Housemate invited me to a BBQ for his birthday

>housemate invited me to a BBQ for his birthday
>I've been avoiding and stonewall sperging them for almost a year
>couldn't think of a good excuse in the moment
>y-yeah sure man...
It's in 4 days, how the fuck do I get out of this tactfully bros I haven't had an irl conversation in years I'm not ready to be thrown into the deep end

Attached: d72.png (405x393, 69.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EoP1NEGIpwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

spend the entire day before screaming as loud as you can so your voice will be shot and people wont expect you to say anything

What the fuck did you do? You ruined everything, just kill yourself.

You better go to that BBQ. Otherwise you're gonna faggot this board up with more "uwu is 23 too late to make friends and start a new career and find a gf"

I gave up hope a long time ago. I haven't been on this board in a long time either.
It was my first thought when I got back into my room unironically but I know I'm too much of a pussy at this point I just have to live with myself
I can't go, just to exist in the same space as other people for an extended period of time would be torture. l prep my meals at 3am so nobody sees me, if I'm thirsty during the day I just wait until everyone's gone to sleep to get some water. I go to the supermarket 20 minutes before it closes because there's only like 2 people there. I have massive holes in my shoes and 3 sets of clothes because I can't face shopping. I can't fucking do it man...

Could just be brutally honest to them, idk how they would react but its always an option, u could also just say you cant stay long

I couldn't really say "I can't stay long" because I think they know I just stay in my room all day.
Maybe honesty is my best option though. Just telling the guy "I don't want anything to do with you" or something like an asshole.
I don't think I could actually be honest about how scared and socially fucked I am since he would probably be nice about it and encourage me. He's a normalfag with good intentions, he's the new housemate and the only guy to attempt to reach out to me but I'd rather he just left me alone.

You could be just be honest and let him know, either way being honest about it will likely help later on. Id probably just be honest but let him know you cant stay long since you'd be uncomfortable.

go to that fucking bbq user.

Just drink bro. It gets me past school and the events I go to. Just get tipsy or someshit

Just go for a few minutes then leave without telling anyone.
Worst case: They'll think you're a weirdo (they already do)
Best case: They won't invite you again

>I haven't had a conversation in years
>literally just had one with your housemate
Stop being a pussy, maybe something good will happen to you at that BBQ, God forbid.

It was a two sentence exchange which is more than I've had since I can't remember. If "stop being a pussy" had worked I wouldn't be in the state I am. I know that I'm messed up, I just want to get out of it so please don't be mean.
sorry man, I wish I could say I'm resolved to do it but I couldn't tell you how many times I've told myself that and ran away at the last minute like a startled horse. When it comes down to the moment my brain just won't.
I cry when I drink so I don't do it anymore
I guess, maybe I could muster up the courage to talk to the guy. I hope he hasn't mentioned inviting me to anyone else in the house. I just pretend to be a ghost, I like to think they don't even know I exist when I leave their vision.

>I know that I'm messed up, I just want to get out of it so please don't be mean.
Go to the BBQ and try to pretend you want to be there. You don't have to hang out with the cool kids. Just stand around like Hank Hill sipping a wine cooler and pretending like you enjoy the vibes. Make menial small talk if people talk to you. If you want the nuclear option of do or die, tell your housemate that you have social anxiety. If he laughs at you, you don't have to go. If he gives a modicum of a shit about you, he'll try his best to handhold you through it because he apparently actually WANTS you to be there (it's for HIS birthday - unless it's at the house you live at already where he's forced to invite you to not make it weird, he seems to want you to be there).

You can't skate by life and pretend it doesn't matter forever. You can be a wayward outcast until about 25 - after that, you need to get your shit together, or at least try to begin to do so. Consult the attached picture for more information.

t. wayward outcast until 28

Attached: 1638102033360.jpg (500x375, 43.06K)

Do whatever keeps yourself calm user, just try and take it easy. Hope you have a good time if you choose to go

Thanks for the encouragement broskis, but I know what I am. There's no amount of coaxing, browbeating, or convincing myself that will make me show up on the day. Frustrating I know, but I know how it goes at this point.

Say nothing and then don't go, if he talks to you again just say "lol sorry man I forgot" and move on.

The difference between people who do and those who don't is that the people who do learned to do so at a young age, and found that even if things didn't go their way, the downside of it wasn't really that bad.

Those that don't either overexaggerated the consequences internally or convinced themselves that not doing it was always the right choice, because they believe that they already know the outcome and want to avoid it.

I hope you grow up one day, user.

Attached: 1633112393094.jpg (546x896, 90.58K)

Trust me man, I know. I know that if I did go to the thing it would probably be fine. Maybe I'd have a good time maybe not, it wouldn't be a big deal. I also know I won't go.

That's real sad, bro.

Attached: 1647701407742.png (1000x602, 1.07M)

youtube.com/watch?v=EoP1NEGIpwU