Is driving a car as hard as it looks? i mean...

is driving a car as hard as it looks? i mean, you have to memorize all these rules and if you make the slightest fuck up you either get a ticket or cause hundreds of dollars of damage. doing it all in a manual sounds even more difficult. seriously how do people do this shit?

Attached: funny-pig-hanging-its-paws-wheel-car-driving-200194349.jpg (800x533, 40.75K)

you literally put it in drive and hit the gas pedal. i'm an autistic retard and if i can drive, then so can you.

i've seen dumb people, the elderly, and women drive but it still looks very difficult and scary.

The biggest retard can drive a car, you just need to constantly practice, which happens in driving school, then keep constantly using the car. That's the problem for many robots here, myself included, we got our licenses but we have no cars or nowhere to drive or no money to spend on gas, so the skill atrophied and died. You are right that doing it in manual is absolute cancer, I wish automatic was the norm, but normies would whine about muh driving pleasure. Leave that shit for people who want to drive for the sake of driving, it's hard enough to focus on everything else without having to change gears every 30 seconds

Honestly it's mainly common sense when it comes to rules, there's only a couple you really need to know, eg different signs and give way rules but once you know that it comes pretty natural and after about a year you'll be doing it completely on autopilot. I can drive somewhere and have a complete memory blackout of the journey.

Only time I've ever gotten stressed out while driving is when I drove through a big city.

It feels like that at first
Then it feels easy - literally just stopping at lights and turning at lights over and over
Then you forgot all the rules and signs
Then you get careless
Then you die in a car accident

>you have to memorize
Stopped reading cause you're below cognitive thinking abilities

>I wish automatic was the norm
It is the norm. Manual transmissions are barely offered anywhere now, though it is making a slight comeback.

>is driving a car as hard as it looks?
no

>get a ticket
listen. fuck the law. the objective is to not crash and to operate youre vehicle in a manner that displays mastery of the task

>doing it all in a manual sounds even more difficult
its actually easier becuse you get more control of braking via engine braking. you get to dab on autocucks downhill while they ride the brakes

all i ask is that if you do it do it right. do your research before learning and continue improving even if you get a liscense. if youre crawling through every corner one handed and stil somehow crossed up with fucked seat positioning mening you stuggle to turn the wheel even half way and are causing a nuisance for me then please drive off a cliff

it's legit real easy, i was also scared at first, but i ended up really liking it, so who knows, ma ybe you're gonna have a fun time at the end of the day

>the objective is to not crash and to operate youre vehicle in a manner that displays mastery of the task
Pretty much this. You can just read the signs as you drive along, and use Google Maps to help. You really don't need to memorise that much.

its similar to pushing a shopping cart in the grocery store. some people are clumsy about it. some people just naturally glide with it, and move it at will, without bumping it

i think if you cant get a hold of it naturally, you just need practice. for me, its as easy as pie, but i havent drove in years. but when i did, easy as pie. only time i had issues is in NEW areas. if you're driving in a area you know, its like riding a bike. new areas have weird traffic signals which sometimes can catch you off guard

Just don't fuck up

>its similar to pushing a shopping cart in the grocery store. some people are clumsy about it. some people just naturally glide with it, and move it at will, without bumping it
and some people stop in the fucking way and should be killed on the spot

>you get to dab on autocucks downhill while they ride the brakes
If people weren't so braindead about basic car functions you can still engine brake in autos by selecting 3 or (-). They even have a retard stopper built in with the ECU in most cars keeping you from selecting too low of a gear and overevving the engine.

driving is very easy, the hard part is dealing with heavy traffic and sharing the road with shitty drivers

>you can still engine brake in autos by selecting 3 or (-
nah
at least in hondas d3 still gives you fuck all engine braking. some trannies actually decouple on decel
auto is just a fucking mess. the farthest we should have gone is clutchless stick
you see so many fucks who likely have auto licenses constantly tapping away at the barke to adjust speed
the torque conc=verter and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

It becomes easier once you internalize the attitude of not giving a shit about other drivers. If they're in a hurry, that's their problem, not yours.

>some trannies actually decouple on decel
I knew a couple of old saabs did this, who's doing this nowadays? I believe you, the auto industry has been doing some absolutely wretched things in the name of muh efficiency & safety lately. Honda's also have some shit autos, but at least with my old Nissan truck putting it into 3 would give you decent engine braking in most situations, and I'd still be helpful for autocucks to learn to do. Course I might be too hopeful, 90% of them never use parking brakes either so that might be too much to ask.

>Honda's also have some shit autos, but at least with my old Nissan truck putting it into 3 would give you decent engine braking in most situations
desu i drive fairly short geared 5 speed in a tin can so im biased but d3 above 25-30km/h might as well be freewheeling for me
the accord is worse than the crv though
dont even get me started on the zero feedback steerig in the accord. crv at leat seems to have civic tier feedback