I don't believe God is real anymore, to be honest...

I don't believe God is real anymore, to be honest. There's just so much evil and suffering in this world that he can't possibly exist. I wish there was some meaning to this world and an afterlife, but I just can't believe in it anymore.

Attached: IMG_20220323_052849.jpg (2532x1844, 1.41M)

>not realizing that God is just plain evil

Who did you think God was previously? Some bearded man looking over us, deciding whats gonna happen like some chess game?

I don't believe in God either but I must ask you one question.

If a God were to exist then why would it necessarily have to be good? What's obligation it to being a loving and compassionate deity? Why can't it be malicious?

Even if God ever existed, we could never begin to understand the intentions or actions of an invisible, intangible, eternal, cosmic being.

A world without suffering with be a greater nightmare beyond your imagining. The unlimited capacity for evil suffering allows for the capacity for good and joy in the same way you can't make a heroic saint if he had never endured temptation or pain.

Attached: t9KvH4gdavvTen0H[1].jpg (1280x720, 114.42K)

Why do Christcucks say the most retarded things?

Babies not dying of cancer or toddlers not being drowned by their mothers wouldn't suddenly make vidya less enjoyable or some shit.

You're just regurgitating what you've heard other christcucks say about this subject without actually thinking about it

Any being that demands worship, doesn't deserve worship.

So even if there is a God it's not like you have to worship it

Not really. There is still a difference between states of pleasure or contentment, it's not one continuous line. And suffering is a matter of degree, if I live a relatively comfy life I'm not missing out on life because I don't struggle the same way a starving African with malaria would.

The theological presupposition is that God as an omniscient and omnipotent being would understand (and even determine) good and evil and be beyond them. It does not make sense that such a being would be evil since its nature defines what is good and evil. Of course this is all meaningless if God does not exist to begin with.

you're a dumb retard

this

also there isn't black and white if your magic sky uncle actually were omnipotent, I'm sure he'd find something inbetween if the extremes are no good... you know, but without innocent babies being raped and killed by monsters and such, duh.

religious retards are the the dumbest, most gullible idiots I swear

You've immediately proven my point though. The only way you can define comfort, or even contentment, is by referencing some wretched African with malaria.

I disagree entirely with your second statement, Respectfully.

God does not necessarily have to be all powerful, God does not necessarily have to choose what is good or evil, even if God decides what is good and evil it doesn't have to actually care. It can still choose to be evil

never read a single book on theology or religion in their lives and still lives with their parents

There will always be relative suffering, no matter how trivial.

If you have a molecular food reconstructor that creates whatever you want on demand and one day it breaks, that will make you suffer.

Horrible things don't need to happen so a saint can prove how stalwart he is. That's some kind of cult-speak for coping as to why your perfect master allows awful things to exist.

Heaven is just an unrealistic cope.
Would it feel like it does in real life?
Will you still have your motor skills and consciousness and will you look like a ghost or will you still be in your body?
Will you still have the urge to fulfill the Maslow's hierarchy of needs?

There is no heaven, its all a game where you get to experience life and its dynamics and mechanisms.

And how is relative suffering different from 'genuine' suffering? Why isn't children with cancer relative suffering instead of genuine? What would world without suffering look like? What would a world with a 'pleasurable degree' of suffering look like you think?

Attached: crouching tiger_01.jpg (1065x1065, 82.3K)

You completely missed the point.
We don't typically think about starving African children with malaria, (at least I don't) when playing vidya or some shit.
I'm able to enjoy my vidya in a vacuum basically.

If the children in Africa where well fed and healthy I would still be enjoying my vidya the same amount as I am right now, because I'm enjoying my vidya in a vacuum, I'm not thinking about the starving African children.

Whether the reason I'm not thinking about them is because I'm too focused on the vidya or because they don't exist doesn't change anything.

Others don't need to suffer for me to derive enjoyment from things. Anything

That's a based boar

The point is it is impossible to definite joy without suffering. Yin yang. You need to suffer and have knowledge of suffering to know what joy is.

The semantics of what you're thinking about while playing video games is irrelevant.

>read this supplemental material and it will explain why my friend in the sky is the bestest ever
Those books would be bestsellers if they convinced anyone of anything. They don't.

*read Summa Theologica and didn't put it down and suddenly think, "Now I need to telepathically communicate with Yahweh, the Jewish titan and storm-bringer"

You are using a creature perspective to measure a creator. A computer would never understand human. A human would never understand god.

You don't really need to read up on theology to notice a retarded comment when you see one

I agree people who said 'lmao gond dont real cause bad thing' are pretty retarded

It's completely relevant. I can enjoy any activity in a vacuum without needing my next door neighbor to be a child molester in order for me to enjoy said activity

I can attest to the existence of the soul, entities outside of our perception, and the power of prayer, but I cannot be certain of a God. That's why I asked into the ether for God to reveal himself and I heard a name. I have held onto this name as God's true name for over a decade now.

But why can you enjoy things? Define joy without referencing suffering.

And I agree with that as well. There's no logical reason to come to the conclusion that if the universe was created by a thinking agent that said agent necessarily HAS to be good.

To believe that the universe was either created by a loving deity or wasn't created by a deity is a false dichotomy, and is indeed just as retarded as stating that that you need suffering in life in order to enjoy things

It's all "suffering", but on measurable levels. Most of us already live in the suffering-free world right now.

No predators, no bandits, no wars (most of us), no famine, no plagues (well, maybe a few). Unless a tragedy happens, most people are just fucking fine with very minor inconveniences.

Compare our lives to 1000 years ago. You were lucky to survive childhood, and if you did you either went out to war or you toiled until someone else's warriors came and killed you for fun. We're in a 24/7 party compared to that shit.

thank you I'm perfectly capable of recognizing idiocy when I see it

also I had to suffer through a religious education in school so I know all about their bullshit.
And I dont know what my living situation has to do with it but I own real estate and my parents are enjoying their retirement alone so ....

Feeling of great pleasure and happiness. Rather than just being content.

Now let me ask you a question. Would the world be better or worse without child rapists?

suffering and evil are almost exclusively caused by humans themselves

God cannot exist.
If god is perceived as an entity, he needs to have human consciousness for to make rules and create it in all human logic.

Having the idea that god has consciousness means he inherently possesses the human condition, as with humans or other being can feel pain and suffering or pleasure.

Shit doesn't make sense

Not all. Babies with cancer is a good example.
I don't think anyone would complain if that stopped being a thing

You're absolutely right.

And you are again proving the exact point I'm trying to make. You only define this world as a 24/7 party because in some other time and some other place there was an awful hellscape.