skeptical. Most of the atheists and agnostics I find online simply weren't born into a religious household.

Attached: 138ba0aef7dd72bafaaf0f80fcb2cb91.jpg (1400x1800, 399.98K)

Heathens and the unfaithful should be crucified like our holy Father made flesh by His Will.

Attached: crusaderbeni.jpg (473x632, 130.52K)

>what made you so
I got sober and mourned my own death a couple times and religion immediately got really absurd to me. Also, religion is a codependancy issue

you are an idolator

Poop. Eat
>I have been muted

Attached: 1633736805924.jpg (880x880, 183.69K)

I hate the idea of afterlife. Just want it all to be over when i die.

it will be all right user don't worry

Look past the material world, it's all a lie. Why would you deny the only truth that there is? You inherently hate lies because your soul knows them to be unfit, the only lies you cherish are the one you create because you never view them as lies, you view them as convenient truths.
My balls are sweaty, knees weak, cock smegma.

Attached: aaahfuck.jpg (685x384, 317.82K)

I read the bible when young and started asking questions to my parents, the pastors, and the 20 year olds in charge of preparing us for the first communion (south american thing). Thought that there was no conceivable way for anybody to prove their claims were real, so stopped participating in religion as a whole.
My family is still religious.

Attached: me.png (640x725, 595.63K)

Everyone's agnostic to some degree. It's how our brain works. We assign confidence to various hypothesis we have about the world. Religious people call it belief. Scientists call it "certainty". Either way we don't have perfect information so we have to admit we can't really "know" anything in absolute.

If you were logical you'd be agnostic too.

Christianity makes no sense and it is one I am most familiar with. Can't say yet for others but from what I've seen those are flawed too.

My family is orthodox christian. I seperated from church at 15. My friend at time was really pissed at church and she got me into it and I do not really regret it. Only thing I miss is that they got some nice people. (1)

I think that Christian God may exist but not in sense most Christians think. Story of Christianity has been warped, shaped so many times that it barely reflects original. I think what most Christians think God as is El. Sort of like... "The whole" Imagine like living inside giant glob of ooze. That's El. It really won't bother with small things we may face in our lives, barely probably notices us. Only thing we could learn from it is that we all are part of same "whole" kay?

World is full of liars, manipulators etc. All can be avoided if you seek the truth for yourself without bias.

Attached: peraperakon.jpg (1200x937, 239.16K)

based in an original manner

I was born into a strict Christian house, became an athiest but realized I was doing that because I wanted to be edgy. Now I do believe there is a creator but in a more agnostic sense. I don't know what the purpose is but mathematically nothing cannot come from something, and even nothing is still something.

Those who are religious do not treat religion as a hypothesis. It's an absolute truth. Up till now, no one has ever decisively proved the existence of a god, but they still believe it anyway.

I was christian. I don't like the idea of following the faith of jewish people, since they don't like my people. The pointless and smug interjections you see like also got really old. They can only talk about the past.

Basically I just thought about and I slowly came to the conclusion that if there was no proof god existed he probably didn't. I was raised Orthodox Christian btw. However I eventually kinda came to the realisation that God existing makes the most sense so I regained my faith. honestly I feel like most kids people who actually think of theology who aren't reddit and Any Forums edge lords will go through a similar path (belive in relgion, lose faith in middleschool/highschool, regain faith as young adult). Two of my older sisters al0os went through similar processes but I wouldn't say I was influenced by them.

Attached: 1646256704361.jpg (640x633, 59.43K)

I didn't grow up with religion so I was able to look at them with an impassive perspective as I encountered them, I grew to like religion as a concept and liked reading about them. I always liked Catholicism in particular with its grand structures and showy rituals yet I never felt like I needed to be a part of it myself. I thought that if there was a god its thinking would be so abstract and beyond the realm of mortal understanding that it would be foolish to think that anyone could interpret its thoughts and will. No matter how much a priest or monk meditates and prays they would never be able to truly understand divinity, as admirable as the effort may be. A layman's theories are just as valid as that of a holyman, or so was my opinion.

Sometimes I wished I could be religious though. It looks comforting.

i somewhat still do and do not believe in a god; i don't explicitly follow one, nor would i be surprised if one did or didn't exist
i was born and raised in a roman-catholic household, got baptized, got a second & third name, sang in the choir, went there for holidays etc etc, the whole shtick basically besides going on sundays and preaching at dinner
i used to curse out god and question why he made me this way quite a lot when i was really young, so i didn't really look up to him, but i didn't quite hate him too, it was more-so just helplessness of my situation
my parents were/are roman-catholic too, although i wouldn't call them devout christians, they still do believe in him and curse him out quite a lot when things go awry
then again in my case, i don't really buy into being "god's chosen people" and that following whichever guidebook to a certain religion will net you a positive in his favor or something like that, the books are just that, books like no other in my eyes, sure there interesting to read and you can take lessons out of them but that's where i draw the line
if i were to be proven wrong then i'll take my loss and descend to whatever hell awaits me from whichever one that was prothesized turns out to be true
if there's something; nice, if there's not; welp

Attached: 1635863168059.jpg (600x450, 22.63K)

>I'm looking particularly for people who were into a religion but became skeptical
my dad didn't stop beating me

Pretty much exactly this.
I debated about becoming religious too but decided not to. It seemed like doing it over a flimsy idea wouldn't be a good idea, and I don't reckon I could ever force myself to live by the ideals, though I do like them.

OK make me doubt that 1+1=2 retard