Are jrpgs rpgs?

im bored out of my mind and you faggots will argue over just about anything
discuss subject related

Attached: ds_shin_megami_tensei_devil_survivor_p_pi4aa9.jpg (1540x1382, 605.63K)

>jrpg
its in the name retard

Yeah, they're just different

RPGs were founded on the idea of character creation and making decisions about how the story plays out so in a way, not really.
But you could also say that W-RPGs aren't really RPGs since they don't really allow you to carve out and tell your own stories which was an even more important part of tabletop RPGs than the character creation.

>RPG
>Role Playing Game
There you go. JRPG don't allow you to play any role other than Cloud from FFVII or Hero from Dragon Quest.

Incredibly good game and maybe the best and most underrated in the entire MegaTen series. Good taste OP.

Attached: 1642016373261.gif (340x324, 218.35K)

What's the role you get to play?

A devil summoner with the alignment of your choice.

Yeah but it's not really a choice. "Evil" alignment always has a consequence while "Good" alignment have benefits.

still playing a role though :^)

If I go to McDonald's and I only get to be a burger flipper or potato fryer, am I role-playing? or am I just working?

>implying law isnt just a circlejerk that surrenders humanity to god's reigns

Uh...what? I know you think that sounded cool in your head, but it makes no sense. Explain how law is a humanity's facade for God's control over humanity.

>facade
said who?

Attached: 1641491127864.png (431x700, 412.38K)

Let's at least finish Philosophy 101 at your local community college to complete the meme. You going there just to bum cigarettes while waiting for your friends doesn't count.

uh, meds? are you ok user

Cuts deep when it's real

it doesnt even cut the flesh if you dont hit it. are you fucking with me right now?

Attached: 1643726628181.jpg (300x392, 39.27K)

It's always fun to see someone flailing wildly to avoid answering a legit question that will expose his fraud. I bet you'll say "where's the question?"

do you have any suggestion as for a nintendo ds emulator because i happen to not be in possession of a physical nintendo ds

i think you're just confusing me shitposting about smt alignments with actual discussion of religious philosophies

If you are getting this genuine who is really confused about whose shitpost here?