My boyfriend is depressed and he just plays OSRS all day, he does nothing else. maybe i should force him to exercise...

my boyfriend is depressed and he just plays OSRS all day, he does nothing else. maybe i should force him to exercise, or just continue playing the sympathetic gf with no effect.

(pic rel is an osrs wyrm/dragon I'm drawing for him)

Attached: pic.png (527x362, 135.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011048/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you should kill yourself so i can come gouge out the eyeballs of your lifeless body and violate your corpse

>is depressed and he just pla

das a good dragon babe

tell him after he gets 99 runecrafting you'll wear any sexy cosplay he wants, see how he reacts, if he doesn't care then you're a stupid XP goblin and should fuck off

Thx.
he's not into cosplay really, but I guess I could ask.
but it goes deeper than that, i indulge in his fetishes often but still he's depressed 24/7 and quite frankly i'm a bit exhausted because i play therapist for him almost for a year constantly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011048/

Just curious, what are his kinks? Maybe stop engaging in them and see what happens

Have you tried doing small dates with him? Maybe like watching something stupid together, cooking, or playing videogame

pic rel. and maybe I should try yeah.
he takes vitamin d and magnesium, but thanks, more exercise is needed I think.
if that counts as a small date then we do it all the time. last night he stayed the night at my place which is quite rare and it was fun. but by the evening he got in a depressed mood again, I became depressed and stressed too and now I can't get anything done at home because I worry about him and our relationship.

Attached: pu-high-waisted-stretch-skinny-jeans-black-zinnie-lily-lulu-fashion-3.jpg (530x747, 32.94K)

yea people get stuck in a rut

with the way the world is today it makes sense, tons of people are just falling into escapism, myself included, but I'm about to rise up

I asked on /adv/ too and one guy said he was in a similar situation, he got better after he "woke up" after his gf left him. I don't want to have to do that but maybe it would indeed make him improve, which is sad to think about.

Easy. Tell that faggot to suck it up. If he doesn't you leave. He's taking you and every other good thing he has going for him for granted, and if he can't snap himself out of his pussy mood, he deserves to learn what he had through loss. Imagine being fucking depressed while living such a carefree and pleasurable lifestyle. He's a weak bitch-boy, and you continuing to play therapist to his sulking 'woe is me' horseshit is just pathetic.

Yeah, stop doing everything to please him. Make him work for it again

How old are you two? If early 20's I'd say he's just a normal guy doing normal young guy things. If he's 30+ and still choosing the game over the girl then this is a problem that you cannot solve.
I wish I had a woman in my life to choose over my games and hobbies, someone to start a family with instead of just finding more ways to waste my time and stop myself from thinking about how I'm doing nothing with my life.

>Make him work for it again
any ideas? I already told him that maybe we should spend a little less time together because I felt like it was contributing to his stress.
thanks for your perspective, I mostly agree. sometimes I am too nice and too much of a doormat to demand what I need because I don't want to make him sad. but it's not like his life is particularly pleasurable, he can't get a job and it's giving him a lot of stress. what's worse is that he's only being offered therapy and it makes him angry that people make money off of his lack of a job.

Maybe try for small dates to happen more often and be more active (going out and just walking and talking about things), maybe put it on him to have an idea for one himself. Use that time to ask him about his depression, like explaining how he feels, and then you can explain your own perspective.
Communication is always useful, talk about it. Try to not make it a fight, or for it to be condescending, and stand your ground if he's being rude too.

I'm 21 and he's just turned 27. Idk why he's like this for sure, I think it's university and his lack of a job. he has adhd and he was fine in high school, but once he got into university he started hating every day of it.
but thanks user, I wish I had someone like that.

I pretty much always ask about it when he looks stressed/depressed, and we often have talks about his situation. but idk if it helps. I try to be supportive and to listen, but talking about it makes him more angry instead of relieved. (he's not angry at me I mean, just his issues)

what are his issues, OP?

I explained some of it here >he can't get a job and it's giving him a lot of stress. what's worse is that he's only being offered therapy and always being told to "talk to someone" and it makes him angry that people make money off of his stress from not having any job.
he also hates being in university but still wants to go through it. high school was fine for him, but he has adhd and he just hates how all the courses are full of wishy washy group assignments and the whole atmosphere here. but it's not like he's doing poorly, all the professors have heard of him because he's very smart and asks good questions during lectures.

University? So is he only looking for jobs worthy of his education, or has he stooped to accepting minimum wage retail work and fast food work? if sitting around being useless is depressing him (as it would me) and that is the reason for him going to the computer, then he needs to reduce his ego and just get a job already.
If that isn't the case I stand by my previous statement, 27 is just reaching too old to be still doing that when you have someone there for you.

Maybe start hanging out with friends and talk out loud about how much fun you're having
Hang out with guys you know?

If he's in the last few years of uni then it makes sense that shits rough. That happens to everybody, specially in hard degrees. If you don't like spending time with him or think you are not getting what you want out of a relationship, that's understandable and you should probably break up.
From my perspective, it sounds like he's coping with hard uni work by playing videogames. If you want to spend more time with him ask him, but I don't know if it's necessarily wrong for him to want to turn his brain off and play OSRS. But in that same vein, you mentioning to him that maybe you should spend less time isn't wrong either, but it does stress him out.
Break up with him, stay with him knowing that for a bit things will be rough and wait to see if they get better in the future, or do the in-between and tell him "we should spend less time together. I want more out of a relationship, but I don't think you can provide it right now".

he says he will do anything as long as he doesn't have to be any kind of fundraiser or phone salesman, and as long as he doesn't have to touch fresh human shit.
but desu I understand him, I also apply to lots of part-time jobs but since I don't have much experience, I haven't found anything. I've applied to supermarkets and stores and even they don't want me as a cashier because I don't have experience for it. I only manage to get work in elections because I had luck and now I have a connection to the local election agency. (he can't do election work because he helps with his friend's political campaigns)
yeah I should. I mean I mentioned today that I hope this one guy won't be at a party (will be the first university party i visit this whole year) because were friends until he asked me out and it would be awkward. my bf said jokingly that he was jealous, but it doesn't affect him a lot, I don't have any male friends for obvious reasons. but I should go out way more often tbf.

this advice is literally just throwing coal to the fire for no reason. Just talk about your problems and then decide whether you break up or not baka