Anons how do I cope?

I'm an oldanon who has been a wagie since finishing high school. I work at a grocery store now as a cashier. For a variety of reasons, these types of jobs are the best I can do. I would just go NEET but I don't qualify for any assistance.

I'm doing allright but the problem is that I'm getting to the age where people really look down on me for working retail. Most of the people I went to high school with got good careers. How do I cope?

Attached: cashiering.jpg (506x675, 65.93K)

>For a variety of reasons, these types of jobs are the best I can do.
elaborate on dis

>people really look down on me for X
Fuck 'em. If you're happy and financially stable, why should X matter?

Drive a semi-truck, save money, start your own business.

Similar situation. There is no cope beyond accpeting that you will never be a normie.

I tried leaving and doing other blue collar stuff like construction/warehousing and it sucked even more. No people to deal with, but work is more irregular and you work with true sub-humans.

>I'm doing allright but the problem is that I'm getting to the age where people really look down on me for working retail.
Those are not good people, stop associating with them.
>t. 30 year old retail worker

normies cope with alcohol and look down on other drugs. they literally cannot go through life without alcohol, it was deemed essential during the pandemic when everything shut down, hospitals, gas stations, food, emergency shit and liqour is somehow essental to living. but normies will make sure to ban any substance they dont use

Why do you even have friends in real life in the first place? Get the fuck off Any Forums this website is for social outcasts only!

Honestly, I don't have the IQ to do anything that might translate to a good career. Things like learning to code or getting a good college degree are out of reach for me.

I don't really have friends sadly. I figure out what people I used to know are doing now mostly by digging around online.

>people really look down on me for working retail.
Who are these "people" you speak of?

There is nothing wrong with working in a grocery store. It is a perfectly respectable job. Anyone who would look down on others for it is small minded.

there are lots of good careers that don't require a high IQ or academic intelligence. Are skilled trades an option for you? Things like welding or becoming a paramedic or construction.

Although, I guess if you're doing fine where you are there's no need for this

start killing them

Ironically this .
If you're being unjustly shamed, i.e. you can't do any better, you have to reciprocate the lack of respect or else adopt masochism. The people who scorn you must cease to hold a place in your heart. You must go your own way and so must they.

Always look on the bright side.
Put on a happy smile and just do you.

Attached: pepe-the-frog-masker.jpg (800x600, 39.21K)

Work at USPS. You make mad money , pretty fun depending on what your job is , plus good benefits. No school, no college , or any skills at all when you start too.

If you are making fun of me you know I do have a bachelors degree even though I work in retail. Not everybody in retail is uneducated stop judging us.

I used to be a "gifted kid". Being smart made it so I didn't have to study to pass tests, so I didn't.
Even freshman year of college was easy. No studying, mostly smoked weed instead. Eventually my lack of study skills, depression, my lack of social skills and my drug problem made me fail out of college.
I went into retail, quickly moved to supervisor and then manager at a larger specialty store (you could probably find me if I named it). I hate every minute of my job, but it's impossible for me to go back to college simply because they won't take me back.

Or potentially over the age of 25, or not dumb. Not even hating on OP, i'm a bigger loser than him, but the reality is "anyone who would look down on on others for it is small minded" is a demo that includes most people.

Just be happy doing what you do.
Maybe you want to be a janitor instead?