Does meditation actually do anything?

Does meditation actually do anything?

Attached: pexels-photo-3193817.jpg (1000x1333, 231.53K)

It does nothing, the whole philosophy is that if you do or feel nothing, nothing bad can happen. Buddhists are socially accepted emos.

Yes. Try it for a few days straight and see the effects.

gives me a mood boost, disposes of bad memories, reduces intrusive thoughts.
In deep meditation I have also had visions

Does thinking actually do anything?
Think about it

this is true and I learned it through a Christian mysticism book.
Surrendering your thoughts and ego leads to spiritual growth. Your thoughts are not you, they are the flies buzzing around you.

Yes. But only if you do it properly. Just try it out. Consistently. And properly.

Lol no, that's stoicism. Buddhism "nothingness" itself is a mistranslation of empty. Emptiness is fullness, not something that is akin to feeling nothing/emo/nihilism.

Attached: 85be8878845ca273db05071c369e5d82.jpg (500x500, 176.55K)

>But only if you do it properly
how to do it properly?

Don't think during it as you know, but you should be having a "feeling lighter" or "small tingle" sensation rather than feeling heavier/duller. That is one of the functions of certain positions or techniques, keep your body stimulated as a countermeasure against lethargy.

But more important, the mentality. When you hear things of emptying your mind and removing such and such thing from your thought, you should not approach it as pursuing an alternative state of mind while shutting the old thoughts/state out. Emptiness is not an idea, nor is it nothing, nor is it both an idea and nothing, nor is it neither an idea nor nothing. When you pull out the tree, you must pull it out by the roots and destroy its foundation. When you remove your thoughts, senses, etc. from focus, do not try to focus on an alternative. Instead, simply try to get the hang of "removing" this entire discussion and false dichotomies, what is truth will become apparent on its own by being none of the above, nor all the above, nor not those options above. It's a bit of a conundrum for some people, but once you get it you will really get it.

Attached: 1613751696016.jpg (482x480, 148.54K)

Why do monks close their eyes and sit around all day? They're doing nothing, only emos sit around and do nothing. Stoicism is about being emotionally mute. You are deranged.

user, by doing nothing you are actually doing everything. You just have not seen it yet.

Attached: 1623089985449.png (903x1355, 397.88K)

Purpose comes from passions. You have no purpose because you're an emo faggot that's too afraid to become a victim/participant of the world. So you make up a cope that you're doing everything while shitting yourself in a dark room alone, doing nothing.

Attached: 346346346.png (622x400, 436.36K)

Oh, user. You think you need a purpose? That you must be imbued with some sort of thing from outside yourself to have value? Throw away the the small pleasures you get from the world and others, and you will gain everything. You will have passion for everything and anything you need, the fullness of the world at your disposal. You don't need anyone's approval or any source outside of yourself for happiness, no need to be a participant. The world is already yours. You just need to see it and acquire it, but first you must give up those worthless things you hold so dear. I am passionate within my abundant value and do not need anything else, it all comes by my discretion and personal pleasure. You on the other hand feel broken inside, needing to fill that hole you yourself put there. You can realize you aren't broken once you take a gander upon yourself once you throw away all of those petty distractions.

Attached: 1590586064183.jpg (548x776, 146.68K)

I have purpose because I've been imbued with a soul. You don't have a soul if you find meaning in nothing. I am and always will be a part of creation, which exists infinitely.

But of course. An exodus from creation is dichotomic, no non-meme buddhist aims for that. Being at one with creation is accepting the essence within transcended from creation, or rather not transcendent nor non-transcendent not neither nor both, as well as creation. It's not that creation is an illusion. It is that what you see in creation is not the self, that is an illusion. Once you understand your soul, and have obtained the fullness within its emptiness of all illusion, then you are free to be at one with creation and its infinitude, unfettered. A buddhist does not argue about the soul nor its purpose nor its nature, rather they simply want you to relax and look at it. The truth will be plain and apparent, speaking for itself with no need to tell you this or that, purpose or not. In fact, to do so and attach any wording or description would be to deny it's self-evident truth. You seem to fear nothingness, but you shouldn't for it is filled with light. It is the illusions pretending to be you that is the darkness.

Attached: 1615396613200.png (2160x2160, 1.77M)

>transcended from creation
This is just the epitome of pride, since emos are creation's bitch. If you weren't, you wouldn't be valuing absolutely nothing.

It's been scientifically proven to lower cortisol and reduce activity in the part of the brain associated with stress and fear so yeah.
Just think of it as undoing the damage that living in a society does to your psyche. It should be as routine as brushing your teeth and wiping your ass.

Well it is more nuanced and I tried to explain, or rather show a meaning you could get without need for explanation. Everything is valuable user, and you don't have to fall in love with your prison. Releasing yourself from it doesn't mean leaving, it simply means leaving the suffering behind.

Agreed.

Attached: 1585148074377.jpg (1920x1080, 277.7K)

What do you mean by visions

yeah sure it does something.
it's worth it to bolster your brain power if you are gifted that.
if you're average or sub average the benefits are marginal but still there.
ive been way less anxious in general.
don't meditate for enlightenment, that's a meme, if you seriously want to be enlightened you'd be in tibet right fucking now but you're not. don't kid yourself.
it's still useful to practice it though.
it doesn't make your life easier, the problems you consider big are now small and the problems that were so big you couldn't perceive them now have your attention

>Everything is valuable user
It clearly isn't. Things with greater function have greater value. Things I have no value for are neglected. The world is luckily built to emphasis play, which you're depressed about. Or maybe egotistical about, since your emo position is a point of pride for you.